Has anybody used this windshield as a replacement and is it a decent quality for the price?

It's about the same heigth as an OEM. For $70 bucks it's a pretty good deal. OEM's go for around $100. Shipping is fair also. Slip Streamers have been around, and I'm sure members have used them. MOF I think I have a Slip on the '91... or maybe it's a Show Chrome??? :confused07: Anyway go for it.....

I recently purchased one and installed it myself. Installation was difficult as the mounting holes/slots in the shield just don't line up. Needed to really push hard on the shield to get it to conform the the bike mounts, and had to be extra careful to not cross thread the mounting screws. Installation successful and the shield works fine. I peeled off the cleaning/care instructions from the poly wrapper and stuck it inside the trunk for review.

I selected the Slipstreamer because it is made from Acrylic, rather than the hardcoated Lexan of the OEM. I've found that the hardcoating comes off rather quickly and I don't appreciate that fact. The Acrylic also responds better to cleaning and polishing methods.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88 Venture

I also have the Slipstream on my 88 for about 2 years now. It is working fine, I had no issues with anything lining up.

The hard coat on the OEM is much more scratch resistant than the Slipstream. I checked every shop I could find on the internet and was not able to locate a new OEM shield. The hard coat on the OEM lasted 24 years so I figured that another will outlive me. I think I paid $90 for my Slipstream including taxes and shipping.

I recently purchased one and installed it myself. Installation was difficult as the mounting holes/slots in the shield just don't line up. Needed to really push hard on the shield to get it to conform the the bike mounts, and had to be extra careful to not cross thread the mounting screws.

That was an old stock windshield that you got, I had one like that back in 2006 & destroyed it shortly after (took out a deer). They had a batch, where the rear holes was out of position & the bends were not quite enough. I had gotten others since that 1st one in 2006, with a proper fit.

• 6 months later...

I found this thread that is not too old yet instead of starting a new one on windshields. My'89VR came with what looks like the same one from Precision Plastic Products. It works well, except it is much taller than I am used to on my previous ones. If rain or fog hits me I am blind. I like to be able to raise up taller and still look over the top when needed or even most of the time for the longer distances. This one also is in need of clearing up. It is supposed to be lexan which I prefer over the acrylics. I have hit big birds on my previous ones that came on the VRs I had and not a scratch or crack. I have one small crack in mine as well. So cutting it down not too bad I see online. What about polishing to clear up? I have read where some do this. But then the hardening is gone. thoughts or do I just find a new one but I also want the newer wider versions as well. thanks.