Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 13 results

1. I bought an 87 venture royale this spring that has been stored for two years. The owner said that the carbs were redone before it was put away.( Cost him 750$ .. I didn't see the bill) Anyway, I brought it home and have been playing with it ever since. There was fuel problems and I finally got the bike running. I put in seafoam, and naphtha and it starts up and runs not too bad.. but I think it is not firing on all cylinders. I hooked up my carbtune and I get no response from cylinder # 1 left rear . No vacuum at all. When started it up this morning, I checked the exhausts and the left rear got hot very quickly and the other three got slightly warm in the time I ran it. I checked for vacuum after changing the lines to the carbtune with the same result as before. I have just pulled the plug and it was slightly damp and somewhat black. This is where I am at now. What should I do now? Any specific tests , and order to help trace down the problem(s)? Help!
  2. After bleeding the foot pedal brake (91VR) both front and rear, now the rear brake seems to slightly drag. Put it on the center stand lifted up on the foot break pedal both the front and rear tire seems to spin freely. After pressing on the foot brake pedal, then letting it free the foot pedal does not come up like it used to. The front tire spins freely, but the rear tire was slightly harder to spin and the rear brake light stayed on. So I continued riding with my right foot under the brake foot. That seemed to be enough to release the rear brake. Any suggestions.
  3. OK folks...I know it's winter and some of us are already going into parked motorcycle syndrome but some of the jokes over the last few weeks have started shifting slightly over the PG line. Please keep it clean.
  4. I hooked up my Morgan Carbtune last night trying to get this 93 up and running, and it will not pull any of the sliders on the Carbtune up at all. If you rev it up, still nothing, but on deceleration they move slightly. Anybody have this issue before? I keep the Carbtune in its case, but maybe it needs cleaning? Or is it something with the bike? Thanks for any ideas. I have a Vmax, so I know the Carbtune is properly hooked up.
  5. I need to get a set of pilot jets for my 83 VR. It seems there are several styles of jets that will fit. Which Mikuni carbs are on this bike? It is BS 30/96, KBS 30/96 , KVM 22/210 or KVM 22/486? The pilots are slightly different between these and probably won't interchange. This site seems to have good prices on jets. http://www.psep2.biz/pages/catalogs/search/U2t1U3RhcnRzOmpldHM=/3/search.aspx
  6. For those that kept asking where I got the holder, here is the link and info: Called BareFoot Willies, the 1" type, but when you get it, go buy a couple of longer bolts, tilt the cup holder up slightly. The saddle bag lid will hit if you do not slightly tilt it up. http://www.barefootwillies.com
  7. Just did my 1st carb sync with my Morgan Carbtune. WoW! When I first hooked up and did initial readings, 1&2 were slightly off, 3&4 were slightly off, and both were slightly off from each other. I first thought that this was a waste of time as all were fairly close to each other, but "what the Hey" I'd bought the Carbtune and might as well try. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked, and then I balanced 1&2 to 3&4. Even the idle smoothed out. When I ran the bike the difference was obvious-even the rumble/backfire was considerably reduced (looks like next job is the AIS). The job went smoothly thanks to the great instructions from Freebird and Kbran. Isn't this forum great!!!
  8. With reference to following thread(s) ... [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43130]Update on Clutch "I" basket - VentureRider.Org[/ame] I have now received my "I" basket, installed it, and tested it. In fact, we had a fantastic sunny day here on the "wet"coast, albeit just a tad chilly (6 celcius) so I got a day permit and put on around 200km. I am so happy to report that the WHINE is all but GONE! ... The "I" basket swap has eliminated appx 70% and now is only slightly noticable. YIPPPEEEE! oh yeah... as promised... here are the pics of the MONSTER TOOL I made to hold the basket in order to undo/tighten the nut. Sorry, I ain't sellin it nor am I givin it away... it's worth waaayyyyy to much!
  9. Hi everyone. I have read some posts on this have tried many things? My front right signal will just flash slightly and rear will flash quickly. When I used my 4 way flashers back will blink correctly front will blink slightly. I have replaced both front and rear with what is suggested by the Yamaha. I also have cleaned out any corrosion and applied dialectric grease. Any help will be appreciated. Screaming Red
  10. This weekend my father and I visted a local Honda/Yamaha Dealer to have some new Avons balanced on his Valkyrie wheels. While there I was talking to the service manager. We have been friends with this gentleman for awhile. I was discussing with him my new RSTD and about the reaccurring problem with dry hubs and clutch whine. My clutch has not developed the whine yet. He said just wait it will. He told me that he has been fixing them with modified stock clutches for a few years and it seems to do the trick. Back to my original statment. I told him that I had recently taken my bike in to have the rear end cliking fixed. He asked me if I had them check the axle. I told him as far as I know all they did was grease the splines, and it has been working fine. He said he has had many Ventures/RSTD's come in with this problem. After greasing the splines the owner would come back a few months later with same problem. (They are using Moly 60 by the way.) After a while he got to noticing that the axles were bent slightly. He started cheking them when they come in for first go around and noticed that alot of them were not torgued correctly. Yamaha did not give a correct torgue specification for the rear axle and this was causing the axle to get bent slightly. This was not on all, but on alot over the years he stated. He told me to bring it in if I wanted and he would check it for me. Thoght I would pass this on to you guys in case you wanted to check it out.
  11. They just had an earthquake around L.A. said it was felt down to San Diego and slightly in Vegas. Doesn't seem to be anyone hurt so far. Hope you all are ok out there. Margaret
  12. I'm thinking that something like this is just what I need to make the rear end slightly more visible. Now tell me you didn't see me coming!!! . . . . . http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/AKRefugee/Rearend%20Lights/lightsonbackend.jpg
  13. Has anyone changed out or know someone who have changed their rear running/brake light bulb to the brighter so-called halogen bulb? I know they're not really halogen, but they are brighter and slightly hotter. If anyone has, have you seen a degradation of your tail lens? Thanks in advance for your responses!