IGNORED

Donation Fund for Ponch's Out of Pocket Medical

RSTDdog

I posted this idea in the prayer request thread, but it may get lost or missed there. Even with good insurance, With minimum 30 days in the hospital, out of work, rehabilitation, etc their out of pocket expenses are likley to be huge. I know that Don (Freebird) only does this on a very selective basis, and if I am over stepping my bounds posting this let me know.

If he has a paypal addy using that would be easiest but would not be good to post in open forum perhaps. Anyway, 100 people $100 dollars that's 10 grand, 200 people at $50, that's also 10 grand. That would cover 20% of 50 K medical bill assuming he's got 80/20 coverage(30 days will likley approach exceed 100K) Skip a night out to Carraba's for Ponch. If someone knows Ponch's paypal addy or has another idea to set this up, I'm good for the first $100.00.

Derrek

RSTDdog

Anyone know his paypal addy or if he has one? More importantly does his wife have access? He currently doesn't have any ads running and its not in his profile. I guess posting his paypal addy here would be alright since they had the ones Posted in the open forum for Vogel and Cody. With Freebird's blessing of course.

Derrek

RSTDdog

As much as this gesture touches me personally, I am with Condors comment with waiting. I dont want anyone to take this wrong, but these types of things have come up before. David is insured and has disability through his work (I work with him) I know that Freebird has curtailed money collections for well intended hardships like this.

I am going to lock out this thread until we as moderators talk about it. Please understand that nobody is looked badly upon for wanting to help. I absolutely appreciate your gesture but lets see how everything plays out 1st....

This is Freebird adding to Brad's post. He is 100% correct. Let's wait and see if there is a real need. Let me assure you that if Ponch needs our help, I will be among the first to donate but we should wait to see if it is necessary. I know that we all want to help and do whatever we can but financial assistance is not always needed. If we find out that it is, then you can bet that we will be asking for your help.

Edited by Freebird