IGNORED

85 venture parts on an 83

well, between work and lack of available cash, I didn't get too much done on the 83 over the last couple of months. I DID, however, get all the parts, finally, that I need to fix the rear brakes, so that will be getting done as soon as I get home from the 2 stroke meet this coming week at Deals Gap.

Anyway, my job as a cable guy has me running all over the county, so I see quite a few bikes and cars for sale. I was offered a 1985 Venture Royale for a very small sum. The bike has had part of the plastics removed for some electrical work. The plastics are in fantastic original condition, completely unlike mine.

My question is, will all of the 85 venture Royale plastics fit on my 83 standard Venture? If so, the plastics are worth the asking price as it less than the cost just for the paint and bodywork on my 83. I'm not concened about the 83 not being the original color. The 85 is either a dark burgundy or dark brown...light wasn't great when I saw it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Yes most parts are interchangeable! The upper fairings are interchangeable. The engine covers are not directly interchangeable however but can be made to work. The wiring harness from a standard to a Royale is NOT interchangeable but similar. The CMU is not interchangeable but the rest of the dash is. The TCI is not interchangeable nor are the carbs.

As was mwentioned, the '83 had a frame issue that was corrected on the '84 on up. The second gear issue was fixed midway during the '85 model year so later '85 does not have the problem. Early '85 does still have the issue...

Thanks for the replies. I knew about the electrical differences as there are more accessories on the 85 than on my 83. I'm mostly concerned about the body work. The 85 has some electrical issues and it hasn't run at all for a few years, so I'm thinking of it as a parts bike..

Thanks for the replies. I knew about the electrical differences as there are more accessories on the 85 than on my 83. I'm mostly concerned about the body work. The 85 has some electrical issues and it hasn't run at all for a few years, so I'm thinking of it as a parts bike..

I ran into a fit problem when replacing the lowers on my '83 with a later set. The upper tabs didn't line up with the '83's frame. I can't remember what year I used but it did color match the '83 gold, so either '84 or '87?? The '85's may fit.... or not??