IGNORED

My new 1986 Venture Royale

JohnT

Hey there everybody. A few weeks ago I bought a beater '84 Venture Royale. After riding it a bit I found I like ed it an awful lot. Got to looking around and found my new bike. I drove 350 miles each way on my hunch after talking to the owner and looking at a very blurry picture. Here is my new ride. 23,500 on the odometer. The carbs seem a little sluggish, hopefully Sea Foam will clear them up. Runs fair, but idles real low.

This is what it looks like without my touching it. Everything works as it should. I'll register it when I get back from my OTR trip this week.

:bluesbrother:

• 3 weeks later...

It still looks the same, a bit dirtier, but it is now running like it never has.

2 trips to the dealer later. Second trip for a new clutch. The original steels were beat and the friction disks glazed and scuffed by the steels. No more clutch slip when the right wrist takes a turn.

Second carb tweak, at no charge :cool10: and no more stumble. Idles fine, response is there. A bike that averaged just a bit over 300 miles per year for 20 years now has 500 miles in 2 weeks. I was on the road for 6 days and the bike was in the shop for 4. And I had chores to do, boss said so.

Now to get her clean and shiny. And ride.:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=66296&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1335140259

Yep these bikes are addictive..... not to mention the entertainment value from this bunch.

Nice looking ride. Sounds like good progress and doing fine.

But I got to throw in to check the date codes on those tires..... just to be sure, and safe.

Enjoy the ride.

:2BLUE:

Mike