IGNORED

Extremely, close call today.........

DragonRider

Jamie aka Wingman, Gene aka K Rider and I just returned from a day of riding, we went down to Warm Springs, Ga, rode over Pine Mt. and had lunch in Pine Mtn at a great little BBQ stand, Three Little Pigs, we hit some back roads, a lot of back roads on the way back home and about 25 miles from home it happened, we were riding down this 2 lane local road when out of nowhere the deer, don't know if it was a buck or a doe, it happened so fast, I didn't have tome to react, I couldn't have missed it by more than 2 inches. One second clear road ahead, next second this fury blur goes right in front of me, no time to react, which probably saved me from hitting him or swerving to avoid, all I could do was stop, get of the bike and compose myself. Gene said he saw it come over the fence heading my way, but couldn't say anything on the CB fast enough. If I had been going just a fraction faster I would have t-boned it and that would have smarted.........I wasn't wearing ATGATT :doh:.......shame on me. I am supposed to be getting a new Mesh Jacket for Fathers Day........

It would of really have pissed me off :crying:to have destroyed the Venture after getting it back to almost like new.

Wow, Thank God you guys are ok..... Wingman and K Rider could have been posting a much worse thread this afternoon. My wife and son were nearly T-Boned by a car speeding through a red light about a month ago.....missed by inches. Thank God for His protection!

Amen to that..............Ironically if the deer had come out between me and Wingman and got him instead of me, it would have still been my bike that got hit!! Jamie was riding my V Star 1300, I would have hated for it to happen to him, it was his first ride since he got rid of his bike last December. We were all very lucky to dodge that one......

. Thank God for His protection!

Glad you got past that without incident. The close calls like that are nerve racking. I've never come that close to hitting one but I've have enough meetings at eyeball to eyeball range that I don't care to come any closer.

I was out yesterday and in a 60 mile round trip around my usual riding area I ran across 6 different places where others have met up with Bamb, fortunately, with cages. Still fresh enough where the deer leftover were fresh and slippery and spread all over the road. That is enough fun in a curve without having to dodge the critters while they are still moving.

Last year about this time there were three deer, a buck and two does trying to cross the Interstate right in the middle of Omaha where I-80, I-480 and Hwy 75 interchange. That is five lanes each side and ramps going every which way and during the beginng of rush hour. The buck ran through the Westbound traffic and jumped the center barricade and ran head-on into oncoming traffic for quite and ways before making to the other side. One doe made it and the other did not. So much for wildlife in the city.

Don't even get me started on wild turkeys. Been plenty of them this year everywhere.

But glad you all got by without making introductions. Ride safe.

Mike

I have done the same thing Lew, and it took me the rest of my 45 mile trip to work back when I worked for Detroit Edison to remove the seat from me arse

:yikes: 5am, dark, and on a strait away and mom and her 2 kids came across the road. I split right between momma and the 1st youngun. I dont know how I missed all 3 of them....but I did. Like you said, I had zero time to react, and that too was probably a good thing

Glad your ok buddy :thumbsup2:

Thanks Brad I would have been more upset to hit it with the Venture, than the V Star...........all that work down the drain. That would have been very depressing. Like you said probably better not to react in that situation.

I have done the same thing Lew, and it took me the rest of my 45 mile trip to work back when I worked for Detroit Edison to remove the seat from me arse

:yikes: 5am, dark, and on a strait away and mom and her 2 kids came across the road. I split right between momma and the 1st youngun. I dont know how I missed all 3 of them....but I did. Like you said, I had zero time to react, and that too was probably a good thing

Glad your ok buddy :thumbsup2:

Went between three of them once and one hit me on the leg. Didn't touch the "Blue Beast" I don't think. But I had to go home and change shorts!! Got pone with the Ranger this year. next time I go Deer huntiung I'm taking a Gun!!

Glad you missed that one Lewis.

I know you could, glad you were able to tell us about it, I know it is something you want to put behind you and forget, but I know thats not possible, I remember all the details of all the accidents I have ever been in..........not good memories, but mine were nowhere as bad as yours was.

I could give you the other side of the story.....

We are doing well. Most weeks are five hours a day working on some aspect of a bike, so I am having fun and learning stuff. This three week block has been dealer service operations, so I am learning about their software programs, crash estimating, etc. The next block after that though will either be electric troubleshooting or engine rebuild, so things are looking up.

We will probably be back in Georgia around Christmas (the one week break we get). My oldest will be going to school at Ft Benning and my youngest is still in Atlanta. Will let you know if we get back to the area.

Maybe we can get a few VR members together for a short M&E, I know you will be here for your family, but VR is family also..........Miss you guys. Hope your schooling on bikes is successful.

We are doing well. Most weeks are five hours a day working on some aspect of a bike, so I am having fun and learning stuff. This three week block has been dealer service operations, so I am learning about their software programs, crash estimating, etc. The next block after that though will either be electric troubleshooting or engine rebuild, so things are looking up.

We will probably be back in Georgia around Christmas (the one week break we get). My oldest will be going to school at Ft Benning and my youngest is still in Atlanta. Will let you know if we get back to the area.