IGNORED

Outstanding Service

Black Owl

Some of the best ideas seem to pop up during casual conversations. This one, raised between the salt-shot-and lime is no exception.

More often than not when talking about service received from a dealership it is to complain about the quality of service, the cost of the service or the lack of service.

However, every now and then, someone takes the effort to identify a dealer who goes out of their way to provide exceptional service.

It was suggested that whenever such a dealer is identified that a thank you letter be sent to the dealer from the Venture Riders thanking them for their service to one of our members.

Letters of compliment mean a lot to dealerships, the service managers, and the respecive technicians.

So, whenever anyone has an exceptional experience with a dealership or any other service provider, if they will send me a PM providing the name/address of the dealership, the names of the parties involved, and the date of the service, I will generate a letter from the Venture Riders thanking them for the service provided to one of our members.

And if memory serves me correctly, this was suggested by Erv and Teri (Pakidaho) somewhere between the home brewed beer and the Taquila...

:mytruck1: :15_8_211[1]:

Great idea and perhaps we / someone could come up with a official looking letter of recognition for the dealership in question. Then send it to them on behalf of the site for it's service to our members.

Larry

Will be working on that this week.

That sounds like a great idea. In my past experiences, most of the dealers I dealt with weren't so good. My local dealer used to get upset when I mentioned information I obtained through a m/c forum such as this one. So maybe receiving a positive letter from VR would be a positive step to accepting forums and their ideas. :smile5:

as I remember it was between the 3rd and 4th shot of tequila with salt and lime, and after the keg of beer.....lol!!!!

Great Idea Erv and Teri!, and thanks to Russell for taking the idea under his wing and making it fly! lol!

Brian

This tank you message idea, is this only for dealers? Or can it be for any bike shop? Hubby and I found a good local bike shop I'd recommend to anyone passing through.

Dealers or local shops. Good service is good service and should be recognized.

:15_8_211[1]:

Great idea!! I think it would also help to raise our profile (In a positive way) with the shops and dealers. There are certainly some in our area who deserve a pat on the back while others deserve a different "pat",,,a bit lower down on their anatomy using a different part of our anatomy.

:thumbsup2:

Andy

Owl, I think this is a great idea. (Well done yet again, Erv and Teri!) Also, shouldn't there be someplace to put these notifications so that the entire group will be able to recognize the good guys?

I'd like to suggest that perhaps we also need to come up with a Letter Of Apology. In this case also as a result of the home brewed beer and tequila. Just a thought.

I'd like to suggest that perhaps we also need to come up with a Letter Of Apology. In this case also as a result of the home brewed beer and tequila. Just a thought.

Steve,

You are right on there! We can think of one couple in particular we want to make apologies to, quite often we wind up getting so wrapped up in our own deal we tend to run over others with out even so much as a thought in how our actions affect them.

:sign13:

As in a wayward picnic table, I'm guessing. As I'm fairly sure, that the old hooter wasn't topless in the evenings. Just the early mornings & I had unfortunately seen that sight.

:bang head::bang head::bang head::canada:

About a year back, on this forum, some of us from SC got into a "love fest" about the continual good service of the Sumter SC Yamaha dealer. I did a copy/paste of the article and took it to the dealer.

YES, it made their day. The service writers wife got teary eyed and it was passed around to everyone in the dealership.

So, great idea. Just like all of us, they love a complement.

Mike G