IGNORED

How much do you pay for FULL coverage insurance on your 2nd gen?

VentureFar

Hi all,

I just got sticker shock from Allstate in CA. I was ok paying in the 3's but $437 WITH over $200 in "discounts"? time to shop. This is with perfect driving record and having my motorcycle license for 46 years.

Who is your carrier and how much do you pay annually for full coverage as below:

Coverage detail for 2007 Yamaha Xvz13tf

Liability Insurance

Bodily Injury $250,000 each person

$500,000 each accident

Property Damage $100,000 each accident

Collision Insurance Actual cash value $250

Comprehensive Insurance Actual cash value $250

Uninsured Motorists Insurance for Bodily

Injury

$250,000 each person

$500,000 each accident

Total premium for 2007 Yamaha Xvz13tf $437.39

VentureFar...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I just got sticker shock from Allstate in CA. I was ok paying in the 3's but $437 WITH over $200 in "discounts"? time to shop. This is with perfect driving record and having my motorcycle license for 46 years.

Who is your carrier and how much do you pay annually for full coverage as below:

Coverage detail for 2007 Yamaha Xvz13tf

Liability Insurance

Bodily Injury $250,000 each person

$500,000 each accident

Property Damage $100,000 each accident

Collision Insurance Actual cash value $250

Comprehensive Insurance Actual cash value $250

Uninsured Motorists Insurance for Bodily

Injury

$250,000 each person

$500,000 each accident

Total premium for 2007 Yamaha Xvz13tf $437.39

VentureFar...

This rate is about what you can expect. It's not out of line.

I just went on Progressive web page quote and it was $527 for same coverage. geeze - Maybe Autopayments with no bill each month isn't such a good thing... or maybe it is, I didn't have to start drinking at 9 am for the last 12 months...:-)

VentureFar...

My Allstate agent just phoned me and said that there is a $100 difference between stating UNDER 8000 miles per year and OVER 8000 miles per year.

I happily put on over 8k miles per year - riding only on weekends and a few LD vacations- or an IRON BUTT thrown in for good measure.

I guess this price is in line... ugghh

I have progressive full coverage with 0 deductable on my 07 with 3000 dollar acc add on. 238 bucks a year. no moving violations on my record as well

How many miles did you tell them you ride? I have had the bike since 3/13 and have added 17,000 miles to the odometer - avg 809 miles per month= 9708 per year as a non commuter.

They've never asked on mileage. I have my 87 and my 07 combined and its about 400 a year. And I should say I started out with a 500 deduct but it was a vanishing deduct. Every year without a claim they took 100 off. Now its zero. I checked around and every other place was 300 higher.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Have you checked with an actual insurance agent?? My agent was actually cheaper than progressive direct. That just tells you how crooked these insurance companies are..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes - spoke with agent on the phone - he called me actually. We spoke about how he couldn't picture doing an iron butt since he has only ridden max 100 miles in one day. But I digress. Yes we spoke and he said the price increase is due to OVER 8k miles per year - would be cheaper if I didn't ride the bike.......go figure

Yes - spoke with agent on the phone - he called me actually. We spoke about how he couldn't picture doing an iron butt since he has only ridden max 100 miles in one day. But I digress. Yes we spoke and he said the price increase is due to OVER 8k miles per year - would be cheaper if I didn't ride the bike.......go figure

don't feel bad, my raping on health insurance more than makes up for my savings on vehicle insurance.. :doh:

I cover TWO bikes. 2006 RSTD and 2009 RSV. ($330/yr)

Mine went up last April when Nationwide/Victoria sold my policy to Titian, who jacked it to almost $500/yr, but with good $$ coverage (but $500 deductible).

I went online and checked Dairyland, qouted $380 for same.

Called my local agent and told him about his new company and Dairyland.

Turns out he can sell Dairyland, and cut it to $330 for great coverage on BOTH bikes! I got a good independent agent.

But my neighbor, with a new Indian Chieftain did Dairyland online, then had rate troubles after signing. He tried to go with my agent but could not as he had already signed direct.

So, chase Internet quotes, but check with your local independent before you sign up.

Edited by Mike G in SC

How many miles did you tell them you ride? I have had the bike since 3/13 and have added 17,000 miles to the odometer - avg 809 miles per month= 9708 per year as a non commuter.

I bought mine in August of 2010 with 17,800 miles on it and now have 130,000 miles on it and I pay through Esurance 194.00 per year. with $500.00 deductible and $3500 accessories coverage No Accidents ot tickets and they only write the bike

I bought mine in August of 2010 with 17,800 miles on it and now have 130,000 miles on it and I pay through Esurance 194.00 per year. with $500.00 deductible and $3500 accessories coverage No Accidents ot tickets and they only write the bike

Interesting, I think esurance is Allstate.

went with Allied Ins. bodily inj 250,00 each person, 500,000 each occurance,property damage 100,000- medical payments 10,000 comph 100 collision ded 250 custom equip 3,000, uninsured motorist- bodily injury 250,000 each person, 5000,000 each occurrence TOTAL $382.80 yr. subsideary of Nationwide through an agent:hurts:

Hey Neal... I had the same problem when I first tried to get insurance on the '99. Everything I had was with State Farm, and they quoted me $800 every six months for just 15/30. After I got the nose to stop bleeding I checked with Progressive and for everything you have hi-lighted the quote was $175 per year. I started breathing easier. Just for the heck of it I also checked Geico and the quote came back at $125 per year. So it was a no brainer. MOF the second year the premium dropped to $95, but in subsequent years it has risen. I now have three 2ndGens insured thru Geico. The '99, 04, and 07. It breaks out to $150, $250, and $350. That includes a trailer, and the Voyager kit on the '04 which didn't effect the premium at all. I'd recommend checking with Geico before doing anything else.

J