IGNORED

best mom& pop cafe/restaurant youve ever been to?

jet3279

just wondering what the best meal you guys have ever had and where it came from?? and im not talking chain food restaurants, just small private places.

mine was ribs at the up north café in pillager mn. best fall off the bone ribs ive ever had! Go-

Best place I've been to is Nina's Bistro ... best ribs you can find anywhere ... chef's name is SilvrT .... :dancefool: :Laugh:

That is really ironic, Tip and I were looking at pathways for CTFWing up to Laska and were just talking about passing thru a town called "Surrey" out in B.C.:big-grin-emoticon::fatsmiley:

The "Top Spot" in Cedar City Utah!!!

The "Laguna Burger" a couple west of Albuquerque!!

20140609_225038.jpg

20140607_142726.jpg

That is really ironic, Tip and I were looking at pathways for CTFWing up to Laska and were just talking about passing thru a town called "Surrey" out in B.C.

Well then it's settled ... you will HAVE TO stop over at our house and I'll serve you up a mess 'o my famous ribs!

Maybe by then I will have that document ready for you LOL

Gotta agree with cowpuc. Live 20 miles East of Albuquerque and make a Laguna stop every couple weeks in the winter when we ride, and a

weekly stop during the summer during evening rides. The Laguna Burger is the best for $6.99 you get the 1/2 pounder with everything cheese and

the best green chile, fries and a 20oz. drink. Matter of fact all there food is great and you wouldn't know it being in a Kicks Quick Stop. Have been going there for years, the dining area used to have 4 tables, last year they expanded to 14 tables and added a patio area that seats 20+.

Gotta agree with cowpuc. Live 20 miles East of Albuquerque and make a Laguna stop every couple weeks in the winter when we ride, and a

weekly stop during the summer during evening rides. The Laguna Burger is the best for $6.99 you get the 1/2 pounder with everything cheese and

the best green chile, fries and a 20oz. drink. Matter of fact all there food is great and you wouldn't know it being in a Kicks Quick Stop. Have been going there for years, the dining area used to have 4 tables, last year they expanded to 14 tables and added a patio area that seats 20+.

THAT is awesome Shamue!! Do me a favor will ya, take a quick look at this vid, go out to 1:27, thats where I shake hands with and thank the local guy who told us about this place.. He and his wife were also on a bike, we talked for quite a while with them in the parking lot.. Wonder if you know him,, never know cause it is a small world!!

I like fish 'n chips, and the absolute bestest I've ever had is at a little mom & pop called Sea J's in Port Townsend WA USA. I eat there once a year on my annual pilgrimage to that little town, and the food is always as good as the last time. Their fish is fresh, caught right off the coast a few miles offshore from town. Awesome milk shakes as well, served right in the SS mixing cup.........mmmmm just thinking about it is making me drool. And, their prices are cheeeeeeep compared to the big city.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Has to be Nite Owl.

It is a 50s ice cream stand that has great Wisconsin ice cream. AND also makes the best butter burgers available.

These are the kind of butter burgers that are fried in REAL Wisconsin butter, they are so juicy that there will be butter dripping off of both elbows while you eat them.

just wondering what the best meal you guys have ever had and where it came from?? and im not talking chain food restaurants, just small private places.

mine was ribs at the up north café in pillager mn. best fall off the bone ribs ive ever had! Go-

dude you where up in my old neck of the woods I lived in brainerd for many years and yep that place in pillager was good.

Hmm Ice Cream probably has to be the Jackson Dairy in Jackson Mi. An unuaual mom n pop was in Franklin NC. On the side of this gas station was a little French restraunt. You would never know its there and had nice atmosphere inside, but not to ritizy ditzy fancy.

Wall Drive-In at the foot of the Ohio River bridge on Hwy 66 in Cannellton Indiana is a favorite stop of mine. Great burgers and ice cream, and a nice leisurely ride on to Corydon from there. You could always wait on the ice cream and stop at Culvers in Corydon for some frozen custard. For a sit-down meal then you gotta go to Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro Ky.

Theres a JoDeans in Yankton SD that serves all you can eat crab and shrimp and other kinds of seafood for a really fair price! Being that its in south dakota, I dont know how good the seafood is, but its only about 20 bucks for all you can eat. Not only do they have Crab and Shrimp they usually have something odd like shark, and they also include fresh steaks and fresh roast, rocky mountain oysters and many other delicious food. Just make sure you go on a Friday or Saturday!

El Sibonay In Key West off the beaten path on Catherine St close to St. Mary Star of the Sea Basilica. Most of time not a lot of touristas. It is food, crews, family from longtime KW Cubano Restaraunts like La Lechonera (The Pig) and El Cascique (both long gone).

Also, Pepe's Cafe "down on Caroline Street" (Jimmy Buffett)

I found a little hole in the wall place about 4 years ago in Pottawatomie county Oklahoma at 9A and I-40, east of Oklahoma City.

Appeared to have been a truck stop and diner at one time.

A gentleman named Dan from one of the local tribes rented the restaurant section and he made, by far, the "Best Chicken Fried Steak", mashed potatoes, and country gravy I have ever had.

It may be hard to believe but this place even beat Clanton's in Vinita OK for their CFS.

Don't know if it is still there but my next ride into OK I'm planning to find out.

Gotta love those small mom and pop places

I am always staying away from chains and looking for where the locals eat

Why don't some or all of you add these places you have been raving about to our restaurant review forum...

We were down in Athens Ohio during the summer Oh Betty's hot dogs on state street has some great dogs

Down in Bidwell Ohio -- The Wounded Goose is a small family place with good food and friendly service

Canal Winchester Ohio is the Marcy Diner good food great service

OH MAN I forgot all about Meers. Then got me to thinking about The Old Plantation Inn @ Medicne Park Ok outside Lawton. They use to have some of the best steaks and rolls.. mmmmmm The place in Franklin was Caff'e Rel

That is really ironic, Tip and I were looking at pathways for CTFWing up to Laska and were just talking about passing thru a town called "Surrey" out in B.C.:big-grin-emoticon::fatsmiley:

The "Top Spot" in Cedar City Utah!!!

The "Laguna Burger" a couple west of Albuquerque!!

Love the Top Spot. Eat there when ever I an down in Cedar

Oark General Store in Oark, Arkansas. Wife and I showed up around lunch on one our trips. Walked in, Cook line and groceries to the left and Dry Goods to the right. Seating for eating in the center of the store. We ordered our food and a dude sat down in the center of the store with a banjo and started strumming out Flatt and Scruggs while his daughter(about 8) danced around him. At that point, my wife looked at me and asked "Where did you find this place?". The food was good, but the atmosphere really made it an experience I will never forget(and I am not an atmosphere guy). Really topped off that venture into Arkansas!

dude you where up in my old neck of the woods I lived in brainerd for many years and yep that place in pillager was good.

Im 45 minutes away. this was a few years ago, but I used to ride by it all the time. i stopped there once and they were on special. pretty darn good.

Im 45 minutes away. this was a few years ago, but I used to ride by it all the time. i stopped there once and they were on special. pretty darn good.

you near motley? there use to be a café up there cant recall the name now. had one heck of a half pound burger and a 3 pound one if you ate it all you got it for free. you had I think 25 minutes to eat it though?

30 years ago I used to work with a David Salas and the person you were talking to looks like it could be a son.

The David Salas I know owns an HD dresser and rides with a group called Los Carnales La Famila.

Usually see David at the cancer runs or toy runs. I will ask him if he has a son / same name. Might be.