IGNORED

Any good Miata sites?

Venturous Randy

For several years now I have been looking at used Miata's but unless someone wanted a war pension for them, they were usually pretty ragged out. Today, Linda and I found one locally for a good price and took a look at it and it looked a lot better than I expected. The guy that had it had just gotten it from his mother who has had it for the last five years. It looks totally unmolested. He said the timing belt had been changed about 20,000 miles ago and it had a new alternator and battery. The interior and the top looked to be in very good condition.

The two things I am not real crazy about is it is white, but the paint is in very good condition and it is an automatic, which Linda wanted because she says she could never learn how to drive a stick. We took it for a short ride and it seemed to be very solid. The engine was quiet and the trans shifted nice and firm. I did smell the trans fluid before I started it and it smelled good.

My hope is to upgrade the wheels and tires as it still has the stock ones and I want to add a trailer hitch so I can pull the Time Out camper behind it. With all the upgrades I am doing to my bike and getting this and being retired, I am really looking for spring.

I can not post any pictures yet as I have not picked it up and he has not officially gotten the title yet, as it is in the mail where he transferred it over from his mother.

I know I will never find another website like this one, but if any of you have any good suggestions, let me know.

RandyA

Cool. I have to admit; at first glance I thought you were looking for Mafia websites!

It may sound counter-intuitive but one good thing about white cars is they are among the easiest to keep clean looking. They just don't show the grime the way dark colors do! I have a white van and a silver grand prix, we never have to wash them! :)

It may sound counter-intuitive but one good thing about white cars is they are among the easiest to keep clean looking. They just don't show the grime the way dark colors do! I have a white van and a silver grand prix, we never have to wash them! :)

Yep, I know, I have a black Infiniti I35 that looks dirty 5 minutes after washing it and in the spring, with the pollen, it looks yellow tinted.

RandyA

I bought my stepson a 2006 black Miata 3 years ago. He just texted me to say the Miata.net is the best forum.

His has been very reliable and he still loves it. His has 170hp and a 6 speed manual with 17" wheels and a traction lock rear. It's a pretty little sports car.

Oh, the 2006 model has a 2.0L engine that has a timing chain instead of a belt.

Wife , Joyce has a "11" retractable hardtop that we both enjoy riding. It has the auto trans in it but can also be shifted manually with paddle levers on the steering wheel.

Here's a pretty good site - The MX-5 Miata Pit Stop: MX-5 Miata.net There's also a lot of local groups scattered thru out the country. Here's one we belong to too give you an idea of what they're like.

-- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MiMiata/info

Perhaps you can find a similar group in your area. Good luck.

Larry