IGNORED

Looks like we're "Venturing" to the "dark side"...

SilvrT

Yes... yes..yes... we've made a deal on an '06 RSMV. It's a scoot that is advertised on this site no less to boot!

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1334/cat/4

It's been checked out by a friend of ours who is very meticulous and it's in showroom condition (it should be for only 1300 km's). We got it for $12,900 which I feel is a heck of a deal for this particular bike and for here in Canada...eh!

:thumbsup2:

:ice_congrats-vi6886 on the new bike. You aren't getting rid of the 87 are you? You can have two bikes. Hope you have a lot of miles on the new one.

Margaret

The '87 is for sale... asking $4500 and I'm pretty firm on that. I'm in no hurry to sell it so pretty confident I'll get my asking price...eventually!!

Sooo, you switched over to the dark side, eh?? Well, congratulations! Let me tell you how I feel about it. There will always be friendly rivalry between 1st and 2nd gens but it is all in good fun. Neither bike is better than the other, it's all a matter of personal preference. What really matters is how YOU feel about the bike. The first gen is a very nice and comfortable reliable scoot but so is the second generation.

That being said... Traitor:stirthepot:

I know you will enjoy your new bike and the miles youll be able to put on it every year. Just remember you wont be able to miss those shifts and still be able to beat those Harley guys like you used to with your 87.

Hey now you guys gotta make it out to one of the meets this year just so we can see your new scoot! Say hi to Nina for me!!!

Brian

I know you will enjoy your new bike and the miles youll be able to put on it every year. Just remember you wont be able to miss those shifts and still be able to beat those Harley guys like you used to with your 87.

Hey now you guys gotta make it out to one of the meets this year just so we can see your new scoot! Say hi to Nina for me!!!

Brian

hehehe... and that was ridin 2 up!! Well now.. maybe I'll just have to keep the "old girl" just for those "special times" LOL

she says "HI" backatcha!

Give Janeo a shout on this website. He's looking for a 1st Gen. He might be delighted to get a chance at yours. Congrats on the 2nd Gen. You'll probably find it a little smoother and faster than the 1st Gen.:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Glenn

And Probally Not.

When you get older you tend to slow a little down or so I've heard!!!:whistling:

Smokin deal SilvrT ,you be riding it back to Burnaby ? bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Gawd no...not this time of year...having it shipped via a specialty M/C transport company...it will wind up costing a bit more but the lack of the hassle of trailering it myself is worth it.

Gawd no...not this time of year...having it shipped via a specialty M/C transport company...it will wind up costing a bit more but the lack of the hassle of trailering it myself is worth it.

I was 20c around here yesterday and I think Calgary was the same, it mighta got a little chilly going thru the mountain passes but youre tuff you coulda done it!!!

(oh yeah, youre just thinking of Nina, i forgot you dont want her to get chilled. youre so considerate)......lol!

Brian

I was 20c around here yesterday and I think Calgary was the same, it mighta got a little chilly going thru the mountain passes but youre tuff you coulda done it!!!

(oh yeah, youre just thinking of Nina, i forgot you dont want her to get chilled. youre so considerate)......lol!

Brian

Brian..heh...you know as well as I do how quick the weather can change out East of here. I lived in Calgary for 8 years...plus 15...20 celcius today.... minus same tomorrow and sometimes it comes without warning. To be honest, I'd love to ride it home...may still yet! I have to wait for all the paperwork to be finalized by mid-week...then we'll see what the weather is gonna do next weekend... yes, I'm a "tuff" guy LOL... and maybe a little reckless even at my age and between me, you, and the gatepost .... I may just chance it!

Then again.... I don't know if the "warden" will let me out on "day parole" ifn she figgures I'm gonna do that! LOL

That is a heck of a deal for a canadian bike Rick....congrats. You will need the good money left over for chrome.

I would truly suggest you buy from either texas yamaha sport center or seattle sport center. They have the best prices I;ve ever seen for chrome parts for our bikes.

That is a heck of a deal for a canadian bike Rick....congrats. You will need the good money left over for chrome.

I would truly suggest you buy from either texas yamaha sport center or seattle sport center. They have the best prices I;ve ever seen for chrome parts for our bikes.

Thanks for the info.. as the bike will be sitting in my garage most of the winter, I'll be looking for as many "goodies" as my wallet will allow during that time.

Let's see now... what to get first.... awrite..c'mon guys.... help me spend, spend, spend (and then send your donations LOL)

Nice Deal, Congrats to you.

I Would suggest a backrest, side bag rails, riding pegs and light bar. Not too much but my opinion the best options to get.

BRad

yep to those 2 items plus an LED wing for the trunk...then a luggage rack. Those are, to me, the most important... after that... who knows...

Let's see now... what to get first.... awrite..c'mon guys.... help me spend, spend, spend (and then send your donations LOL)

Out of province inspection & ICBC, if this is not costly enough, I have more..... Lift adapter would be a good thing to get, along with a lift, if you don't have one.

:mo money::mo money:

Out of province inspection & ICBC, if this is not costly enough, I have more..... Lift adapter would be a good thing to get, along with a lift, if you don't have one.

:mo money::mo money:

According to my insurance agent, motorcycles don't require an inspection... ICBC insurance "goes without saying".. but yes, the lift adapter and lift are high on my list... hmmmmm ...I wonder if they come in CHROME!!

:think: :scratchchin: