IGNORED

Center stand! I got mine!

IronMike

In the form of a Spanking New Kawasaki Concours 14

Kind of reminds me of a first Gen Venture if it was built today. 152 HP, ABS, Traction Control, Adjustable Riding and brake modes, Gas saver Mode, Adjustable Shocks, Heated grips, On the fly adjustable Windscreen, gazillion other things And something I always wanted on the Venture, a Center stand.

My Venture is gone. When I bought this puppy they gave me more on it than anyone could ever get a loan for on an 08, my dealer offered me $500 more in cash, So I guess my bike was all I said it was, it's just no one really can get their hands on money now a days. I paid cold Hard Cash for my Connie, same as I did for my Venture. This si my second New Bike, I hate buying new bikes, you now they whole process of Seat, Tires, Risers, Hitch, Trunk, USB outlets, Cup holder, Horn, and the endless list goes on!

I will raid the shop when the weather gets warm enough and list a Junkload of Venture things for sale. I hope I can still drop in on the Maintenance day.

Man that was a comfortable bike! And I hear they will be coming out with a revamp!

Kind of reminds me of a first Gen Venture if it was built today. 152 HP, ABS, Traction Control, Adjustable Riding and brake modes, Gas saver Mode, Adjustable Shocks, Heated grips, On the fly adjustable Windscreen, gazillion other things And something I always wanted on the Venture, a Center stand.

Nice color! And bike! But does it have electronic cruise control? And where is the trunk and passenger backrest? Intercom? CB? AM/FM? Cassette?

It does not have cruise control. Looking forward to revamp (supposed to have it) as the Connie is one fine ride. An absolute rocket ship.

Beautiful color you have there IronMike. Like it.

RR

Hey RR,, what is a "revamp"?

TOTAL Add ons $7,510.00 (Explained Below) And from proven and known recipe devised from Concord Owners.

Sorry it took so long to reply, That was a busy day off buying the bike.

Ill try to Answer all questions. First off, it you watch shootouts from Motorcycle Magazines around the world the Connie seems to always hang in there or win, and it's compared to a much more expensive BMW 1600 and Usually the FJR 1300. On the FJR side, I have heard from several people who rode both and they prefer the Connie. Thats why I landed on it. Trust me when I say I could have gotten a great deal on a FJ. To be Frank, I bought a Tag Along and a Camper and I really was looking to get into ABS Linked Braking system. THIS has it PLUS traction control! SOLD!

The Connie did gets it's makeover for 2015 And I waited for it, to either get a new revamped one or a GREAT deal on a 2010 to 2014. The latter happened. They did not change much. On Line experts were disappointed it STILL DOES NOT HAVE Cruise Control! Me, I can care less. I drive over 750 miles a day for the last 30 years and maybe 10 miles of that was on cruise control. I never used it on the Venture. I personally think it's dangerous to use. I feel out of control with it on.

Last summer, I rode with the Concours Owners Group (COG) most of the summer. They were impressed with how I handled my Venture but I always noticed I was braking in the curves more than them just slowing down my heavy bike. And that's when I wanted a Connie. But A wing was more my seating position. I trashed the Wing idea when I googled Gold wing problems. Cracked Frames, Failing Radiators and ECM's are things I don't need on Vacation. Back to the Connie.

The Concours CAN be made old man rideable. As with any new bike the list of MOds is long and expensive. About $4K more dollars and I will have it like most of them end up. Here is my Mod grovery list.

Corbin or Sergent seat with Heat and Backrest. $1000

Corbin Smuggler Trunk with Backrest. $ 900

HeliBars Adj. Handlebars $ 700

F&R footpeg Lowering brackets $ 160

Canyon Cages Crash Bars Bag protectors $ 500

V Stream Windscreen $ 200

Hand Guards (Wind rain Protection) $ 80

Fuze Block (Check that on net its cool!) $ 80

Upgrade tail lamp $ 40\

HID light kit $ 165

Tank Protector $ 75

Gerbing Duel Heater control $120

Australian Hitch and Wire harness $700 (I kid you not Outdoor outfiters.)

Upgrade Luggage rack $160

GiVi 55 Top Case (Trunk) $500 (with Pads and liner)

Fender Extender and Radiator Guard $150

Bearing Shiftier upgrade $ 21

Dual Stebel Horns $ 70

Kickstand Shoe $ 40

Cover for bike $ 50

Saddle bag liners $100

Cruise control Murphy's kit NOT buying $400 (its a bolt on)

Exhaust Power Commander and Header

NOT BUYING $1500

So when I omit the Smuggler, the Exhaust Mod and the Cruise, I am looking at like $4500.00 in add on's for a ready to ride cross country bike. The Heli Bars, and the seat plus the lowered peggs ALL are about comfort. Can't do without especially after getting off that Venture seat! The ONLY seat on a bike I never needed to replace!

Lots of other things go on not on the list but that I already have, USB ports, Ram Mounts for Go Pros and GPS's, Phone mounts, Cup holders, Lots of lighting,

It may sound like a lot, But it still gets me into the BMW range performance wise with way less cost finished product and much less required Maint and lifetime expense. Besides, the BMW guys also have a list! LOL

I am using the Senna 20 Communications system for earth shaking Music and communications, it ties in with my phone and my GPS PLUS I can talk bike to bike, even strangers I am passing who have the same thing, for $500 a Pair. Ive used them on the Venture while riding with the COG. They did not have Edsets or CB.

BUT I got about 6K off the MSRP of this bike, it's new with 3 year warranty and they have VERY few problems. Like the venture crowd, it's a Cult like following!

I won't have time for a Classified, but as a sneak peek of my for sale leftovers of the top of my head I have

Everything Leftover from a Trike conversion 2008 style. Bags, Fender, Rear Diff, Lights, Axle and rear wheel with a good darkside tire on it.

Whatever the best Edsets system they have, One is brand new in package!

Carbon One, Jack Adapter with Legs, Lower Supports, Two Skid plates/

Factory tank Cover, I put on a Leather one and it went with the bike!

The Red reflectors for the Bag guards.

Lots of Misc stuff too small to list.

And Freebird get the Sync tool back for the Maint day! I have FI!

Nice color! And bike! But does it have electronic cruise control? And where is the trunk and passenger backrest? Intercom? CB? AM/FM? Cassette?

Hey I answered a lot of this above. But I don't use Cruise, yet it is a bolt on available. The Backrest comes with the Corbin seat. The Trunk is a Givi 55 And last year I owned the Venture I only used the Senna 20's For intercom And music with ear buds. Sounds way better, no noise. Plus it hooks into GPS and Phone PLUS a bunch of other riders, you can even link in with strangers you pass on the fly with a few taps. It has Am Fm, and I have a small CB that hooks into it I use the extra Senna Mic. Im not going to miss the Venture at all. From the moment I start the FI engine.

Sounds like you have good plans together to make your new Connie 'all yours'.

If I might make a suggestion - You have budgeted $1000 for a Corbin/Sargent seat. For that money you can get a customized Russell Day Long saddle with heat and backrest. It will be a seat customized to YOU, and not just a more comfortable version of a stock seat. It is the seat of choice for all the Long Distance guys (me included) and is the most comfortable seat on the market. Custom Motorcycle Seats and Touring Saddles - "Day-Long" Touring Saddles and Motorcycle Seats by Russell Cycle Products

RR