Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hi all, I am going to fab my own brackets to put Harley cans on my 2011 Venture. Would someone be willing to sketch the dimensions with bolt holes for me? Sincere appreciation would be included. Christopher Kalamazoo, Michigan. 2011 Royal Star Venture S 2003 Honda Shadow ACE 2002 Road Star Silverado
  2. I started working to modify my 2006 RSTD to make it more comfy for my wife and to add a little more storage space for long trips. It is a work in progress but so far I've added a Venture trunk mount with grab bars, a third party Harley tour pack and a genuine Harley passenger backrest. I also found a vintage Harley trunk trim piece that I bought on a whim, for little of nothing but it worked out pretty good I think. I also added Harley hooded trim rings to my passing lamps. I've added a nice and loud Steibel air horn that has gotten folk's atttention on more than one occasion. I plan to add some lights to the trunk mount and get the trunk painted to match the bike. Once that's done I plan to start on a batwing fairing. The jury is still out on which one to go with, but I'm kind of a penny pincher and am considering the Stealth at USA trailers. I also added some Road King pipes that sound really sweet! I've got less than $100 in the slip ons, clamps and fabricated nount! Anyway, I thought that I would share my project with you guys and if any of you have suggestions on the fairing, feel free to send them along! PS. Please excuse my shop! I know it's a mess, but it is warm and dry!
  3. not sure waht the problem could be? i bought this bike over 2 years ago. it sat for a year. but was started twice a month? i bought it rather dirt cheap. i think. $1200. since then i installed new windshield, brakes and rotors, new dunlop tires, and put seafoam in the tank and down the carbs, ok now here is the problem. after the seafoam treatment and somoked like hell LOL i let it sit for 2 days and continued to fire it there after. due to a severe knne injury i could not ride it:95: well today i had to move it to my brother inlaws gargae. it sat out side for 2 weeks under a very nice custom cover. i started the bike it would just die and not idle well. i let the choke on about 1/2 way and she ran ok. i then let the choke off it would idle for about 2 minutes and then just chug on down to about 700 rpms. then start to back fire . i would crack the throttle and it would hesitate but then rev up ok. i then took off for the 25 mile ride. to the brother inlaws house. knee brace on. and all. the bike just would not get past 55 mph???? in top gear it would act like there just was no more power to give?? being that its going on good old winter time. and being in bad shape. i dont have time to dig into it. but would love suggestions on whats going on. total knee replacement on friday the 13 th . so time to work on the bike will have to come slowly. unless i find a good shop around here. there is a harley shop here that worked on it once but that shop kept putting my bike back in the shop and took 3 weeks for a tire change and brake job. can you say they didnt give a **** about me just when i went in there and complained enough they finished it and then had the never to say they didnt want my kind of customer around there shop. now i have to find some good old boy or shop willing to help a old goat get this old bike up and running. it has 77.000 miles and in my honest opion wasent taken good care of after the person i got it from went total harley. no offense to harley owners. but i grew up where no matter what ya rode. if ya see a 2 wheeler broke down along side the road you stopped to give help. and yes i also own what harley owners call the girrlie bike a 883 huger.. well enough will any one help a old goat:innocent-emoticon:
  4. Last week a few friends were coming home from Sturgus, our friend waz (is) 75 on an Elec Glide just put $5k in it. They stopped for a break in Kansas and said lets pic it up a little we were doing 75-80, got up to 90 when we looked back he waz not there. Turned around went back cars were stopped around him , he was unconsince ribs broke arm all scent up from road rash. He is in the hospitial in Kas. Havent heard yet how he is doing.. Check out Google. Harley Death Wobble. Never heard of it before..
  5. I just got done installing a tour pack on my 07 RSTD. Not very staisfied with the pack. It's a little small and cheaply made, but it has some cool LED lights. I think I will install a Harley tour pack when I find one that won't break the bank. What do you think? Mark
  6. Which Harley exhaust fit the RSV ? Road King only ? Will exhaust off a 2008 Harley Street Glide Fit ?What should I do take pics and measurements ? I can get a set cheap.
  7. I have a question for the brethren, it's about my Harley. As some of you know I have a '79 FLH Electra Glide that I'm working on getting back on the road. I want to install an oil pressure gauge onto it, it had a cheap one, with the plastic compression fitting tubing. I want to put a good quality oil filled gauge that will stand up to the vibrator. I also want to use a braided stainless line from the oil pump up to the gauge which will fit up in the fairing or on the handle bars. If y'all have some links or personal experience I'd love to hear from you. I have 2, 4 day weekends coming up for Christmas and New Years and 1 of those weekends are going to be spent doing nothing but working on my Harley....Thanks in advance for your help with this
  8. The last two sunday mornings while flipping the channels I have found a show title LA Rider. Wondering if anyone else has seen this. It's a female named TW riding a harley and touring Louisiana. I think I saw a midnight venture in the commercial for the show. Anyone know?
  9. Does anyone know where I could obtain a free Harley Service Manuel for a 05 Harley Roadglide? Want to do some re-caming. After riding the 06 Venture like too have the same sensation of speed on the Roadglide.
  10. I just received this from a friend and I thought some of you would be interested..... Subject: Fwd: Don't go Bear Hunting with a Harley Huge Grizzly killed by motorcycle… Now those are claws!!!!!! Can't you just see the expression on the bikers face just before impact! Can you believe a motorcycle killed this HUGE GRIZZLY? This grizzly was hit by a Harley on Lolo Pass. This is the pass between Lolo , MT and Kooskia, ID. Lolo Pass , elevation 5,233 feet (1,595 m), is a mountain pass in the northern Rocky Mountains on the border between the U.S. states of Montana and Idaho approximately 25 miles (40 km) west-southwest of Missoula , Montana . It is famous as the location where the Lewis and Clark Expedition crossed the summit of the Bitteroot Range via the Lolo Trail on their outward and return journeys in 1805/06. Look at the claws! http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic http://f1608.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f37235%5fAELci2IAAK1NUJ0F7giEc31L3uA&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic The biker spent three days in the hospital! The hog's a wreck! Lesson learned Don't go Bear Hunting with a Harley - they're only good for one hunt!
  11. Just wondering if there are other Harley riding members on this forum. I had Royal Star Tour Deluxe before I bought the Harley 2 years ago. I realize there is some Harley bashing that goes on. I've probably even done it myself, but it doesn't bother me. I know all bikes have their benefits and drawbacks.
  12. While killing some time at a local Harley shop before the Pig roast Saturday I saw what I believe is the perfect 200 mile and under bike for me. It's the 2010 Harley Fat Boy Black Corduroy Wooo Hoo what a sweeeeeeeeeeeet bike only thing I'd change is the chrome handlebars and headlight ring Yup... flat black and brushed aluminum ... ZERO CHROME!
  13. Hi guys after reading a few posts about installing RK mufflers I started looking for a set and found out a friend had a set off his new bike sitting in the garage so he said I could have them. So I picked them up and found them to be cat free so I couldn't wait to put them on and got started. The stock pipes came off easy but I had to work the harley pipes over some to get them to slide on where I wanted them. After I got the pipes on I was trying to decide what to do for a mount then it came to me just use the stock mount so I fired up the die grinder and cut the mount off and the clamp cover and welded them on the harley pipes and there you have it factory looking but much much better sounding harley mufflers and I would have never known I could have such a good sounding bike for free
  14. are there any brackets available for muffler conversion RSTD to harley pipes?
  15. I've looked at the previous posts on adding a fairing to a RSTD. I really like the looks of the stratoliner deluxe fairing and was wondering if anyone happened to know how much modification would be necessary to make it fit an RSTD...I've seen the ones that look like a harley fairing, but am wanting a different look... Any input? Thanks!
  16. First of all, don't judge. I traded in my RSTD a couple of months ago for a 2012 Ultra Classic. It's a beautiful bike and a blast to ride. Nothing against my RSTD because I loved that bike to, I was just looking for something different. Anyway, I'm sticking around this site because of the knowledgable folks and because everyone is so nice. I know there are a handful of folds that have Harley around here and I was hoping to get some advice. Oil is a huge topic regardless of the type of bike you ride and it seems everyone has an opinion. I've pretty much decided to stick with regular mineral oil, not synthetic. This decision was based on the fact that I've ran regrular oil in every machine I've ever owned and never once have I had an oil related issue. I'm a 2500 to 3000 oil change guy so I just fail to see what the benefit is of paying the extra money for synthetic. That being said, what are you Harley riders' recommendations for regular old mineral oil in the engine, primary and transmission? Thanks guys. Les
  17. Latest news on the Tsunami Harley is that the owner doesn't want it back. He would rather see it used as a memorial for all those who died or lost their homes and family. It is to be shipped from Victoria to the Harley Davidson museum in Milwaukee. After a year under salt water being bashed about in the ocean I doubt it could be restored. It will make a good memorial left as is.
  18. I removed the old Harley lights off the back of the bike this afternoon. I installed them last year, and since putting them on, I have had to replace two battery's. Okay this is the question Strip lights are LEDs ( Diamond R's) the Harley lights are 1157 bulbs, I ran them together to the brake lights wiring at the license plate housing. Was that the wrong way to wire them? Did I need a Converter for the LED's?
  19. http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-Harley-Davidson-Touring-FLH-AFTERMARKET-LICENSE-PLATE-HOLDER-W-LIGHTS-/200732096643?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ebc90b883
  20. In a small group ride, I rode behind a set of Twin Harleys, His and Hers. They were exact duplicates right down to the last rivit....beautiful bikes. The colors were the only difference. Every accessory added they had to pay twice. They even sound the same. That was all I hear for the next 8 hours of riding. The Thundering of the Famous Harley. I could not even enjoy the throaty sound of my 91 VR, when hitting my throttle for the Harley Thunder drowned my 91VR out to liken an electric bike. Next time, I'll lead and show them what progressive springs are all about...
  21. “When your dish goes out, you can’t study game film. When you can’t study game film, you lose to Alabama. When you lose to Alabama, you get depressed. When you get depressed, you buy a Harley. When you buy a Harley, you meet hot, young ex-volleyball players. When you meet hot, young ex-volleyball players, you go on joy rides. When you go on joy rides, you end up in a roadside ditch. Don’t end up in a roadside ditch.”
  22. A great story! http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Island+dealer+help+return+Harley+that+rode+tsunami/6552187/story.html
  23. The Gov signed it into affect yesterday. Helmets optional. I saw a guy on a Harley at lunchtime riding without a brain bucket.
  24. Phantom Wife's car is paid off this August and she still says I can buy NEW bike so I took out the 2012 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited Saturday morning.She seen it at the Harley dealer when she went shopping with oldest boy a couple weeks ago and she liked it.Well she actually like the Pearl White Electra Glide Ultra. Seemed kind of tight for the driver and arms started to ache in shoulder area.This was only after 20min ride--might be alright if set up to me . Also stopped in to the Yamaha dealer to see about the Venture which was posted as normal price of $19,999 BUT ON NOW FOR $19,023 which includes $145 payday payment warranty/taxes/freight/p.d.i./administ.but they are only offering me $3800 for my 2000 Roadstar Silverado 1600 fully chromed and options with 85,000klms. Not sure if this is a good deal for trade or not any ideas??