IGNORED

Carb Sync

Edbo

I hope you didn't order one of those. It only has two hoses and you need a meter that has four hoses to sync the carbs on a 1st or 2nd gen............

When you get the correct meter and need some help, give me a shout and Ill ride over and help you.

Couldnt he do the left 2 together. Then the right two. Then back left back right and then front left front right. I know you can only adjust the left and right banks together. But if you already ordered it you can still use it to double check right?

Couldnt he do the left 2 together. Then the right two. Then back left back right and then front left front right. I know you can only adjust the left and right banks together. But if you already ordered it you can still use it to double check right?

I was reading on line about how to sync the carbs and that is how they said to do it. 1 and 2 together then 3.and 4 together then do left bank to right bank together. That's why I ordered it. i like digital stuff but the one in the thread above is not on market yet. Would probably get one when it does. You can get an adapter that has four hoses to hook to it but was going to try this first.

I hope you didn't order one of those. It only has two hoses and you need a meter that has four hoses to sync the carbs on a 1st or 2nd gen............

When you get the correct meter and need some help, give me a shout and Ill ride over and help you.

Thank you for the offer. I had already thought about getting you to help me thru the first time I sync my carbs. I will give you a call if I have a question about it.

OK I did the carb sync on my bike last night with the new carb mate that I posted about. I have never done this before so it was a learning experience for me. It was not as hard as I was making it out to be. I synced the 1 and 2 together then 3and 4 together, and neither one was out much but then when I synced 2 and 3 together it was out more than I expected. But after getting them adjusted I went thru and checked it all again and it showed to be good. I could tell it was running better but this afternoon I took it out for a test ride and I must say I was amazed at the difference it made, so much more pickup than before. So I do believe this carb sync machine does its job and it's very easy to use. :Venture:

Or for $25 or less depending on whether or not you buy all new material or scavenge material you can do like I did and build something like this. and it works great. FYI it requires no restriction orifices because you dampen pulsations by adjusting the shut off valve connected the cylinder you are checking, the remaining three you leave closed. Plus by using one gauge you do nat have to worry whether or not he gauges are accurately matched. BTW in the pictures I show clear hose I have since switched to black vacuum hose because the clear hose tends to collapse.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31123&stc=1&d=1243961507

attachment.php?attachmentid=31124&stc=1&d=1243961507