My 2007 Midnight Venture is still under factory warranty intil Feb 2013, then I have 2 years extended.

I have noticed in the past few days the riders seat is starting to split down in the creases.

Also the left rear speaker is blown.

I know the "Bumper to bumper" warranty isn't AS Bumper to bumper as it should be.

So my question is, should I approach my dealer with these concerns or am better off just dealing with them myself?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2007 Midnight Venture

Monroe, GA

Guest scarylarry

If your lucky and the dealer wants to fight for you the seat could be replace, I have known of a few not sure they was as old as yours, but the speaker I'm betting is all on you..

They (Yamaha) replaced both the driver and passenger seats for me about 2 months before my warrenty ran out on my 07. Dealer initially expected Yamaha to to take the position of "Normal wear and tear" but they submitted any ways and it went right thru, in my opinion the seats should be covered as long as there is no evidence that they were cut by a tool or something. Speakers, that could be tough, but if it just one you could argue that if they say it is due to cranking the volume so high that the speaker blew, I would ask why the other 3 are not blown, the volume is not specific to individual speakers or channels (left / right).

Good luck, keep us informed on how you make out.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update ya'll on the warranty issues I had.

The dealer needed to take pictures of the seat and said they needed to diag the speaker/radio to "determin if it was a bad speaker or the radio unit was not driving the speaker."

I removed both rear speakers at lunch one day and ran over to show them the speaker was still bad when plugged in the other side and the good speaker was still good on the "bad side."

Anyway, yesterday at lunch I ran over and swapped out both the speaker and rider seat with new ones under warranty!

A big thanks to Primo Powersports on Hwy 78 in Lilburn, GA.

:cool10::cool10::cool10:

• 3 months later...
Has anyone purchased a extra warranty on there bike. We have one on our 2006 SUV and it has been well worth it. Any info on who is good and what a price may be.

Steve Taskay

ditchdoctor:fingers-crossed-emo

I didn't think you could purchase an extended warranty (beyond the Royal Star 5 year) from the dealer or Yamaha,,, normally.

I did purchase 2 years of YES from Yamaha at a STAR Touring charity auction. The Yamaha parts rep was there and they offered it if your bike fit certain criteria, which my 2006 RSTD (by then, out of warranty) did. My dealer was suprised but happy to honor it.

2007royalmidnight, was your additional 2 years offered at time of sale of your bike, new?

Steve, Don't know about 3rd party warranties, if that is what you are asking.

Mike G.