IGNORED

HMS RetroFit Reverse is now avalible to the End User

Cougar

My sales order Just started today :happy65: The end user now can purchase the reverse kit.

and have it sent to your home. it's all bolt on and no welding. There is a 3 week

build time as well after the sales order hits the floor.

I will take photos and how to, through my process as well for anybody considering

this option.

The Carbon_One Aux is not in the way for this upgrade. however if you have the older

style Hannigan aux tank that would also have to be changed out.

I will be bugging Larry I am sure through out my Build. I think I my be the

first customer for the Retro Fit Reverse. :D

The Kit is $1.095.00 and shipping is $58.00 I chose to keep this project

through Hanniagn as I would get Jims help as well when doing my Install.

From doing research you may be able to find a shop and buy it through them

at a lower cost as well. If they let you just pick it up from them. I did call a few other

shops and they wanted shop time of $600 to do the install. :shock3:

Wish me Luck !

Just in time for my Birthday !:)

Wife just gave this to me for that day , she is wonderful. she likes chrome as well

Jeff

Nice!! Keep us posted. Just might have to do this after this riding season. I had one time that a reverse was defenitly needed. A one lane dead end road with no turn offs and on an incline. It wooped my butt.

My sales order Just started today :happy65: The end user now can purchase the reverse kit.

and have it sent to your home. it's all bolt on and no welding. There is a 3 week

build time as well after the sales order hits the floor.

I will take photos and how to, through my process as well for anybody considering

this option.

The Carbon_One Aux is not in the way for this upgrade. however if you have the older

style Hannigan aux tank that would also have to be changed out.

I will be bugging Larry I am sure through out my Build. I think I my be the

first customer for the Retro Fit Reverse. :D

The Kit is $1.095.00 and shipping is $58.00 I chose to keep this project

through Hanniagn as I would get Jims help as well when doing my Install.

From doing research you may be able to find a shop and buy it through them

at a lower cost as well. If they let you just pick it up from them. I did call a few other

shops and they wanted shop time of $600 to do the install. :shock3:

Wish me Luck !

Just in time for my Birthday !:)

Wife just gave this to me for that day , she is wonderful. she likes chrome as well

Jeff

I just called Jim Gooch (SP) myself at HMS the other day and left a message. My dad is wanting to get a reverse retro kit also. Did he say how much it would be to get it installed by them? I am looking forward to seeing pictures throughout the process so that maybe dad and myself can just install it. I through that there was a bracket that is welded on the new kits that is missing from the old for the little motor? This is a no weld install? I am VERY interested in this. Thanks, for being the genie pig for all the rest of the retro HMS trikers. :rotf::080402gudl_prv:

Kid this is a post from Veritas from Trike Talk.. He works for Hannigan

The Retro-Fit of the Reverse Assembly will not require ANY cutting or welding no matter when the HMS Yamaha Trike was built and/or converted.

Here is page two of this talk

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/yamaha-trikes-161/reverse-rsv-trike-14019/index2.html

Jim will just refer you to John for more details about the cost . I have no clue about another shop installing I do know that it is $195 from a fresh build. most shops

will charge you shop time at $75 or more per hour , also they might want to remove the

body as well. I am going to try and see if I can do it with out removing it. if so removing

the body is very simple.

As of right now the cost is $1095 and $58 shipping

Good luck and keep us posted :-)

I am going to so as much as I can to help the next person do this install in the future.

John has told me that the install looks very simple to do as well. we will see !

Jeff

Bob, it's kinda like saying are the foot fairings $1400.00 nice? :think:

I might also do that now as well in a couple years if I had a revese

didnt want them before as I needed to put my feet down to move it.

oh and thats $1,153.00 :big-grin-emoticon:

I'm a maybe on this. Haven't needed reverse by watching where I park, but I admit it would be nice. Question is $1100 nice??

I will be finally installing my Carbon1 tank soon, so If I order it now it should be here in time...

Maybe we can do it at Don's MD with 3 of us (that's if Larry will help) on it it won't take long. I'm in.

...except that I'm bringing the cage to get the pinstriping fixed! I will have the tank installed before the International and it would be nice to do reverse at the same time, should I decide to spend the extra money I really don't have...

...except that I'm bringing the cage to get the pinstriping fixed! I will have the tank installed before the International and it would be nice to do reverse at the same time, should I decide to spend the extra money I really don't have...

Pretend you have a Harley and trailer the bike down:stickpoke: :rotf:

• 2 weeks later...