IGNORED

RSTD Stock Exhaust

kingtut

Seeking a new-looking exhaust pipes for my '06 RSTD. Hopefully inexpensive. If you've replaced yours and and just want to get rid of the stock mufflers, I'll be glad to pay for the shipping to WA. The RSTD I bought came with aftermarket pipes and I prefer the quieter stock ones.

Question: I'm assuming that when the previous owner put on aftermarket pipes he had to have the carbs re-jetted, yes? I also assume that this means if I put stock pipes back on that I have to have the carbs re-jetted back to the stock settings, yes?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

I have a set off of a 05 RSTD..should fit. You may not have to rejet unless the previous owner told you he did. I added the Khrome Werks with turn down tips and I didn't rejet and the bike runs fine. Make an offer and save the shipping, I might be able to meet you half way or so. I live on Camano Island, 50 north of Seattle. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the stock pipes. They should be in pretty good shape just need a good cleaning. My bike had a total of 3000 miles on it when I changed out exhausts. I noticed your a trial member. With the savings in shipping spend the $12 and become a member of the site. Well worth the money for sure.

:rudolf:

silverdeer

Edited by silverdeer0454

Thanks for the reply. I just need to check out for sure than they'll fit an '06. If so, I think you probably have a buyer. I really don't know what a reasonable offer would be . . . haven't checked the new price, plus how much they would depreciate with 3K miles on them. I can't afford a whole bunch since I'm stretching my billfold to pay for the RSTD itself. I'll check out the fitment and hopefully you can get back to me with what would be an acceptable price. Thanks again.

ps I'm definitely going to join the forum. It's proven valuable in several ways already.

Randy

Chehalis, WA . . . not too far to ship

kingtut13@qwestoffice.net

I have a set off of a 05 RSTD..should fit. You may not have to rejet unless the previous owner told you he did. I added the Khrome Werks with turn down tips and I didn't rejet and the bike runs fine. Make an offer and save the shipping, I might be able to meet you half way or so. I live on Camano Island, 50 north of Seattle. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the stock pipes. They should be in pretty good shape just need a good cleaning. My bike had a total of 3000 miles on it when I changed out exhausts. I noticed your a trial member. With the savings in shipping spend the $12 and become a member of the site. Well worth the money for sure.

silverdeer

One one other question: are the stock pipes reasonably quiet? I'm not partial to the deep, loud rumble that Harley riders seem to covet.

Yes the stockers from any model '05 and up will fit any other year '05 and up, no change in these bikes except for colors and chrome fork legs.

As far as the sound, the stockers are VERY quiet, you hardly hear the engine at speed unless you have the whine/chirp,scream or what ever some folks complain about.:Im not listening to

I'm not going to get involved in your pricing agreement except to say, if you were to but them brand new from Yamaha, you would probably passout from sticker shock:mo money:.

Those pipes are rediculously priced.

By the way, welcome to the sight. Glad to have you aboard.

Yes the stockers from any model '05 and up will fit any other year '05 and up, no change in these bikes except for colors and chrome fork legs.

As far as the sound, the stockers are VERY quiet, you hardly hear the engine at speed unless you have the whine/chirp,scream or what ever some folks complain about.:Im not listening to

I'm not going to get involved in your pricing agreement except to say, if you were to but them brand new from Yamaha, you would probably passout from sticker shock:mo money:.

Those pipes are ridiculously priced.

By the way, welcome to the sight. Glad to have you aboard.

WOW!!! I just did a search and you are right. Here's the average from 4 different sites.

$408.00 EACH! I was looking for around a $150.00 for BOTH and I would meet kingtut near Olympia sometime next week to hand em over.

BTW: I'll be at the Mariner's game Friday night vs Texas Rangers in the 300 view box area incase any other members will be there. I'll buy the first round of liquid refreshments. My cell phone # is on the "About Me" page. Call me if anyone is going to the game

silverdeer

Edited by silverdeer0454

This forum has already proved that its worth its weight in gold. Not only have I had a lot of very helpful counsel regarding my new RSTD, but I got to meet a super guy in the form of silverdeer0454. He came up with exactly the pipes I was looking for, and added the benefit of his fine company over breakfast as the transfer was made.

I know a lot of you out there like loud pipes, but I wish to maintain the goodwill of my neighbors . . . plus whatever is left of my USMC-damaged (I was in demolitions) hearing. My fellow citizens now smile as I go buy, no doubt at the beauty of both the bike and the muffled sound.

Thanks, Silverdeer. Hope we can put on a few miles together one of these days.

Kingtut

Hey Randy,

Thank You for the kind words, the pleasure was all mine. I have made another friend thanks to Venture Riders. Breakfast was good but the Atkins diet has it's drawbacks! I'll be happy when I get to my target weight! :rolleyes:

Glad the mufflers are what you were looking for and your right about taking some rides around the great PNW. We need to get the west coast as active as the "no-coasters" and east coasters because we certainly have some great scenery out here, can you say "Mt Saint Helens, Mt Rainier, Columbia River Valley, Leavenworth, Lake Chelan"...hmm makes me want to ride!

Once again Thanks and I really enjoyed our conversation over breakfast.

silverdeer

AKA - Larry D

Silverdeer . . . with the rains close at hand we'll probably have to wait until Spring. But there's a great circle ride around Mt. St. Helen's on some made-for-motorcycles roads with a connection back to I-5 at a restaurant known nationally for its pies. By Spring you should be laughing with Dr. Atkins. Let's touch base then.

• 3 years later...