IGNORED

voltage guage

Rick Haywood

I use the battery bug. its simple and it tracks your battery output over time sso you shouldn't be left on the road with a dead battery. The vid does a good job of describing how it tests the battery with every start and monitors your bikes current as well.

Amazon.com: Argus BB-SBM12-PS Battery Bug Battery Monitor for Motorcycles and Power Sport: Automotive

Edited by friesman

Rick,

When I had my Venture I installed one of the Kuryaken LED meters, I made up a break out jumper harness that hooked up to the two pin connector on the "cigarette lighter" inside the fairing. Added a two pin connector to the meter harness and just plugged it in. I made a small "L" bracket for it and went to Home Depot and bought a rubber lined "ADEL" clamp that would fit around the handle bars, bolted the "L" bracket to the clamp, stuck the meter to the bracket and there you go.

Here is a link to a photo of the jumper harness.

Venture In The Fairing Jumper Photos by royalsteve | Photobucket

I use the battery bug. its simple and it tracks your battery output over time sso you shouldn't be left on the road with a dead battery. The vid does a good job of describing how it tests the battery with every start and monitors your bikes current as well.

Amazon.com: Argus BB-SBM12-PS Battery Bug Battery Monitor for Motorcycles and Power Sport: Automotive

I use this as well. I do have the Küryakyn that I've never used. If you want it, it's yours for $30. Let me know.

Brian can you tell me about how big it is (dimensions) the amazon web site says it is almost 8 inches by 6 inches and I find that hard to believe.

Rick,

Did you watch the little video that is associated with the link at amazon? Over on the left hand side of the add in one of the boxes that blow up the pictures.

I will be looking forward to see what you finally decided on. I have been trying to decide on one my self. I think I want to mount behind the cassette player door. Not something that I have to look at all the time but every now and again I could.

Keep us informed.

Rick,

Did you watch the little video that is associated with the link at amazon? Over on the left hand side of the add in one of the boxes that blow up the pictures.

I will be looking forward to see what you finally decided on. I have been trying to decide on one my self. I think I want to mount behind the cassette player door. Not something that I have to look at all the time but every now and again I could.

Keep us informed.

Mr Shoemaker,

I love the idea about behind the cassette deck door/ Mine is still installed but I have the bike and fairing tore down so would be a great time to remove and install. If I do that I will probably go with the small Küryakyn one. I am like you I do not need to see it all the time. I am only concerned when we have both heated jackets running. By the way some of us (5 bikes) are headed to Maggie Valley for 8 days of riding arriving July 4th and we have rented a house for the week. Let's try and get together and ride a little, Maybe you could meet us in Robinsville for a ride or maybe Franklin. Let's talk later.:thumbsup2:

I installed the Kuryakyn chrome one with double sided tape/Velcro. Stuck it over top of the Yamaha emblem on the triple tree. Was easy and looks like it belongs. Protected from weather. Tied into the cigarette lighter behind the fairing. Works great for 5 years now. Installed for same reason as wife wears heated vest. Good luck. JR

I installed the Kuryakyn chrome one with double sided tape/Velcro. Stuck it over top of the Yamaha emblem on the triple tree. Was easy and looks like it belongs. Protected from weather. Tied into the cigarette lighter behind the fairing. Works great for 5 years now. Installed for same reason as wife wears heated vest. Good luck. JR

Thank You I will also look at that location does the heated jacket pull down the stator or does it keep up OK

Rick ,As I remember its about 2 inches square, but my bike is stored. the size listed must be the package size.

Here is a llink with more info, a pic next to a battery so you can see how big it is, and it also lists the bug at about 2inches square. (BTW the motorcycle one only has one cord, the one in the pic also has an orange cord for some reason.)

Product Review: Argus Battery Bug | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

Brian

PS , I just read that Argus has gone out of business, there are still plenty of these around but if you cant get warranty it may not be a good purchase.

Edited by friesman
added that Argus is gone

Thank You I will also look at that location does the heated jacket pull down the stator or does it keep up OK

Rick, my experience with the Gerbing vest and gloves is that it will pull down the volts over time. I only run one at a time and the gloves are usually what I am concerned about for heat.

:farmer: