Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Riding Vacation

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkansas Riding Vacation

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Going riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1131730&type=3

Last edited by Rick Haywood; 03-03-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Love Ya Rick & Shirley

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!!! ya`ll enjoy!

Kbay
    Patriot Guard Rider

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We can't wait! Is it April yet! Rick you got a GREAT area and we are going to ride some GREAT roads!

Bryan
    Idiot out Wondering Around
    So many places to go, so little time.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rick Haywood;661748]Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Goiuch riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

Wow! Florida Keys at the end of March and Arkansas mid April is a lot of riding....
    Leo
    (Jeannette)
    09 RSV Black on Red with Hannigan trike conversion

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=leo3wheel;661810]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Haywood View Post
    Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April. Going down with my wife and another couple from this board (Bryan52577 and Lisa). Goiuch riding as mush as we can and just enjoy the peice and quiet in the evenings around the camp fire. may even have a beer or 3.

Wow! Florida Keys at the end of March and Arkansas mid April is a lot of riding....
    Fun Fun Fun................... and a few of us are doing a Deadwood South Dakota ride in June also. Oh and I forgot B2 mom and Dads in May. I better stock up on oil and filters, looks like
    I will be changing it every 3 weeks or so.

Love Ya Rick & Shirley

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see you are filling out your states visited map. Good for you!
    Of course, I should talk. We have a few rides planned too in addition to our Florida Keys ride, around Maggie Valley, Pittsburg, and White Mountains. Let the good times roll!
    Leo
    (Jeannette)
    09 RSV Black on Red with Hannigan trike conversion

United States
    TX
    Post Thanks / Like

Just booked this place down by Marshall Arkansas for a week the middle of April...
    We rode that area last spring, stayed in Harrison. Some of the best riding I've ever done. Check out the roads around Jasper. Be careful on the switchbacks on AR Hwy 123 some of the tightest I've ridden.

[ame="http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/aharbi/2011%20April%20Ozark%20Ride/?action=view&current=042011AR123.mp4"]2011 April Ozark Ride :: Riding the Ozarks video by aharbi - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid278.ph otobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fkk100%2Faharbi%2F2011%252 0April%2520Ozark%2520Ride%2F042011AR123.mp4@@AMEPA RAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid278.photobucket.com%2Fal bums%2Fkk100%2Faharbi%2F2011%2520April%2520Ozark%2 520Ride%2F042011AR123.mp4[/ame]

A panorama picture of the Buffalo River Valley.

Last edited by aharbi; 03-03-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: fix video link
    Best regards; Art

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa and I have been in that area before. First thing you notice is the guy that made up the speed limit signs for the corners, was OBVIOUSLY a racer on a crotch rocket! And quite a few of the corners are "banked" the wrong way.
    But WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!

PS Nice Video!!!
    Bryan

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Holly sh**s remind me of my wife in some of the curves. I started laughing out loud. 123 is one of the raods I have picked out to ride

Love Ya Rick & Shirley

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryan52577 View Post
    Lisa and I have been in that area before. First thing you notice is the guy that made up the speed limit signs for the corners, was OBVIOUSLY a racer on a crotch rocket! And quite a few of the corners are "banked" the wrong way.
    But WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!

PS Nice Video!!!
    Bryan
    That guy was my third or fourth cousin twice removed on my mothers side he owned a tow truck.Help to supplement his income when moonshine business was slow and the revenuer's were after him.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkansas trip

Hi, I live in Mountain Home, Ar (north/middle) of the state.One hour from where you will be staying. I have done about 30,000 miles backroad riding here and if you have questions about riding the northern part of the state let me know. I you plan a day on a lake there is Lake Norfork 1/3 mile from my house.
    If you want to know about roads south of St. Louis I have family in Chicago and Rockford and have traveled them a number of times.
    One thing I will say about riding these roads... with the wtist and turn on back roads you will only travel about 30 to 40 miles in a hour's time.
    If you need anything I have a workshop and cycle trailer if needed.

Cb

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cb1313 View Post
    Hi, I live in Mountain Home, Ar (north/middle) of the state.One hour from where you will be staying. I have done about 30,000 miles backroad riding here and if you have questions about riding the northern part of the state let me know. I you plan a day on a lake there is Lake Norfork 1/3 mile from my house.
    If you want to know about roads south of St. Louis I have family in Chicago and Rockford and have traveled them a number of times.
    One thing I will say about riding these roads... with the wtist and turn on back roads you will only travel about 30 to 40 miles in a hour's time.
    If you need anything I have a workshop and cycle trailer if needed.

Cb
    Thanks, You know you could go ride a little with us if you want. We plan on being in Mountain Home one day. We could at least meet for lunch or something. I appreciate your offer of the shop and such and I will keep your number just in case since you never know what is going to happen. Makes it nice to know their is someone close to help just in case. Let me know if you want to ride or meet for lunch.

Rick

Love Ya Rick & Shirley

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And that is just ONE of the many thing that I love about the "family" on this VR site! No matter where you go there is someone willing to give you a shop to work in, info on the area or the shirt off their back if you need it. WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!!!

PS Rick I got the motel in MO. reserved for Saturday night.
    Is it time to go yet??????????

Bryan

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, You know you could go ride a little with us if you want. We plan on being in Mountain Home one day. We could at least meet for lunch or something. I appreciate your offer of the shop and such and I will keep your number just in case since you never know what is going to happen. Makes it nice to know their is someone close to help just in case. Let me know if you want to ride or meet for lunch.

Rick
    I am in North West part of the state, just outside of Eureka Speings.
    Anything you need in this area, just let me know.
    I also have a workshop, tools, and traler if needed, a place to stay.
    Bilko

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bilko1 View Post
    I am in North West part of the state, just outside of Eureka Speings.
    Anything you need in this area, just let me know.
    I also have a workshop, tools, and traler if needed, a place to stay.
    Bilko
    THANK YOU!!! If you are out riding and see us say HI!
    And if you or anyone ever comes up to Iowa (not sure why anyone would do that on purpose) , you can count on help from me if needed, too.
    Or just stop and say HI, always nice to see another "VR family" memeber.

Bryan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast