IGNORED

Jason Mod question - help please

I downloaded and printed the Jason Mod articles and pictures along with the Blocking off the AIS article and pictures.

I am going to do both of these mods.

My question is, once you do the AIS blocking and then go onto the Jason mod; what do you do with the vacuum hoses from cylinders 2 and 3 once you have spliced in the small 3/16" fuel tubing as shown in the pictures?

Thanking you in advance.

Chris

Thank you,

That will save me a lot of time and effort. I will synch my carbs and see what that does for me.

Chris

Chris... what's happening that you feel you need to plug the AIS and do the Jason mod? Are you getting a lot of "popping" on decel?

Hi SilvrT,

No at least not so far. I have only had one ride on the bike and I had no popping or backfiring. From what I read it sounded like the mod did a number of things.

Quicker throttle response at all RPMs, especially down low

More pull at small throttle openings allowing higher gear usage around town

Better gas mileage

But I think I won't do it, I will just leave it as it is. I enjoyed my 01 without any mods so think I will leave it.

Chris

Hi SilvrT,

No at least not so far. I have only had one ride on the bike and I had no popping or backfiring. From what I read it sounded like the mod did a number of things.

Better gas mileage

But I think I won't do it, I will just leave it as it is. I enjoyed my 01 without any mods so think I will leave it.

Chris

Unless something is wrong with your AIS it is unlikely you will see any of those benefits.

Mike

Hey Chris,

If you are in the mood to tinker with your bike, a fresh set of plugs and a Carb. Sync. would be time and money better spent. Clean the air filters or replace the fuel filter. These are "Quality" projects that will be of more benifit than disconnecting something your bike should have OR hanging a bunch of tubing on ports that don't affect anything.

If you are REALLY dieing to hang some tubing on that Carb. Set of yours, search in the Second Gen. Tech. Section for the write-up that V7GOOSE did on the setting of the Carb. Floats in the RSV/RSTD Carbs. That should pretty much wear you out and your bike will run better to boot.:cool10:

Earl

Guest PlaneCrazy
Hi SilvrT,

Better gas mileage

Chris

I'd recommend you ride the bike a lot more before you decide on any changes. It takes a while to get a "feel" for any new bike.

Also, if you are like me and came from a long line of twins (both V-twin and parallels) the V-4 set up on the RSV takes a bit of adjustment in how you run it. It really likes to rev I find and instead of quickly shifting up to 4th or 5th, like I used to on my Shadows, I find myself winding the RSV out in 3rd or 4th instead.

EDIT: Just re-read your OP and i didn't catch that you may have had an '01 already. Sorry if I misunderstood. Thought this was your first RSV. Still, if it's a newer bike (new to you) then it still takes a while to get a feel for the thing. Every bike acts a little different and you don't know how the previous owner took care of it.

• 11 years later...