Please, need some help. Got caught in a very heavy rain in the ozarks. Cars going by sent waves of water. Anyway, couldn't get the bike to run properly the next day. It would run on full choke only #1 & 4 were cool and not firing, pulled #1 plug it was wet with gas. Put the bike in my trailer and had to ride two up on my wife's bike, thank God she let me drive. Two days later when we got home the bike started okay and took it for a 1/2 hour ride. 4 days later I washed the bike it started but after about 30 seconds it started to miss and quit. About 15 minutes later I tried again and it seems to be running okay again. Looks to me like a moister problem. Not really sure where to start. I took the seat and side covers off and was thinking of misting around the coils and connectors with a spray bottle while it was running but thought I better check to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Also thought of taking the connectors apart and use some dielectric grease on them. Not sure if it could be used on the coil wires?

Thanks in advance

Thanks David, I Got the bike running again and used a spray bottle on the left back, it stalled out again. Removed the battery and battery case, not an easy task when you do it for the first time. The Ignitor unit far left connector looked real dirty and wet. Didn't check but if it feed 1 & 4 coils it would make sense. Also noticed on the back side of the ignitor that one half was smooth and the other by the dirty connector was all lumpy. Is that a sign of overheating, or the unit on its way out? Talked to a mechanic at the local bike dealer and he said they have never had to change that unit. Blowing smoke, I don't know. Interested in hearing everyone's

thoughts?

Not finished yet but will check all the connectors I can find. Hope to get the bike working this week. We are planning to head down to NC first week in Oct. for two weeks. Wife said if my bike doesn't work I can ride behind her. Now, that would be a sight, I'm a big guy.

2009...would it be a warranted item?

You would think so? But not sure. I was afraid the bike wouldn't be ready by Friday if I left it to them. We're heading to NC for ten days. Hope the weather is okay

Update. I've had the battery box and coolant reservoir out twice. The first time I cleaned all the connectors I could find and used dielectric grease on them. Put it back together and it was still running on two cylinders, but the opposite two? Back apart again and I cleaned out all the connections and reassembled without grease and its running again. Took it out for a three hour tour and everything seems okay. Ran out of time to test with water, i'm working til Friday and we're heading to NC Saturday.

So its untested that way, those of you in NC if you see a big guy riding B on the back of his Wife's bike please don't get in an accident while laughing :Laugh:

We're going to trailer them down so we'll try to avoid riding in the rain.

• 3 weeks later...
update i think its been over the 10 days if my math is right :confused24:

We like NC, Smoky's and the Parkway, had a great time with no problems. Only rained the first day so the bikes stayed in the trailer. The rest of the time we cruised. Bikes got misted in the clouds on the parkway but no issues. Was a little surprised at the amount of traffic even mid week. But then trees are changing color.

Guy went down on the dragon, not sure what happened but looked like a trailer detached from a car, didn't see the bike but the guy was laying in the middle of the road and police were directing traffic. Hope He's okay.

Starting to think of next year, any suggestions?