IGNORED

Warning on taking pics from your cell phone!!!!!!!‏

saddlebum

If you have children or grandchildren you NEED to watch this. I had no idea this could happen from taking pictures on the blackberry or other smartphone. It's scary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY]Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you very much. I have already e-mailed this information to all in my contact. I also just got off the phone with the Board Of Education, left a message for the safety coordinator here. This is something that should take first priority in our schools to get this information out to people. This is really a big threat to all those on Facebook. Glad it can be turned off in the phones. I have a regular cell phone Motorola Extreme VA76r. I do not think I have to worry about this.

James

I can't see the video at work but from the posts I am pretty sure I know what it is about. I saw a report on this a couple weeks ago on the news. That's why I like SD cards. I just upload to my pc and then to the net when I am ready. Also do not announce when I am going on vacation, but do let others know where I went to when I get back.

I just had another thought on this. It came about because my youngest son had his birthday over the weekend. My sister in law posted pics to facebook. I know she took them from her cell but either it is old enough that it doesn't have the ability to post your location or that feature is turned off. Not sure I like the idea of the location of our house posted for all to see.

Along this same lines.

It was reported on the local news last night where a woman had her purse stolen while out shopping. The theif used the cell phone to text "Hubby" with "I forgot our PIN number for the ATM" Hubby texted the pin back without a thought. By the time the wife got home and told hubby what had happened the bank accounts were empty. Do not use names like Hubby, wifey sweety etc.

The same story talked about someone at a football game that had the GPS and garage door opener stolen from the car. The GPS had an entry of "Home" and the garage door opener the door to let them into the house. because the car was at a game they knew exactly how much time they had till the owners came home. The house was nearly empty.

Just some more to think about. I have changed the entries in my phone and GPS so that it is not an easy guess as to what they are.