IGNORED

computer ?

star4772

It should work as a hard drive is nothing more than a storage device, the OS is loaded on the hard drive so it shouldn't matter what OS is loaded. You could also subdivide your hard drive if it was big enough and have selectable OS's I suppose, but I'm not sure.

But what do I know, I'm just the 800 lb Gorilla on the trike...

A friend of mines son is a rep and tech for Apple. He has been splitting systems on Macs and installing the PC OS systems on them so he can run on either side independently. Been doing it for about 5 years now and it does work. I asked one time if it would work the other way, installing the Mac OS on a PC. Said yep, it would BUT it takes him about 5 hours to set up the Mac to run PC OS and a lot longer to do PC OS to the Mac OS.

Sounded like it was a rather complicated operation, well to me anyway. But it sounds like it can be done.

A friend of mines son is a rep and tech for Apple. He has been splitting systems on Macs and installing the PC OS systems on them so he can run on either side independently. Been doing it for about 5 years now and it does work. I asked one time if it would work the other way, installing the Mac OS on a PC. Said yep, it would BUT it takes him about 5 hours to set up the Mac to run PC OS and a lot longer to do PC OS to the Mac OS.

Sounded like it was a rather complicated operation, well to me anyway. But it sounds like it can be done.

That would be really good,now all I need to do is find someone who can do it. Would be cheaper then buying a macbook I think. :scratchchin:

I'll see if I can ahold of of my friend and get a message to his son. Both have moved away and his son is always being transfered around these days. My friend used to crack me up as he doesn't own a computer, (and never will), or a cell phone and his home wouldn't be allowed in the house if it didn't have a cord. He thinks technology is the end of the world as we know it.

And then his son is the total techy and gizmo freak. If I can get ahold of his son I can get some info on how it's done.

I'll see if I can ahold of of my friend and get a message to his son. Both have moved away and his son is always being transfered around these days. My friend used to crack me up as he doesn't own a computer, (and never will), or a cell phone and his home wouldn't be allowed in the house if it didn't have a cord. He thinks technology is the end of the world as we know it.

And then his son is the total techy and gizmo freak. If I can get ahold of his son I can get some info on how it's done.

Hey cool just pm me or post here.

Thanks

Loading MAC OSX on a non-Apple product can be done. Macs are running Intel processors now so the OS is compatible with the cpu. Do a search for 'hackintosh'. You will find many links to accomplishing what you are trying to do. Especially note the computers that have been hacked to operate OSX properly. There are several sites that will give you a list of compatible computers and a break down of the procedure.

:smash2:

Loading MAC OSX on a non-Apple product can be done. Macs are running Intel processors now so the OS is compatible with the cpu. Do a search for 'hackintosh'. You will find many links to accomplishing what you are trying to do. Especially note the computers that have been hacked to operate OSX properly. There are several sites that will give you a list of compatible computers and a break down of the procedure.

:smash2:

Checked out some of that stuff. I don't think I would be inclined to try it on my own. I would rather have someone do it and pay them.

Joe

But.....Why? its gonna hafta be played around with to get it to work, and it might always be buggy running on the Dell hardware......Why not just put windows 7 on, it runs great and uses way less ram and space than Vista.

Brian

I'm running windows 7 now with IE9 just thought it would be cool to have mac on a windows based pc. :whistling::whistling: