IGNORED

I got the ride of my life today!

kj4v

I got to take a ride on a leer like jet today just for the Joy of it!.We flew to Birmingham, Al. then to Nashville,Tn. Then Back to Cartersville, Ga. Topped out at 34,000 ft. Had a leer flying with us too it was very cool to look out and see him off our wing tip. It was one of the best days of my life!:thumbsup:

By the appearance of the light blue center piece (shown in picture #0607) of the steering wheel, it looks like the letters "GA".

If so they stand for Gulfstream Aerospace.

In photo 0615, the winglet that is standing up on the end of the wing was invented by Gulfstream, only to be copied by most all major airliners to date

I was very fortunate to travel for 12 of 15 years for Gulfstream, and I flew on the Gulfstream G1, G2, G2b, G3 and several of the G4s. I have never flown on the G5.

Gulfstream makes the number 1 jet in the world. Lear and Canadiar are both on Gulfstream's heals in technology.

Edited by Eck

That is one sweet ride. I think I know the feeling your talking about, I got to ride in a Kingair twin engine turbo prop. Traveled with the president of the company I was working for. We left Greenville, SC to and made calls in Charlotte, Asheville, then jumped up to Roanoke, VA.

I got to sit in the copilot seat, but I had to promise not to touch anything. What a blast.

:thumbsup:

That's really cool.

I spent 15 years with a company that had a plane and 8 years as the Corporate Quality Manager over four plants in three states. I spent a lot of time on their Piper Cheyenne twin turbo prop and usually always flew in the co-pilot seat and several times took over the controls while at altitude. It was great and I always loved to fly and still wish I had pursued getting a license.

RandyA

Let's talk about a aircraft like that with the word 'Experimental' on the side of it. I thought they were pretty well finished by the time they looked like that.

The FAA requires an airworthiness certificate for every aircraft. An experimental category means it is not certified to be produced. An aircraft company may just leave the experimental certificate on a plane while they continue to do testing for many bits of individual technical programs for future versions of a model. I'm also noticing a line of vortex generators on the wing....hmmm. There are thousands of experimental aircraft built as one off by individuals that remain experimental for the life of the plane.

www.eaa.org

You are right Eck it was a G5, But I wouldn't know the difference. It took off from Phoenix air in Cartersville where I do all the locks and doors. The ride was arranged by the GM, but I have worked with several others there. It was an absolute rush! to be set back in a seat like it did. Some one also suggested doing a google on the leer plane number and what a history it has too. I had no idea. It has one up on the Venture but may be considered a little out of that league.

That is one sweet ride. I think I know the feeling your talking about, I got to ride in a Kingair twin engine turbo prop. Traveled with the president of the company I was working for. We left Greenville, SC to and made calls in Charlotte, Asheville, then jumped up to Roanoke, VA.

I got to sit in the copilot seat, but I had to promise not to touch anything. What a blast.

:thumbsup:

A company I used to work for a few years back had a Kingair like you describe I got to co-pilot it on numerouse trips all around the country. One year the owner shipped all the bikes down to Daytona for bike week on a tractor trailer truck and we flew the plane down there to meet it. At the time I didn't own a bike so the owner bought a Harley for me to ride just for that trip then sold it when we got back. When we got tired of Daytona we sent the bikes back to Atlanta on the truck then flew the plane down to Key West for another week in the sun. When that was over we flew back to Atlanta and dropped every one off and picked up my crew Then flew to Fairbanks, Alaska for a work project.

It was a trip being in Key West, Florida on one day and in Fairbanks, Alaska the next.

• 7 years later...

Kind of makes me wonder if anything has topped that day in the time since he posted?That is awesome! Private Aviation is a whole nother world!

Just prior to Desert Storm, I worked for a publisher in Lincoln and I designed and implemented a publication for advertising turboprop and jet aircraft for private and corporate owners. It was called the executive controller. My territory covered Texas Kansas and Oklahoma which are major aircraft industry state. I'm very proud of the fact that that magazine changed advertising methodology of an industry! Within 9 months of our initial publication date, our subscriptions and distribution and advertising Revenue surpassed that of the dominant advertising publication for the previous 35 years. (AC Flyer by McGraw Hill) Within 9 months of its inception we were the top publication to advertise high dollar aircraft.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by s.tyler58