IGNORED

Great Ride on the Skyline Drive

Aimhigh

We are visiting our home resort of Massanutten in Virginia. We trailered the bike up with us and yesterday rode the Skyline Drive...what a great ride! Was going to post photos, but I cannot seem to get them down to the size that will upload.

We rode Skyline Drive in June.

Cost was $10 for two on the MC.

Later I found out that you can get a Senior National Park Pass for $10.

That is for life and will cover admission to National Parks and other federal recreational lands,,,, for life. May also include other discounts at the parks. It's good for your car load or you and 3 others if walk in.

Got to be 62,,,, driver license.

YES THIS IS A NATIONAL SECRET! Cause they WILL NOT tell you about it as you pay for admissions. You have to know to ask, really.

I saw some older couples at Lookout Mountain pay for tickets that cost more than the pass. Then when I got to the ranger and asked for the pass,,, no problem.

And hey, it used to be free! Not many bennies left.

Mike G in SC

We rode Skyline Drive in June.

Cost was $10 for two on the MC.

Later I found out that you can get a Senior National Park Pass for $10.

That is for life and will cover admission to National Parks and other federal recreational lands,,,, for life. May also include other discounts at the parks. It's good for your car load or you and 3 others if walk in.

Got to be 62,,,, driver license.

YES THIS IS A NATIONAL SECRET! Cause they WILL NOT tell you about it as you pay for admissions. You have to know to ask, really.

I saw some older couples at Lookout Mountain pay for tickets that cost more than the pass. Then when I got to the ranger and asked for the pass,,, no problem.

And hey, it used to be free! Not many bennies left.

Mike G in SC

yes, the pass is a plus...we have used it in Big Bend, and now here on Skyline...we always ask if discounts (age, military, AAA, etc.) are available...you never know, and (so far) it hasn't cost anything to ask!:thumbsup2: