IGNORED

Alarm Install Question.................

Aussie Annie

Quickstep is trying to install an alarm for me and is asking "where" is the best place to put the unit? It measures about 4" x 21/2"

It's a Chatter Box alarm from CruiserCustomising.

AND where is the starter relay?????:crying::crying: I have one very p***'d off Quickstep here.

Edited by Aussie Annie
another question

The first place that comes to mind is inside the fairing. There's some space on either side of the radio gear. I have a full sized, old style, radar detector receiver mounted pointing mostly forward in there on the brake side. I've also added a set of electric horns, and a stack of relays. If I can squeeze all that in there I'm pretty sure that alarm module should fit.

I've never had to replace the starter relay, so I can't really point you directly to it, but it lives inside the side covers under the seat. I'm expecting it to be near the fuel filter in the center, or on the clutch side, but that's just a guess. It's been a while since I've been in there rooting around.

Bummer thanks for the post. I think he was trying to avoid cracking the front fairing :crying: time was running out
This won't be any quicker, and may be a bit late, but: Normally the CB lives in a box under the trunk. Since you don't have the stock CB you should have some space there. How about facing down between the braces under the trunk? Perhaps a couple of wire ties for testing, then a more permanent mount once the placement is proven acceptable...