IGNORED

Headlight adjustment

I'm sure I should have known this but.....

I was installing my new ClearView screen which requires removing (at least partially) the front fairing piece. I've had that off once before but this time I notice that there is a knob on the left side way down near the bottom of the fairing for adjusting the headlight.

Don't know why I never saw it before. :confused:

There's also a screw on the right hand side that adjusts the left and right movement of the light. If you turn the bars all the way to the left and look below the bars at the hole (space) in the lower part of the faring, next to the steering head, there's a long, brass, phillips head screw.

Edited by gibvel

This might be a good time to mention other "hidden gems" on the 2nd Gen.

Such as...

- accessory plug under drivers seat

- removeable cap for cigarette lighter below drivers seat on left side

.... and I'll throw it out there... hidden cassette deck !

Clock by pushing select and reset buttons on dash.

Push select again to go back to Odometer.

Set by pushing and holding select and reset for at least 2 seconds.

Min. will flash set; with reset button. Push select again, hour will flash; set with reset button. push select again to start clock. :Bunny:

Edited by gibvel

If you have passing lamps installed (corectly) there is also a little on/off push button on the inside left of the fairing. (near that 12V outlet)

I normally leave them on (mine are always on) but if group riding at night and your extra lights are too bright for the guy in front of you,,,, you can turn them off.

PS: Hey Al W. Maybe see you in Kennesaw on Oct 19? Me and Carol and Jerry Mefford are going to the FTC drop at the Yamaha factory.

Edited by Mike G in SC

Mike G

I've talked to Jerry M about going. Catch is...it's a long ride for him (and you folks) so he is probably gonna overnight it. I'm talking about going but I'd need to leave about 0430! So I'll be watching the weather for the few days before. The event starts a bit early but I think I can "one day" it :)

Mike G

I've talked to Jerry M about going. Catch is...it's a long ride for him (and you folks) so he is probably gonna overnight it. I'm talking about going but I'd need to leave about 0430! So I'll be watching the weather for the few days before. The event starts a bit early but I think I can "one day" it :)

Al, as this is your thread,,,, not stealing it,,,

Carol and I are going to be coming down from the BR Parkway from a few days of riding and will also stay in Kennesaw on Thursday night. Not sure if same hotel as Jerry, but same exit off I-75. Then may head home after the event (?). Mike G.