IGNORED

Trailer Raffle and Fund Raiser for Dano

Freebird

Trailer Raffle Has Concluded. No more ticket sales. Winner will be drawn soon. Thank you all very much for your support.

As most of you know, Dano hit a dear on his RSV about 3 months ago and spent a good a long while in the hospital. He is home now and doing outpatient rehab but it is going to be at least a few more months before he is able to think about working again. Dano is self employed so no work means no money. Those of you who have been fortunate enough to meet him and Rose know that they are just great people. Dano is one that is always there when anybody needs his help but now he could use our help.

Jeff and Margaret kindly donated the trailer that they bought and loaned Aussie Annie and Quickstep to use during their travels in the USA last summer. We are going to raffle this trailer off with all proceeds going to Dano. If you have no interest in the trailer and but with to donate to the fundraiser anyway, that would be great also. The trailer is a 1994 Cycle Mate. It had new tires installed last summer and the wheel bearings were all repacked at the same time. Now please be aware that this trailer is presently being stored at a members house in Washington State. Getting it home will basically be the winners responsibility but I know that as a group,, we can do a trailer relay and help get it to the winner.

Rather than all the funds going through me or somebody else, I think the easiest way to do this will be to have you send your donations directly to Dano. The tickets will be $10.00 each or 3 for $25.00. If you use PayPal, PLEASE do NOT mention anything about a raffles as PayPal does NOT allow their services to be used for raffles. When you sent him the money, click on the "personal" tab and mark it as a "gift". That way there will be no PayPal fees held out of the donations.

Now this will be an extra step and a bit of an inconvenience for you but if you are actually sending a donation and want to be included in the raffle, you need to send me a private message and let me know that you have sent Dano the donation and how much it was so that I will know how many tickets to be added to the raffle in your name. I will not be sending out ticket stubs or anything like that. At the conclusion of the raffles, I will use a random number generator to choose the winner.

So let the fun begin. I hope that many of you will help out. If you can't send $10.00 for a raffle ticket, then $1.00, $5.00...whatever size donation will still be appreciated. It all adds up.

Here is the info for Dano. You can use this email address to send funds via PayPal. Just got to paypal.com, login, click send money, enter Dano's email address, click on the tab that says personal, mark it as a gift and send. If you don't use PayPal, you can send a check, money order, whatever to this address.

Dano's PayPal email address is:

danob11@comcast.net

His home address is:

Dan Obert 8699 W 800 N Indianapolis, Indiana 46259-9402

Edited by Freebird

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Folks, the donations are starting to tickle in. Thank you very much. I don't know how long I will keep the raffle open. I'm thinking a week or two. We'll just see how it goes. When it looks like everybody is about done, I'll announce that it is coming to an end and a date for the drawing.

Thanks Don and thanks guys. Like I told Don in the PM about this, being part of this group is special.

"Thanks for all your help here, what I've done for folks over the years is coming back to me and that is truly beautiful to behold and be part of."

I've got an MRI and a Cat scan scheduled for Friday to see what's wrong with the left arm.

STILL got the 84 out in the shed!!

Dano

STILL got the 84 out in the shed!!

Dano

Dan,

PM me if you need parts for the 84. I have quite a few things lying around.

I will probably have a set of front fairings if you need a set, I got a little better set, since I am painting it this year.

Gary

Edited by dingy

We are in for a little . Wish we had more but like Don has already said. Every little bit will help.

Now how to get that trailer back to NC . Ive rode behind it a time or 2 so now itll look good being in front of it with my 91.

David

Dano I really do wish you all the best and the wife and I have added you to our ever growing prayer list.