IGNORED

New bike time

Ride2much

It's time, My "86" may be up for sale.. I keep reading on this site that Yamaha has not, nor will not upgrade the RSV. Is there any hope on the horizon,for a bigger power plant,updated audio,bells and whistles etc.. I sat on a new Indian Roadmaster and fired it up..wow.. 111 cu inches and every creature comfort I would ever want. Do I keep waiting for the RSV of my dreams or...

They can have my 1st Gen Venture named Tweeks when they can pull her from my worn out old fingers..

Seriously Ride2much,, I totally get your point.. Those Indians are GORGEOUS and there aint no one that I know of that will argue the point that mother Yamaha has turned her back on us.. IMHO, and that is all it is - OPINION,, I really dont think we are gonna see the V-4 platform return in a touring bike.. I look at that AWESOME V-Max 1700 and how it has been relatively poor in sales and I just cant see Yamaha using it... I have hunch, based on Harley's V-Twin dominance, that the future in Yamaha touring is gonna be around a V-Twin - maybe the 1900 Strat platform.. Maybe something in that line will be upon us soon if your interested..

Now, about the Indians, I LOVE EM TOO!! Long before you buy one you owe it to yourself to spend a couple days at their demo's.. Go early on a Friday (even take a day off work if you have to - its worth it to not have to deal with the crowds and be able to ride all day) and, even if you have to ride different models than the Roadmaster - RIDE EM!! The only way you can really know if the motor fits your needs is to try em out! They all have the same 111 (except the new Scout) so, even if you have to ride different models at least you can get a feel for the engines power delivery, vibrations and possible hot spots on your body..

Another thing that comes to mind with Indian is something we have talked about a little around here lately.. That is the fairly small number of Indian dealerships there are throughout the country.. Brand new bikes arent suppose to break but, as we all know, they are just machines and breakdowns do happen.. If you travel cross country as much as your name implies, ya might wanna consider what I am saying.. I am consumed with this bike passion much like you, I followed the new Indian from beginning and was hoping that because it was Polaris who picked up the name, it meant that any Polaris equipment dealer could at least source parts and do some repair work in a pinch.. My understanding is it doesnt work that way. A Polaris Victory dealer cannot help a Polaris Indian rider with his broken bike or vice versa. It might be worth some digging to find out whether or not what I have been told is true - especially if your serious about buying one and riding long distance on it...

Might also not be a bad idea to become a member at an Indian forum and snoop around some.. See if there have been any issues and if there have been, find out how Polaris did with warranty work..

Dont get me wrong,, I LOVE the bikes and LOVE what I see in the engine design but their prices pretty much match HD and one doesnt have to travel many miles to discover that Harley shops are like Star Bucks - when da HD breaks,, seems like there is shop within 2 miles (just saying this to make a point)..

If you do get one, PLEASE dont forget about :photographing:'s,, lots and lots of :photographing:'s for your family who will still be here for you!!!

Puc

DSCN2548.jpg

I've ridden them too. Get the Indian Roadmaster, closest bike to the RSV. Lastest everything, no carb sync, no valve adj. Does take premium high octane gas. You're wasting time waiting, not getting any younger. If I ever had to replace my RSV it would be with an Indian Roadmaster. Only problem is you have to "order one", reserve it. They can't keep them on the showroom floor.

Just run across this looking at Indian in Sturgis, they have an 06 RSMV for $4500. They also have 2 Roadmasters in stock according to their website. Look them up, it can't be all that far from Idaho. The new place up there is pretty nice. I am 150 miles from Sturgis, so I get up there several times in the summer. Hope you find a bike soon, they say spring is just around the corner. See ya. :fingers crossed: