IGNORED

paint/coat for master cylinder

Does anyone happen to know about the finish on the OEM master cylinder? Is it paint, raw aluminum with clear, or some other kind of coating?

I'm trying to get a used 14mm master cylinder but would like to make sure its the same color as my original silver color on the 2000 RSV.

That's what I was thinking, but needed a 2nd opinion. Next question is can I find a 14mm master cylinder in the "short" version like my OEM yr 2000 has instead of just the "tall" versions I am seeing out there.

Give us some sort of dimension your looking at. what are you measuring and were to and from. I would think they have used the same ole part forever.

On your 09, isn't your front brake master cylinder reservoir about 3/8" taller than your clutch reservoir? My friend at work just got an 08 and his is that way -- my '00 is the same height between both sides. I get the whole bit about added capacity and supposed cooling, not that I agree with the concept, but I'm just wondering if they made a 14mm M/C in the shorter version.

I don't have measurements on either, but I can at least check mine.

I'm the idiot on this one -- sorry about the question on the tall-vs-short, don't know what I thought I saw.

Anyway, I have my 14mm master cylinder and have stripped off the old clear coat. Now, I need to figure out what to use for clear coat once I buff out a few imperfections.