IGNORED

Possible trip to Yellowknife Northwest Territories.

sarges46

Marilyn has a cousin getting married in Yellowknife this summer. Is it feasible on the bikes?

Rick, I lived there for 18 years and have travelled the road a few times! Paved all the way but expect potholes and frost heaves. Do your road trip planning right and you won't have a problem. I would carry extra fuel as you don't want to be stranded along the highway with only the horseflies to keep you company. You'll enjoy the near 24 hour daylight at that time of year. Yellowknife has a pretty active m/c community and I'm pretty sure they have a Yamaha dealership there. Enjoy your trip. Doug

WOW,, I just googled that area and HOLY PERFECT AREA FOR ENDLESS CTFWing BAT MAN!! You KNOW that I am DRUELING at just the thought of such a thing!! Gooooo get em Sarges!!!

And, ahhh yea,, ya best not be reporting back here WITHOUT lots and lots of :photographing:'s!! Anyone who has been around this joint as long as you have could never get away with violating those forum rules!! :thumbsup:

Edited by cowpuc
because I oopppsss and wrote "with" and meant to say "without" - changes the message BIGTIME!!!

What brings one to Yellowknife for 18 years?

A promotion, paycheque and the lure of the North. Intended to stay for 3 years only until our oldest son graduated and like so many others in the same situation, stayed much longer. Wouldn't have traded that experience for anything.

• 3 months later...
Guest divey
Marilyn has a cousin getting married in Yellowknife this summer. Is it feasible on the bikes?

Are you still planning on riding up Rick? Doug

That is one place I have always wanted to visit. A school mate of mine has lived up there for the past 50+years and he would never consider returning to "civilization". His brother also pulled a 5 year stint there with the pony soldiers (RCMP).

Hope it works out for you and you get to make the tip. Will be waiting to see the photos at the (shameless plug here) Pork in the Pines 10 year reunion.....

Guest divey
That is one place I have always wanted to visit. A school mate of mine has lived up there for the past 50+years and he would never consider returning to "civilization". His brother also pulled a 5 year stint there with the pony soldiers (RCMP).

Hope it works out for you and you get to make the tip. Will be waiting to see the photos at the (shameless plug here) Pork in the Pines 10 year reunion.....

Russ, I email back and forth regularly with J.R.H. (Jim) although I'm pretty sure he spent a lot more than 5 years there. Glad to see you're back to the land of the living Russ. Doug

• 1 month later...
Are you still planning on riding up Rick? Doug

Yes we are. Trip has been off and back on a couple of times but now is a go. Going to be leaving the camper in Edmonton though due to fuel concerns. Come back picking it up and then heading into the Yukon and Alaska. Many fast miles to make. We'll see how far north and west we get. Yellowknife for sure.

Guest divey
Yes we are. Trip has been off and back on a couple of times but now is a go. Going to be leaving the camper in Edmonton though due to fuel concerns. Come back picking it up and then heading into the Yukon and Alaska. Many fast miles to make. We'll see how far north and west we get. Yellowknife for sure.

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy the experience. Having to come back all the way to Edmonton to pick up your trailer is a lot of extra miles as I'm assuming you'll take the highway north up through Dawson Creek. Too bad you couldn't leave it with someone around Peace River or Grande Prairie. Don't know if we have any members in those areas but worth a shot to see if they'd store it for you. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure. Doug

AWWWWWESOMMME!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But,, now that its warmed up enough to actually ride a motorcycle I am really really really :sign green with env

WISHING YOU ONE FANTASTIC AND WONDERFUL RIDE UP THERE AND BACK RICK!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: