Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion EXO-900 & headsets

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scorpion EXO-900 & headsets

I have a J&M headset for my 700 as it doesn't use a boom mic but no headset for the 900 I just bought today. What do you have for your EXO900?

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

JM headsets work well with the EXO900. I simply un snapped the little chin skirt and run the boom up from the front.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the EXO 900 and used a standard J&M boom mic headset from my previous ARAI. Works fine. I did have to make a slight mod to run the boom mic. I'll try to take a pic and post it later this weekend. It works both with and without the full-face, which I take off for summer.
    Last edited by 1sttenor; 04-07-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Completed the answer

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which J&M headset series did you go with? likes/dislikes?

I emailed J&M because I like the installation they did in their picture. Very clean. For the price I might as well figure something else out like what you guys did (whatever that might be) or return the helmet to the dealer and buy the helmet and the headset preinstalled from J&M.

For me to go w/ how they installed I would have to have the helmet shipped at my cost round trip. For the Elite series including their labor installation charge it would be $290. For the Performance series including their labor installation charge it would be $240. Either way that is more than what I paid for the helmet. On top of that I would still have to buy the lower cord seperately. I told them I already have a 1 piece cord and they said with it being custom installed the 1 piece won't work with it.

That equals 1 expensive helmet.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question J&m & gmax

Quote Originally Posted by Sideoftheroad View Post
    Which J&M headset series did you go with? likes/dislikes?

I emailed J&M because I like the installation they did in their picture. Very clean. For the price I might as well figure something else out like what you guys did (whatever that might be) or return the helmet to the dealer and buy the helmet and the headset preinstalled from J&M.

For me to go w/ how they installed I would have to have the helmet shipped at my cost round trip. For the Elite series including their labor installation charge it would be $290. For the Performance series including their labor installation charge it would be $240. Either way that is more than what I paid for the helmet. On top of that I would still have to buy the lower cord seperately. I told them I already have a 1 piece cord and they said with it being custom installed the 1 piece won't work with it.

That equals 1 expensive helmet.
    Sounds like you got more of a response from J&M than I did,,, I just bought two GMAX 54s helmets from Cycle Giant. I emailed J&M asking which model # of the Performance Series they recommended for those helmets... The reply was "We're not familiar with that helmet, can't help you".
    So, guess I'll have to find someone with that type of helmet and see what their using.
    'Have a Great Seabee Day'

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with J&M headsets they are more or less universal. The difference is the lower cord. It looks like some are helmet specific or generic according to the type of helmet (full face, quarter or half).

Could you send another email and just let them know what bike you have and that you have a full face helmet, modular, quarter, half, etc...(w/out letting them know the helmet model)?

Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    JM headsets work well with the EXO900. I simply un snapped the little chin skirt and run the boom up from the front.

MODERATORS!!!!!

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chabicheka View Post
    MODERATORS!!!!!
    I'm just sayin' ...

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump. Anyone advise how they have their headset setup with the Scorpion 900?

Tucson, where we keep the ice in the freezer.
    United States
    AZ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chabicheka View Post
    MODERATORS!!!!!
    I know the voices aren't real... But they do have some really great ideas !

The problem isn't the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Capt Jack Sparrow

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

bump. I guess only 2 people have j&m headsets with boom mics with their helmets?

United States
    UT
    Post Thanks / Like

I installed a J & M 584 headset in my wife's EXO900 and it works great.

I removed the left cheek pad and installed the boom mic then modified the pad to allow for the mic. It wasn't hard at all.

You do have to open/shut the helmet jaw as the flap that reduces the air flow into the helmet around the chin will catch the boom on the mic.

Dave

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found this. I know this guy from my VTX days. I am still on his email distribution. Wonder of this will work.

http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...pid=8924&str=4

United States
    UT
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sideoftheroad View Post
    Just found this. I know this guy from my VTX days. I am still on his email distribution. Wonder of this will work.

http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...pid=8924&str=4
    Yep. That will work! It's part of the Performance Series at J&M. I have friends that use them but I prefer the higher quality of the Elite Series

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast