IGNORED

Rain Boots

djh3

Just got back from a trip that I had to don the rain suit 4 out of 4 days of riding. 3 of the days was not bad an hour maybe 2. Anyways the last day I just rolled the suit, and boots up and bungied them to the trunk rack as it was easier. When I got home I noticed that the heel of my rain boot has a tear in it. The ones I have now are maybe 5 yr old so close to replacement. They are the "spyder" type that have a complete sole. I am thinking about the Tourmaster or Nelson Rigg type. The cover just the toe and the heel is open. Can anyone tell me do these keep your feet dry with the heel being open? Are they a good rain cover? Looked at the Hopnel rain gaiters but the couple reviews didnt seem like the folks were very happy about the fastening methiod.

Belive me I have seriously thought about the taller rain boot covers. Most of the time thats all I would need. Unless its a driving hard rain like last week when I left @ 530am in a huricane. The average boot covers are not tall enough alone and my knees are what gets wet, so have to put on the full rain pants.

These are the ticket then.

I've had rain get under the rain suit pants and with shorter covers and still get rain over the top. It takes longer but you still end up with wet boots. Doesn't happen with these.

Plus they take up very little room. I put them in the Frog Togg bag along with the suit.

If I ever wear these out I'll replace with the same.

Only disadvantage I can see to open back is if water is high when you get to a light. A few years back the wife and I were on a trip and got to Gatlinburg. It was raining cats and dogs and water was ankle deep in town, so when you stopped at a light your boots would be on water and soaked. With the ones I have I was good. But how often does that happen? :confused24:

Had no choice. We were in the Cheerokee national forest and staying in Maggie Valley. We were going to Gattlinburg to shop and spend some time. So that's where we were. Streets looked like a river. Like I said I don't think it will happen very often. I hope anyways even though I had it again today heading up to Daytona. LOL man these afternoon storms from all this heat suck. They just spring up from nothing.

• 10 months later...

I've got the TourMaster Deluxe covers. Found them on MotorcycleGear for about $23.00.

They are great on those long, really wet days and high enough to fit up under the rain gear pants.

I have the lower wind wings on the '84 that makes most the difference when moving at speed, and usually wear the Red Wings that are treated with mink oil but the covers keep things dry no matter how bad it's coming down.

I hate soggy pants legs and wet boots. These take care of that problem.