IGNORED

Another rider bites the asphalt (concrete)

utadventure

My son Sam was riding Jan's bike (Suzuki GS650) to work last when it developed a front end wobble he could get back under control. Considering what the result could have been, the road rash, broken collar bone and shoulder blade is not to bad.

The helmet and leather jacket did a good job of protecting him and the short also performed as expected - NADA!!

I suspect that the front tire went flat on him for some reason and caused the initial problem. I'll be contacting the towing company today to see if it's repairable or if I have a bike to part out.

If it's beyond repair, the banker says I can't buy her a replacement until the debt ratio goes down.

Dave

Wow! Sorry to hear that but as you said, glad he is only banged up and not in a casket. Another testimony to the effectiveness of protective gear. You never know when you are going down. Nobody goes out riding saying "I'm planning on going down today." I'll be glad to pray for his quick recovery.

Hope everything works out with the bankers...

Man Dave!,

That sucks!!! Sounds like he will heal though, glad for that!!!

Too bad about the bike, hope things work out well with that. If I can help, let me know..

DJ

BTW, if you need a truck to move it..let me know. we can work something out....

Well as my dad said i'm not doing bad all things considered. I ended up with some road rash on the legs and a few other places but due to the protective gear I was wearing its almost gone from everywhere but where i didn't have any clothes covering (IE the legs, note to self wear long pants and not shorts next time) unfortunately the bones can't be cast so i just have to take it easy and let them heal on their own.

I was riding my moms bike cause we're ironing out some kinks on my bike that developed after we rebuilt the carbs.

We're still not sure what caused the initial wobble but may find something more as we make the repairs. Damage to the bike isn't all that bad but it will need some new forks, turns signal and spewdometer. The rest of the damage is minor cosmetic things.

Fortunately a worman driving an SUV behind me saw me loose control and go down and used her vehicle as a shield and I was alert and hopped on adrenaline enough to hobble off the road as soon as I stopped moving down the road.

Sam Harris

Newest member of the 215 skid club

Damage to the bike isn't all that bad but it will need some new forks, turns signal and spewdometer.

Okay, you're hurt so I won't pick on you but I just had to laugh when I saw that! So many things come to mind!!:cool10: :banana:

Glad your not too bad off and, definitely, glad you're still with us to write about it!!