Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Greetings Venture brothers from cold and scary country of world evil, Russia! Does anybody have any contacts of France/Europe guys made mp3 box (cd changer emulator) for 2 gen Venture? Maybe somebody have for sale/change/give this holy grail? Or maybe at least i-pod box ?
  2. If someone with a Venture TC has a moment; please check the reaction of the passenger FWD and REV buttons using the Inspection Mode screen and let me now how they respond. Mine are reversed! Which explains why my wife got lost trying to navigate through our chosen soundtrack. I sent pix of the issue to my dealer, who passed them along to the local Yamaha factory rep, but I haven't heard back since then. Is this a issue for just me? A goof in manufacturing? Just wondering if this is only my problem or a characteristic that needs attention. Thanks
  3. we are putting a large screen tv in our hall. all the inputs to the amp are full so we are thinking of sharing the rca type input currently used by a laptop to play music tv and music would never be on at same time thesound desk requires about 100 ft of wire from tv not too worried about concert hall quality sound...we use standard ceiling type speakers. can we run rca output from tv 100 ft to shared rca input to amp?
  4. I been reading all the earlier post are audio and still confused My cass does not work, radio only on AM and CB dead dont care about CB I would like to do is pull all out.. amp tuner everything but, all those wires what do i do what them and which wires do i use? What is everyone making to fill the big hole if you pull everything out that looks nice? I like listening to FM and i guess i had to be able to down some music mp3 or ipod (haven't done that yet) What a good system to put in? and would i need a amp? My bike the only thing keeping me from a padded room and some music would really help This is 1st post hope it get to the right place. Thanks for any help and pictures would be great
  5. No, I don't mean working on carbs. I recently came into possession of a (used) MP3 player. Now, I still like vinyl and 8 tracks. This little trinket had a bunch of music in it, about 140 songs, none of which was to my liking. I discovered that I could plug it in to a USB port and figured out how to delete the stuff that was on it. I have now "ripped" two of my CD's onto the computer and I'm gradually learning to "sync" them onto the MP3 player. This may not seem like much to many of you, I know there are some of you to whom this kind of technology is like second nature. But when I can play "my" music on the GL1800 using a little gadget not much bigger than my thumb, I figure I've made a giant leap towards entering the 21st century. No cassette player or CD player. What I don't know is, do I have to carry a supply of AAA batteries to power this thing, or is there some way of running it on the power from the bike?
  6. All I can say is WOW - the building is an outstanding piece of architecture and the first Christmas show by the Cleveland Symphony was just as impressive. I would recommend attending the symphony to anyone that enjoys music. Quite an evening, except for the $6 a glass for wine at the restaurant nearby.
  7. Here is an interesting email I received. Beautiful story and song.. Enjoy.... Story About the Song While at the mall a couple of years ago, my then four year old nephew, Spencer, saw kids lined up to see Santa Claus. Having been taught as a toddler that Christmas is the holiday that Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, he asked his mom, "where's the line to see Jesus"? My sister mentioned this to my dad, who immediately became inspired and jotted words down to a song in just a few minutes. After putting music to the words, and doing a quick recording at home, he received a great response from friends. He sent the song off to Nashville without much response, except for a Christian song writer who suggested adding a bridge at the end of the first chorus. My dad then asked if I wanted to record the song to see what we could do with it. I listened to the song, made a few changes to the words to make it flow better, and we headed to Shock City Studios. It was at the studio where Chris, owner and producer, rewrote the 2nd verse and part of the chorus... With goose bumps and emotions high, we were all hopeful and felt like we had something special. The demo was recorded in just under 2 hours and sent off again to Nashville ... Still no response. Then 2 weeks before Christmas last year, my cousins Greg and Robbie decided to do a video to see what we could accomplish on YouTube. The first day we had 3000 hits and it soared from there. We received e-mails, phone calls, Facebook messages from people all over asking for the music, CD's, iTunes, anything... We had nothing. After a couple of meetings with Chris following the amazing response, we got serious. We headed back into the studio this past spring... This time with guitars, drums, bass, pianos, choirs... The real deal.... And here we are today. Getting iTunes set up, a website put together, and loving that thousands upon thousands of Christians have come together... Remembering the true meaning of Christmas. Out of the mouths of babes come profound truths that many adults can not understand. Hopefully Spencer's observation will cause people all over to reflect on the love of Jesus, and that one day we will all stand in line to see Him. We are most thankful to our Heavenly Father to have this chance to share our music with you. Merry Christmas everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OExXItDyWEY&vq=medium
  8. I was messing around the other day and using my cell phone for Pandora. After awhile I switched to regular FM radio. I had to really turn down the volume as it about blew my ears out. I flipped on the CD to listen to something after that and had to turn down a little more, not as much as before. Of all the music I would have to say the CD player has the clearest and loudest out put. The Aux the least. Why? Maybe because you have to run it thru so many cables etc to get anything? Just wondering, and has anyone else experienced the same?
  9. Incredible example of CGI engineering brilliance. It is called "Resonant Chamber" About four minutes of music played on an instrument that will take at least that long to appreciate. You may not want it to stop. Even without music the movement of this creation is riveting. Turn up your sound and try it! http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlyCLbt3Thk?rel=0
  10. dilemma ... My bike is SUPER load... from what I can find out the previous owner had Cherry Bomb Glasspack mufflers put on the bike... Now don't get me wrong if u like loud and awesome sound then this is the way to go... BUT i'm 51 and already my hearing from years of working in a machine shop and LOUD music has taking a toll on my hearing. Now my bike is adding to it...how much could i expect to pay for a set of used STOCK exhaust? ( i'm not really sold on going stock , but)...
  11. Has anyone tried this Digital plug in device that uses sd cards to store the music? Wingstuff has a good deal on these if they are a direct plugin. http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/29640?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Black%20Friday%20-%20Our%20Best%20Deals%20EVER Brian
  12. An Arab enters a taxi cab in Dallas , Texas .......... Once he is seated he asks the cab driver to turn off the radio because he must not hear music as decreed by his religion and; in the time of the prophet, there was no music, especially Western music, which is music of the infidel's and certainly no radio ........ So the cab driver politely switches off the radio, pulls over to the side, stops the cab and opens the back door. The Arab asks him: “What are you doing man?” The Texan answers: “In the time of the prophet there were no taxis. So get your ass out and wait for a camel.” You gotta love Texas
  13. Man I must be getting old... Turned on VH1 and they had saturdaynight live on! Turned on MTV and MTV2 they had some kind of real life soap opera crap going on... Am I missing something??? these are suppose to be music video channels??? Where can a guy get some decent music videos to work out to? I have direct tv and know 801 thru 850 has music, but its a black screen... This snow is starting to sux
  14. A little entertainment, no bull. Oh, guess I should look again. Hey, I'm not a farmer. http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/lXKDu6cdXLI?rel=0
  15. time for a new headset. been using J & M for years, works good for cb and intercomb but my $10.00 pair i wear when walking sounds better for music. anything out there that has quality sound for music. I will admit my J M are about 15 years old. they may have improved much since then. thanks in advanced.
  16. Greetings all. On my last big trip in April this year I had cause (need) to replace my mobile phone. Ended up with a Nokia N8-00, and boy is it a beauty. By playing around with it I have discovered a number of remarkable features, the least of which is that it has a standard 3mm audio jack outlet. To cut to the chase - if I run the phone through the auxiliary of the RSV and programme my phone, I can use it as a hands-free phone whilst riding (or stationary). It has 16GB of memory and I have loaded 1,520 mp3 music files onto it and I play that also through the audio out. I keep the phone charged using a standard Nokia 12V charger. I also have an internet radio application on the phone through which I can listen to thousands of radio stations from around the world - all whilst riding. If a phone call, text message or email come in the radio volume dies out for about ten seconds so the relevant alert tone can be heard. If it's a phone call I have auto answer and the music is auto-muted. The phone is mounted to the bars of the bike with a secure holder and I have a three-way 12V + USB outlet mounted to the top of my front brake master cylinder. Through that outlet I also run my GPS and the USB is handy for charging my 8GB MP4 player that I also use for music. Surely no need for a CD player or tape deck.
  17. Me and the Lady just spent 4 days camping at Willeville MC Camp in Meadows of Dan VA They are located just off the BRP in VA The place is clean well kept picnic tables and bug torches ot every site The owner Will he puts out coffee in the mornings We meet some good people While there we went and checked out some music venues along the Crooked road Virginia's music trail We ended up in Galax at the fiddlers convention watched the Banjo competitions along the way we stopped at the Blue Ridge Music center which has live old time and Bluegrass music daily along with a real interesting display about American roots music and it origins We went up to Floyd VA to the Floyd General Store this town was a little busy for me Along the BRP we found a place called Rapps they have a bike cruise in and live music outdoors Classic rock cover band during the day Saturday The Coffee was good The last night we spent in Meadows of Dan at a Pizza place in town they have live bluegrass music Friday and Saturday and good Pizza We had a great time..... I recommend this camp
  18. Hello everyone. Hope someone would please help me with a Radio/Intercom problem I'm having on My 1988 Venture Royale ?. I have owned this Venture for 10 years with no Audio problems untill now. The headset push button on the Amplifier Controller Function,just below the Radio, will not turn off the Intercom ( green light stays on all the time ) and only plays Music or CB through the headset. I can not get Music or CB Audio to play through the Speakers. Sprayed a little contact cleaner into the push button, but did not help, also checked the mute and other buttons with no help for this problem. Has anyone ever had this problem? Please help Me with any suggestions You may have. Thanks, Russ
  19. I admit it. I am overwhelmed by all of this audio technology. My VR has an intercom system but I don't have the headsets. I do have bluetooth headsets for our cell phones. Does anyone make a box that will enable our two headsets to talk to each other? Music isn't important to us but it would be cool if it had music input.
  20. I have been using my MP3 or radio on the bike...Installed the XM radio from Walmart and the payment of $11.07 per month ( I did have to pay $15 extra for something) and my 50s 60s 70s music plays 24/7. I highly recommend. I know some of the guys and gals have been enjoying this for a long time but at least I'm now on board.
  21. Communicated with Pete at BikeMP3 and he held my hand through teaching me how to correctly load the music from my music library. It only took about 4 sets of emails and replys to educate me. I now have 280+ songs (tracks) on 3 "CD's" and it works great and sounds even better. On another thread I suggested that anyone with a Gen 2 Venture might want to contact him about the possibility of developing something that would connect directly into the RSV 6 disc changer circuit. Unless they already have the changer installed, the MP3 would be the way to go.
  22. someone here knows the best, safest place to download free country music. any suggestions? just jt
  23. My wife is in a hot looking 2010 Taurus with a smoking V-6. It has everything a person needs then some. But Chrysler and their commercial with the rapper guy.................with that music.......................... and now my wife wants one. But dang it they are nice looking. The Chrysler 200 in Jet Black
  24. I saw a couple of posts today about downloading music and while I don't condemn anyone for their choices, I respect the artists and their rights (and copyrights). But I do LOVE to collect live music and video of my favorite artists. I thought I would start a new thread and share a little of my experiences over the past 10 years with the "tape" trading community and downloading. "Bit Torrent" isn't the problem, it's the sites that you access with your Bit Torrent client. Like most other things created by man, Bit Torrent can be used for good or evil! I've used Bit Torrent every day for the past 10 years with no problems. I download mostly live music from "trade friendly" bands that approve of it that has been recorded at a concert or off of a TV. You won't find the top 40 there and nothing that is "copyrighted" or by a band that requets their live music NOT be shared. I got started with the "trading" community doing BnP, Vine and Trades. BnP is where you send Blanks and a self addressed stamped return mailer to a trader and they burn copys of the discs in their collection and return them to you. Vines (and trees) are organized methods of sharing by passing music through the mail to be copied. I must stress that this is all done with the approval of the artists and not all artists allow taping, trading, and/or downloading. However there are many, many "taper friendly" bands. Some of the most famous bands included are The Greatful Dead, Little Feat, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, Govt. Mule, Phil Lesh, Widespread Panic, Ratdog, Yonder Mountain String Band, Drivin and Cryin, The Black Crowes, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, Dave Matthews, and many more you may not be familiar with. OK, I'll admit that Bit Torrent is not for the feint of heart, requires some time learning the methods and practices, and can lead you DIRECTLY to the dark side! But if you follow the narrow path and be careful it can be VERY rewarding! Where it all began for me and a great place to hang out and get started is the Allman Brothers web community, Hittin' the Web. VERY friendly place to hang (a lot like venturerider and my other favorite place to hang, klrworld) and lot's of people willing to help you learn and get started "sharing the grooves"! Drop in, sign up, get started and you can thankl me when you get your first CD or DVD! http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/ In the "Music" forum check out Adopt-A-Newbie, Trades, and Vines. Trades and Vines are an unbeatable low tech way to get started in live music collecting. In "Trades" there are often "freebies" offered just to share and send out good karma. In "Vines" you can sing on to a Vine and when it's your turn the person before you sends you a package with CDs and/or DVDs and you copy them and send the origianls on to the nest person after you on the vine. Easy Peasy! http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=index&gid=21 Here's a few more good links to get started if you are ready to start a journey. Just beware, it is VERY addictive! Bit Torrent Clients and Info I use ABC but uTorrent and Vuze (formerly Azureus) and BitTornado are popular. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol) http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/ http://www.bittorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide Some Music Archives http://wiki.etree.org/ http://www.archive.org/details/audio http://www.archive.org/details/etree http://bt.etree.org/ Dime doesn't always accept new users, but it's a GREAT site http://www.dimeadozen.org/ The Traders Den is another Great site that I frequent. They have some GREAT FAQs there about Bit Torrent and suggestions for BT clients to use and where to find LEGAL music. Check out the info on BnPs, Vines, Trees, and Loops. These are ways to trade and aquire free live music and vodeo via US mail without the risk having to learn all about Bit Torrent. http://www.thetradersden.org/ FLAC is a common "Lossless" format for CD quality music shared on the net. You may also find SHN files. http://flac.sourceforge.net/ http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/shnfaq.html In addition to CDs, there are tons of DVDs out there too. Great Vintage concerts that were filmed by an audience menber or a PROfessional and may have been broadcast on TV or the original, or a copy, or a copy of a copy, etc. (this is where you will see the term "gererations" to describe how many generations from the origianla copy is). I've found great, rare, old video of most of my favorite bands such as The Eagles, James Taylor, The Who, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, The Allman Brothers, The Greatful Dead, Jethro Tull, and the list goes on and on and on. Now all this is pretty much Windows PC specific, but the general idea applies to MAc, I just have necer had a MAc and don't know specifics. I did read the Vuze (formerly Azureus) has an osx version for Macs. Have Fun!