IGNORED

The ol' 96 royal star ran like a charm

gunkylump

Delivered the old 96 up to Blind River, ON Friday, was an awesome ride. Stopped at Tony's in Birch Run for breakfast, still eating bacon.

It was very, very windy crossing the mighty Mack, had to take my time going across, a wee bit scary with some big gusts pushing me around.

Going to miss the bike, but prepping the sailboat for the winter helped to ease tha pain. It's going to be a long winter.....

No bites on the Venture yet, will have better luck in the spring I'm thinking.

Been following Ponch's recovery....albeit slow but sure. Keep it up David, slay the Goliath that is taking you on, you can beat him!

In the meantime, heading up to Elliot Lake, ON today to visit family, then it's off to do the circle route around Superior, down the east shore of Lake Michigan to home and back to work Monday.

Just a quick update.....

gunk:shock3:

:shock3:

Enjoy the ride Randy. Be safe and stay warm.

Well, tucked the old royal star in, and headed out today in the G-35 for our "CIRCLE TOUR" of Lake Superior. We're currently in White River, ON, the home of Winnie the Pooh, and what was once the coldest town recorded in Canuck history.

Tomorrow, off to Thunder Bay, haunt some touristy type things, maybe Kakabeka Falls, then on Thursday head for the south shore of Gitchee Goomee.

It's been cold, heavy frost last night, but warming up nice during the day. Hit a high of 16 Celsius around Superior today....glad we're in the car.

Poor Beth, still hasn't spotted a moose yet, and this is s'posed to be moose country!

That's it for now...

gunk

Hope you enjoy the boat!! Don't forget us!

Heck no Yammer, no forgetting all our friends here! The boat looks good, a few small issues to deal with in the spring, but it's covered up and ready for winter.

Hope you're dealing with all those storms ok my friend!

I have to do that ride one day.

have a safe trip

Absolutely beautiful part of the country Randy, as pictureseque as it gets. Gas sure is pricey though.....we paid 1.48 per litre for premium today....multiply that by 3.78 and you'll get an American gallon.....ouch!

Make the trip sometime up this way...you won't regret it, or ever forget it.

Hey Gunk

Must have had mixed emotions about leaving the RS behind after all the work you did on it but sounds like it went to a good home. I know you and that bike go back a long way and I'm sure there are many stories you could tell.

I looked at that bike when it was for sale and if it had looked as good as it did when you finished your restoration it wouldn't have been there for you to buy. It would be living in my garage. :)

I know you and Beth will enjoy the boat and hope your retirement plans happen soon. Don't wait too long, we aren't getting any younger.

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Doug

Hey Gunk

Must have had mixed emotions about leaving the RS behind after all the work you did on it but sounds like it went to a good home. I know you and that bike go back a long way and I'm sure there are many stories you could tell.

I looked at that bike when it was for sale and if it had looked as good as it did when you finished your restoration it wouldn't have been there for you to buy. It would be living in my garage. :)

I know you and Beth will enjoy the boat and hope your retirement plans happen soon. Don't wait too long, we aren't getting any younger.

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Doug

Thanks Doug:

Gonna miss the old royal star big time, but I know where it is, and I know I can take it for a spin after a 8 hour ride north

Thanks for the compliments, I like to think it turned out pretty good. Turned a few heads now and then.

I'm gonna ship that rear rack to you when vacation is over....next week some time. You should be able to sell it, possibly even here on this site.

If you hear of anyone searching for an 04 midnite.....mines going with all the spare parts, a $400 drive on lift from Princess Auto, and I'll throw in all the memories and a few stories to go with it.....sure got a few of those.

I've signed up online to learn how to talk like a pirate...lol....next I'm gonna buy a talking pirate, pop an eye out, buy a patch, and then chop off the lower part of one of my legs and a hand.....lose a few more teeth....heck, I'll look just like a biker, but I'll sound different

Take care, hope to catch up with you one of these days and finally get to meet.