IGNORED

FOUND IT!!! After 50 years.

Condor

Back in my yoot I used to work part time in a discount membership store in the sporting goods dept. Kinda like White Front.. K-Mart.. Fedco.. etc. Anyway we used to sell firearms and one of the rifles we stocked was a Mannlicher Schonauer. I fell in love with that rifle. Just married, kid on the way, and working two jobs 80 hours a week to make ends meet, and I just couldn't afford one. Slow forward 50 years... :) In the last few years I'd run into one or two at auction, but they went for big bucks. Finally nailed one down last week. She's a beauty and I can't wait to get'r home.... It's in DOJ limbo for another 7 days. Next monday.. :sign woo hoo:

The way you started your post, I thought you finally found whatever you were looking for in your GARAGE...but then after seeing the photos of your garage.....I knew youmeant something else..:rotf::stickpoke:

The way you started your post, I thought you finally found whatever you were looking for in your GARAGE...but then after seeing the photos of your garage.....I knew youmeant something else..:rotf::stickpoke:

I looked for something in there once... barely made it out alive... :sign20:

Back in my yoot I used to work part time in a discount membership store in the sporting goods dept. Kinda like White Front.. K-Mart.. Fedco.. etc. Anyway we used to sell firearms and one of the rifles we stocked was a Mannlicher Schonauer. I fell in love with that rifle. Just married, kid on the way, and working two jobs 80 hours a week to make ends meet, and I just couldn't afford one. Slow forward 50 years... :) In the last few years I'd run into one or two at auction, but they went for big bucks. Finally nailed one down last week. She's a beauty and I can't wait to get'r home.... It's in DOJ limbo for another 7 days. Next monday.. :sign woo hoo:

Even as anti-gun (mostly) as I am, that is one fine looking piece of engineering.

Enjoy!

Good for you Condor. Soooooo 50 yrs plus 16 - 18 yrs old working two jobs. That puts you around the 70 yr old mark. Glad you found yourself a nice firearm. Being I love them and own several and hunt with them. I appreciate the bow and arrow and love to bow-hunt deer and turkey. I also have my conceal to carry and believe everyone should have them and carry. What caliber is this rifle ? My last rifle purchase was a 17 caliber (Chez). I use it to squirrel hunt with. My last pistol was a Ruger SR 9 ...

Fuzzy

You should have said something about wanting one of these. I have one in my basement gathering dust. Left to me by my grandfather. Would have let you have it cheap.

Just kidding. :smile5: Nice looking weapon. Glad you found it.

RR

Nice looking rifle. Is it .264?

7x57. I am looking for a 264 mag. I have the ammo, but my custom 264 was stolen about 20 years ago.

Think you nailed it Chief.

Verrrrry nice gun, bet it was not as cheap as it was when you worked at the store.

BOO

Actually, this one wasn't much more. I think they used to sell for around $199.00 and I got this one for $240+fees.

Good for you Condor. Soooooo 50 yrs plus 16 - 18 yrs old working two jobs. That puts you around the 70 yr old mark. Glad you found yourself a nice firearm. Being I love them and own several and hunt with them. I appreciate the bow and arrow and love to bow-hunt deer and turkey. I also have my conceal to carry and believe everyone should have them and carry. What caliber is this rifle ? My last rifle purchase was a 17 caliber (Chez). I use it to squirrel hunt with. My last pistol was a Ruger SR 9 ...

Fuzzy

Only 69... I had a not-birthday this year. I liked it so much I might have another one next year..... :whistling:

You should have said something about wanting one of these. I have one in my basement gathering dust. Left to me by my grandfather. Would have let you have it cheap.

Just kidding. :smile5: Nice looking weapon. Glad you found it.

RR

Boy I bit on this one big time... :bang head: :sign20:

Even as anti-gun (mostly) as I am, that is one fine looking piece of engineering.

Enjoy!

why? if you make a polictical statement back it up why couldn't you just said that's a nice piece (which it is)

Edited by Arcs&Sparks
added content

why? if you make a polictical statement back it up why couldn't you just said that's a nice piece (which it is)

Back up!

I made a personal comment, not a political one, and I don't have to explain it to you.

It's a fine looking rifle, and I said so.

Whoa!!! Guys let's not let this thread go south. We all have our political views and opinions, they just don't belong here.... Better to talk about who makes the best Ice Cream.. Dairy Queen or Fosters Freeze??? :)

Whoa!!! Guys let's not let this thread go south. We all have our political views and opinions, they just don't belong here.... Better to talk about who makes the best Ice Cream.. Dairy Queen or Fosters Freeze??? :)

good Idea condor but if I say I'm for something like guns that is political follows if someone is anti- something that is also political same logic in both cases. plus if I ever meet twigg in person I know more than enough already to know I may not hold him in the highest regard

good Idea condor but if I say I'm for something like guns that is political follows if someone is anti- something that is also political same logic in both cases. plus if I ever meet twigg in person I know more than enough already to know I may not hold him in the highest regard

Wow ....

Just .... Wow!

hand dipped Hersey's none better