IGNORED

Neosho swivel hitch?

sarges46

Guys and gals:

Looking at the "specs" for the swivel hitch offered by Neosho I see that the insert is a nylon block. Any comments good or bad on this material being used in this situation?

Thanks for the feedback.

I picked up one of there couplers a while back and so far haven't installed it on the Piggy. Why? Basically didn't have anything to pull it with until recently. The nylon block needs to be through drilled to secure it inside the tongue. The design is pretty straight forward and simple. i thought it would contain roller bearings to make it easy to rotate. It doesn't. Klaus (kbert) installed one a year or so ago, and you might get ahold of him to get the straight scoop.

Rick,

I have the Neosho swivel on my trailer. Installed it with the new tongue after the accident. Think if I had it on at the time of the accident, I probably wouldn't have needed to replace the tongue.

The only problem (if you can call it that) was then I needed to shave down the nylon block so it would fit inside the tongue. If you are going to get it.... I would strongly encourage you to send the hitch out to a machine shop to get the holes drilled. Other than that, no problems.

Black owl..... I just bought one of these hitches..... plan to do it this winter.... Am I right in assuming you drill right through the nylon, steel center bar stock and back out the other side???? I was wondering if the turning mechanism would be jammed if I dilled right through !!!:whistling:

Black owl..... I just bought one of these hitches..... plan to do it this winter.... Am I right in assuming you drill right through the nylon, steel center bar stock and back out the other side???? I was wondering if the turning mechanism would be jammed if I dilled right through !!!:whistling:

Heck no, go ahead and drill away. The hitch will still rotate...... as long as the bike and trailer are in sync and do too....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Heck no, go ahead and drill away. The hitch will still rotate...... as long as the bike and trailer are in sync and do too....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ya know I've got to apologize and eat crow. I just went and looked at the one I have, and that's exactely what you do. The nylon block is nothing more than a spacer to hold the round stock in the center of the tongue tubing. The rotation is done by a bearing in the coupler. Sorry for trying to be a smart a$$.........