Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 9 results

1. Eventually plan on buying block off plates for anti-dive. My question is this: Does just unplugging the anti-dive have the same effect or is there a side effect to doing this? Thanks Edit: Already have Progressives up front.
  2. The installation of a set of Progressive Fork Springs in my 87'VR brought the "New Bike Feel" back to my 24 year old motorcycle. My bike corners and stops like it never did before! Needless to say, this was some of the best money I have spent on the "old girl" in quite some time. The other issue that I have been wondering about is the amount of electricity the front Anti- Dive Units were drawing off of the battery as they activated EVERY time I engaged the front brake. I did notice that my lights would dim somewhat when squeezing the right front brake lever. Well recently, I machined a set of 1/4 inch Stainless Steel block off plates to remove the electric Anti-Dive Units from the front of my MKII VR. I installed them and am glad to say that they worked flawlessly, the front end does not dive when coming to a stop, due to the addition of the Progressive Front Fork Springs. The big improvement was the savings in electrical power that I am saving by the Anti-Dive units being removed. Plus it cleaned up and streamlined the front forks in the process. If this is something that might interest you and you have an MKII VR (1986 to 1993) then try this link for some pics. http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3332&title=first-genmkii-vr-s-santi-dive-block-off-plates-21&cat=22 If you have the MKI VR (1983 to 1985) and are interested, try this link for some pics. http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3329&title=first-genmki-vr-anti-dive-s-sblock-off-plates-21&cat=22 With the removal of the Electric Anti-Dive Units from the front forks of my 87'VR I have increased battery power to the lighting system on my bike, Cleaned up the look of the front end, and noticed NO difference in the lack of front end dive when coming to a stop light or hard braking since I added the Progressive Fork Springs. Basically, I removed a set of valves that were no longer needed with the addition of the Progressives. If you have questions about the install, please feel free to PM me. Earl
  3. Would had posted on the original thread by Skydoc but thought it would be best to start a new one. I have been considering purchasing the anti-dive blocking plates from Skydoc; essentially removing the anti-dives system from my 86. Can't really think of a good reason in doing so otherthan eliminating the needed power they require. Already have the Progressive springs installed. So, I have the following questions. 1) Does the anti-dive system draw any power when the front shocks aren't under an increasing load (diving)? 2) How much power does the anti-dive system draw when the front shocks dive (max draw)? 3) By making the front shocks stiffer which reduces the dive, doesn't that fact alone reduce the amount of juice the anti-dive system draws? 4) And I suppose that by eliminateing the anti-dive system, that doesn't eliminate the ability to use the CLASS up front (increase/decrease air pressure). 5) Last question. As all us 1st Gen owners know, whenever the rear brake is applied, which activates two 1157 stop light bulbs, is when the voltmeter really drops. Whether stopped or moving, activating the rear stop light affects the voltmeter the same. I've installed a couple really good bright 260 degree LED bulbs in the tail light and notice my voltmeter doesn't drop one little bit when activating the rear brake. Having said that, I doubt the anti-dive draws much at all. The question is: Could some convince me that removing the anti-dive is really a good idea?
  4. MK1's. '84 Venture Std. Has anyone removed the brake lines to the anti-dive units? I did this on a '82 Suzuki GS1100 and the braking improved drastically. Right now braking is really vague until much pressure is applied.
  5. I see some people swapping out the front end of their MKI for the MKII front to get the newer anti-dive system. Other than the MKII being electronically controlled, what makes the MKII better than the MKI?
  6. found fluid on floor under left fork, or anti-dive and can't tell which one it is coming from. There is a fluid trail down the fork, but the amount that is on the floor seems to be way too much to be from the fork. The diameter of the fluid on the floor is approx. 4"x6" and just showed up in a short period of time. Is there anything on the anti-dive unit that could possibly leak that much and if so is it brake fluid? I know this is vague and funky sounding but it's the only way I can explain it. Any help will be appreciated. Don H.
  7. I'm tearing apart my forks on my '83 VR. Concerning the anti-dive units on the lower front forks, do I remove the unit from the forks or do I remove the brake line at the banjo bolt and leave the anti-dive unit attached to the forks? Thanks
  8. I have the right anti-dive valve on th front fork that started leaking at the weep hole. Does anyone know how to fix or where to get one as I found none on e-bay. I have replaced the o-rings and that didnt fix problem.
  9. Looking for some expertise. The bike is an 84 with about 55,000 miles on it. I seem to bottom out when hitting a bump especially with two up even when the air pressure in the front fork is set to 16 psi. Some suggest going to progressive springs. Any comments would be helpful. How much are these units worth? There are a couple of threads on front fork springs but none on the anti-dive mechanism. The manual says they cant be overhauled. Has anybody had a go at these units? All advise would be appreciated. Thank you