IGNORED

Questions for road engineers / workers

bryan52577

First off I live in Iowa, we have "winters" here. The city of Oskaloosa (where we live) lets us drive on rotten streets all spring & summer long. (Pot hole central I'm talking about).

Our great city (cough, cough) runs all over the city filling pot holes, but only in the VERY, VERY late fall.

Now with "winter" comes snow and ice, the snow and ice fill any pot holes that the city missed so we get smooth roads for 2 to 3 months. The snow plows drag out all the nice "shovel tapped in" blacktop patches, so when the snow and ice melts in early spring, we have ALL our holes back plus a few more till the next FALL!

Questions >

> WHY can't they fill the holes in the "spring" time and we have smooth roads all summer and fall and ice filled smooth roads in winter?

> What is the point of filling them in, to be drug out by the snow plows and busting your snow blower when you hit a nice sized chunk?

> Is this some unwriten law by this city that states (Tho shall not have good roads but pay MAJOR road use taxes)?

This has bugged me for the last 20 years of living here. Should I run for city engineer? Bet I could win,,, just promise smooth streets!

Thank you,

Bryan

They'll say something to the affect that the physical year doesn't start till Aug, so they don't have the funds to fix it in the spring cause they spent their budget in the fall to repair the roads that were damaged from last winter. Circle of life...