IGNORED

On a happier note!!!

Mel

Boy, am I lucky!!! No surgery, not buried by snow, AND tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new used 2007 RSV. Boy, am I lucky!!! Rode a 1984 VR until 2004, have been on a VSTAR 650 since then. I can hardly wait to get those 4 cylinders going under me again. Boy, am I lucky!!! Lots of things different on the RSV, but also lots of the same with the power, smoothness and the feeling of wanting to ride from sunup to sunset. Boy am I lucky!!! Temp. here in Indy is supposed to be around 50 degrees F tomorrow PM. Boy, am I lucky!!! :)

I am hoping that the weather holds for you. You shouldnt delay picking it up as there is a huge Colorado low pushing lots of snow and rain and cold weather here and its headed southeast from me. THey have almost closed down hiways and travel is highly discouraged. They are predicting 10 inches by tomorrow, so I am really hoping it holds off for you until you get your bike home.

Brian

:snow2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:We all wish you well, and congrats on the health visit.

Here on the Eastern Slopes of CO Rockies it looks as if the Rockies will hold this one off from us with only a sprinkle, if at all. So it is heading S, S-E. Get the bike while you can, ...

and then post us some Pix of it in the drive way with you shoveling snow. LOL.

:happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::innocent::nanner::clap2::clap2::clap2:

• 4 years later...
Boy, am I lucky!!! No surgery, not buried by snow, AND tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new used 2007 RSV. Boy, am I lucky!!! Rode a 1984 VR until 2004, have been on a VSTAR 650 since then. I can hardly wait to get those 4 cylinders going under me again. Boy, am I lucky!!! Lots of things different on the RSV, but also lots of the same with the power, smoothness and the feeling of wanting to ride from sunup to sunset. Boy am I lucky!!! Temp. here in Indy is supposed to be around 50 degrees F tomorrow PM. Boy, am I lucky!!! :)
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU IT HURTS AND I DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOU. BUT HOW CAN YOU LOSE OUT ON BEING HAPPY. HAPPY. jIM

Now THATS what I'm talking about!!! Good on ya Mel!! Ol Pucster is gonna be watching very closely for a ride comparison report between your ol 1st Genny and your new one,, and pictures of course!!

CONGRATS TO YA MEL!!!

Puc

Boy, am I lucky!!! No surgery, not buried by snow, AND tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new used 2007 RSV. Boy, am I lucky!!! Rode a 1984 VR until 2004, have been on a VSTAR 650 since then. I can hardly wait to get those 4 cylinders going under me again. Boy, am I lucky!!! Lots of things different on the RSV, but also lots of the same with the power, smoothness and the feeling of wanting to ride from sunup to sunset. Boy am I lucky!!! Temp. here in Indy is supposed to be around 50 degrees F tomorrow PM. Boy, am I lucky!!!

Boy you are lucky, and it sure is special to hear a guy think that way. What makes it even more special is that you are sharing your feeling of luck with us and another new-to-you Venture is involved. Enjoy!

Thanks to Bongobob, we now know this thread is four years old. However, I still like the sentiment "On a Happier Note", and I will add a "Happy Note" experience that happened to me today.

Finally the forecast is for a few days above freezing around here. So, I went down to my storage locker to get my battery charger to charge up the battery on each of my 1st gens. They have been parked all winter in underground parking where it isn't heated, but never freezes. While I own at least 5 chargers, not one was to be found in my locker (they all must be at my shop at my cottage). Instead, I found the key fob to my van that I lost last fall and was just about to replace at a cost of almost $300. It was in some storage bins where I keep some motorcycle stuff. Decided to see if I could fire up the bikes anyway. To my pleasant surprise, there was some juice left in the batteries and both bikes fired up right away. They sure sounded good together in the underground parking garage.

So, if the weatherman if right with his temperature forecast (high 30's) but wrong with his morning snow flurry forecast, I will enjoy my first ride of the season tomorrow.

Uhhh, guys, this thread is from 2010, four years old...

Bongo,, You ever watch "Money Pit" starring Tom Hanks?? Remember when the bathtub fell thru the floor and he started laughing?? That is exactly how I felt when I read your post here and realized I had been had again,,,,,, for about the umpteenth time this winter:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Freekin cabin fever is getting me BIG TIME:backinmyday: