Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I have a kinda weird problem with my '09 RSV. It sat for 2 months and the bat died on the start attempt today when my friend who was storing it went to drive it back to me. Then when he got it running, it stalled out a couple of times and he thought he ran out of gas. He topped up the gas and got it to my house finally but as he came off the highway it started to run rough again. So much so that it would only stay running with full choke and any attempt to add power would cause the bike to die. I drove my buddy home in my car and when I got home 2 hours later, I tried the bike again and it fired right up with choke. However, any attempt to take the choke off and it would die. Also, as the bike warmed up, it started running rough, even with choke on. It almost sounds to me like it's missing on a cylinder or two, but I have little experience with this V4. All my previous bikes were twins. The bike was bought new in May and only has about 3000 miles on it. I was thinking that maybe it picked up some bad gas and the carbs are gummed up? Maybe run some Seafoam through them? I can't drive it right now due to a busted ankle, but if i have to I can get the dealer to pick it up. It's got the warranty after all. Hmmm... i just had a scary thought... is it possible that when my friend boosted the battery, he could have maybe fried the ignition module? Anyone ever heard of this happening with the RSV? I don't recall any specific warnings against it in the owners manual or on the battery compartment lid.
  2. Mornin' folks, On the 8th of july I bought a 2008 venture. Now have 10200 miles loged and the rear tire seems to be wearing away really fast. Two questions, How close to the wear bars can I run it and is the stock tire that came with the bike the best? Don't seam like many miles to be worn out already. Thanks in advance Herb:Venture:
  3. If I turn on the key, and the run switch, the fuel pump will not cycle. I unplugged the connection to the pump, used a circuit tester, and confirmed it is getting power to the connection, and is cycling for about 5 seconds on start up. Plugged it back into the pump, and got nothing with cycling key and run switch off and on. However, did notice the connection started to get hot. Unplugged the connection, ran jumper wires straight to the fuel pump plug, and it just sparks, does not pump at all. Is there a way to rebuild these? Or just replace them? Thanks
  4. Guest

Car Tire ??

Has anyone ran a car tire on a RSV? I have a 2000 and would like to find a car tire for the rear. I used to run one on a Valkyrie and really liked it. Thanks, Oldman
  5. Well we are on a roll now. Last Saturday the lazy half of my heart restarted so I am on 6 days and counting now.:dancefool: This is the longest stretch of running on all 4 chambers since September when this all started. Since Sept there was a one day run, and a 4 day run and now this run. Hoping it will just stay running this time.
  6. Noticed bike losing power a little. Yesterday it gave up 1.5 miles from the house. Thought it might be clogged filter. Nope. But I will change it anyhow since I got it out. Bypassed the pump and bike fires right up. WILL NOT run if fuel lines are connected to pump. Is it safe to run it by gravity feed?
  7. What oil do you run for winter driving? I was thinking maybe semi-synthetic 5W-30 oil. I am planning on commuting to work on the bike this winter here in
  8. I know that somewhere in this site is a thread about how to properly clean a windshield and what to use but I can't find it. I have read about the use of Pledge cleaner and a 210 cleaner are these good products and are there others? Has anyone used Rain X to let the rain run off. I worry about getting a rainbow effect when the Sun hits it. What does everyone carry with them in there bags for cleaning?
  9. Jim has been nice enough to give me the part number for the disk brakes on the rear of the trike. In the past most of us started out with Brembo's and they kind of wear fast They say now that they have had better luck with the EBC FA266 HH pads and can be purchased at local motorcycle dealers. I found that they will run from 25 all the way to 36 bucks. (for two) I did some research today and found them at Amazon for $33 a set free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=EBC+Brakes+FA266+HH Shipped from Power Sports
  10. We left home bound for Sikeston, MO this morning and about 20 miles from home running 70 mph on the parkway the bike just died like it was out of gas. A little sputter and dead. I coasted to the side of the road and checked everything. Kill switch was good, kickstand was up, ignition switch seemed to work, full tank of gas, fuel pump seemed to run, etc. I tried cranking it but it wouldn't fire. We set there a couple of minutes and I pulled the choke out and and tried again. It would fire and run a couple of seconds and then die again. I repeated this several times until it continued to run. So I assumed I had some bad gas or something. I rode on to Bardstown, about 50 miles and stopped a Walmart and got a can of Seafoam. I ran two tanks of gas with the Seafoam treatment as we continued on to Sikeston and we had no more problems other than very poor mileage. Riding two up and towing the Unigo at 70 mph I was only getting 30 to 32 mpg in 92 to 95 degree heat. Is there anything else I should check? Dennis
  11. I have an aux fuel cell connected via a valved T between the Main/Reserve selector and the fuel pump. Can I use that at Maintenance Days to run my bike if I take the tank off? Do I need to short the fuel sender unit or something? Dave
  12. Does anybody know what exactly Stabil does to gasoline so that it doesn't go bad? I know that it makes some bikes run a bit funny....why does this happen? Frank D.
  13. Hello everyone! I am a proud new owner of a 1997 Tour Deluxe. Clean bike with only 24,000 miles. Previous owner had not ridden the bike in a couple years and according to him he was having carbs issues when he decided to sell it. Told me he had a mechanic come to his home, pull and clean the carbs?? The bike did start easily when I went to check it out, due to the weather, time of day and not being familiar with the area I did not take it for a test ride. I did ride it onto the trailer to bring it home. Now the bike will start and run with full choke, no matter how long I let it warm up it will not run without full choke. Driving down my local rural road it will come up to speed, but does not run smoothly and has some decel popping, not sure how much of this popping is caused by having the choke on? I have some motorcycle carb experience, I have removed and cleaned the carbs on numerous 1100 Honda Shadows and 1100 V Stars, but I have never done anything on a 4 cylinder bike. 1) how hard is it to pull the carbs on this bike 2) any tricks I should know that will save me time and headache 3) anything I should watch out for when pulling the carbs..like springs or screws and such that can pop off or fall out 4) last but now least....Do I really need to pull the carbs??
  14. Hello everyone! I am a proud new owner of a 1997 Tour Deluxe. Clean bike with only 24,000 miles. Previous owner had not ridden the bike in a couple years and according to him he was having carbs issues when he decided to sell it. Told me he had a mechanic come to his home, pull and clean the carbs?? The bike did start easily when I went to check it out, due to the weather, time of day and not being familiar with the area I did not take it for a test ride. I did ride it onto the trailer to bring it home. Now the bike will start and run with full choke, no matter how long I let it warm up it will not run without full choke. Driving down my local rural road it will come up to speed, but does not run smoothly and has some decel popping, not sure how much of this popping is caused by having the choke on? I have some motorcycle carb experience, I have removed and cleaned the carbs on numerous 1100 Honda Shadows and 1100 V Stars, but I have never done anything on a 4 cylinder bike. 1) how hard is it to pull the carbs on this bike 2) any tricks I should know that will save me time and headache 3) anything I should watch out for when pulling the carbs..like springs or screws and such that can pop off or fall out 4) last but now least....Do I really need to pull the carbs??
  15. This is my first shot at you tube,, lets see if this works.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9dMc2d9lMU&feature=context-cha]Motorcycle Trip 1012 Utah Mountains with Bonneville run on 83 Yam Venture.. - YouTube[/ame] and here is the mighty 83 on the Bonneville [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubdyZ9VP7qE&feature=context-cha]1964 - YouTube[/ame] I tried!!
  16. My fuel pump won't run on it's own. Does fine when wired direct, but won't run in the circuit. The positive wire has momentary power when I turn the key on with the pump disconnected. So where might be my issue. It actually left me stuck just one block away from home tonight.... not nice, although it sure was quiet riding it downhill for about half the distance.
  17. I just got my trike, never rode one for any extended distance, I find the ride a little harsh, so I have a couple of questions. First a little info about my trike, It is a 93 Venture Royale, with a Motor Trike kit installed by the factory in 99. One of the previous owners added air bags that are hooked up to the class system. It also has progressive air shocks. How much air should I run in them and what air pressures do you reccomend in the tires. Mine are radials, and right now they have 20 lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  18. Anyone have carfax that they would be willing to run a report for me?
  19. I finally got home from over the pond and decided with all the warm dry weather to get the 1st gen out. Guess what? it wouldn't run without the choke on. If I tried to rev it up it just died. Bit of history, 86 Venture Royale. 36,000 miles, stock with the exceptions of upgraded fuse block, I put the aftermarket CDI box on it (bought through Dingy). Progressive springs, fork brace. After all the mods last year, I rode it for 18 miles and it ran great. I drained the carbs, put stabil in the gas and it sat until today. I drained the old gas out of the tank and put new in replaced the fuel filter, and tried to fire it up it wouldnt run without the choke on. Today I pulled the carbs, and cleaned them fully, I did find one of the little plugs in the carb on the bottom of the main jet block kind of looking mushy. ( they were new a year ago with a full carb overhaul. (Done by a carb re-builder) I replaced it with a new one from a kit I had left over. I tried it again and the same thing. Pulled the carbs again and made sure everything was good. The diaphrams are new last year, I replaced the plugs, checked for vacuum leaks and bad plug wires didn't find anything wrong. It still wont run without full choke. I even put the known good stock CDI box on and tried it. Still don't work. I am out of ideas to find the problem. I dont use the gas with the ethonol in it. can anyone help? rjjammer
  20. Big Bob and I went out this evening to fill up the bikes to be ready for the morning lift off. Guess who's bike won't run? Yep...mine! Fuel pump for sure. Tried all the tricks banging on it, key off and on, nothing no noise just nothing. It does get hot though when we try and start the bike up. BTW the bike will run a little until the gas is gone from the carbs. We have been out and about trying to get an after market one. The good stores are closed...ie NAPA etc. So tomorrow AM I am heading the bike shops and see if they have something lying around I can use of hit those other stores. Our Yamaha dealer folded up two months ago...perfect huh.
  21. For anyone who might be interested there is a video of the Saltspring Island Toy Run on you tube. There are also pictures on face book at shutterjunkie and saltspring toy run. I don't know what they are as I am not on face book and don't want to be.
  22. http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6985I mounted my Stebel in front, I made a bracket from scrap that mounts above ( I slid it behind) my driving light bracket. I did run a clear hose on it and will in the future find some chrome plumbing and bend it up and run it into the fairing to keep dirt and moisture out of the horn. http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6986 http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6984
  23. Sailor

Toy run

Had a great toy run here yesterday. We started with 40 bikes two years ago, got 80 last year and 120 this year. Hoping for 150 next year. Not bad for a small island. Last year we raised $2000 and a truck load of toys for underprivileged kids. I know we did better this year. Got to get a lighter Santa suit though. The one I borrow is heavy duty and it is hot, hot, hot in August.
  24. Anybody know where I can get an antenna and bracket? Mine broke las t week while doing a 400 mile run thru Michigan. Thanks
  25. Is this true on a RSTD? They will run poor with the lowers removed...affects air intake flow....and they will bog at speed. I took the lowers off to check the cruise control and did a cable adjustment. I took it for a ride to test it without the lowers and it runs like crap! It Bogs down. It will idle fine and run gread at full throttle but bogs in mid range. Could running without lowers cause this? Mark