Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. So thoes of you that have a leather flap. Where did you gt it? do you have pic's? (for second gen.) I can't seem to find any that I think would fit our wide fenders and look good.
  2. WARNING: Do not read while drinking beverages !! PETA Crashes Biker Gathering… Not to be missed… Posted on August 29, 2012 Try to read this without laughing out loud… H/T Mike Hoy What a wonderful coming together of two diverse groups! We need more gatherings where the idiot activists are given warm, moist, aromatic welcomes like this one. This is why PETA usually protests women wearing fur rather than bikers wearing leather. Sounds to me like the old saying, “you mess with the bull, and you get the horns”. Gee, I guess these characters thought that Bikers where going to be politically correct like the rest of the wimpy world. HERE’S HOW POLICE FOUND ONE OF THEM. file:///C:\Users\KICMAI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.jpg Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers “duct taped inside fast food restaurant dumpsters,” according to police officials. “Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activists, “growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats,” decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event “in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats.” “In fact,” said the organizer, “motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it, ergo, they should stop.” According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960′s era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting “you’re murderers” to passersby. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began. “They peed on me!!!” charged one activist. “They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me ‘La Trene’ and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!” Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers “farted on their heads.” Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed “surprise” at the allegations. “That’s preposterous,”said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. “We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome.” When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activist’s meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and ‘farting on their heads,’ the organizer declined to comment in detail. “That’s just our secret hand shake,” assured the organizer. “Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.” Yes, it did. What went wrong is that, at some point in your life, you became horribly, horribly stupid. Link to article below: http://rightlinksblog.com/2012/08/29/peta-crashes-biker-gathering-not-to-be-missed/
  3. I bought a 2011 Silverado about a year ago when there were some great rebates and discounts but being the cheapskate that I am I decided to NOT pay the extra for the leather interior. Not really a big mistake but I decided that I wanted a leather interior in it for christmas. After a lot of research I found that the leather interior from the factory is only partially leather. No matter, in searching I found that Katzkin (in California) made the best fitting and best overall quality replacement. They are not seat covers but replacement fabric for the seat. Hope I like it because it will be redone next thursday as well as heat in both seats.
  4. Because my pants are too tight or because my leg is too short, or BOTH, I scuffed my seat with my boot the other day. Twice. They won't come out. I tried leather (saddle) soap, leather polish. Even hand soap. It won't come out. Any home remedies.
  5. Betcha' can't read this without laughing... What a wonderful confluence of two diverse groups! We need more gatherings where the idiot activists are given warm, moist, aromatic welcomes like this one. This is why PETA usually protests women wearing fur ~ rather than bikers wearing leather. Hey! "You mess with the bull, and you get the horns". Gee, I guess these characters thought that bikers were going to be 'politically correct' like the rest of the wimpy world. HERE'S HOW POLICE FOUND ONE OF THEM: Johnstown, PA (Glossy News) - Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers "duct taped inside fast food restaurant dumpsters," according to police officials. "Something just went wrong," said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. "Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong." The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, "growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats," decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event "...in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanting to use leather in their clothing and motor bike seats." "In fact," said the organizer, "motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it, ergo, they should stop." According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960's era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting "you're murderers" to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began. "They peed on me!!!" charged one activist. "They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me 'La Trene', and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!" Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers "farted on their heads." Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed "surprise" at the allegations. "That's preposterous, "said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. "We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome." When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and 'farting on their heads,' the organizer declined to comment in detail. "That's just our secret handshake," assured the organizer.
  6. just saw them on there, looks like they have 3 for sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-YAMAHA-STAR-MOTORCYCLE-VEST-/140671131055?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9083682475525833443&_qi=RTM1084481
  7. i just want to say to every one i know how important leather and ridding gear is. but today i was behind two bikers who where in full leather. at a stop sign. well one of them started to kind of rock side to side on his bike. i thought he was just doing it to keep his balance. when all of a sudden the bike and him tipped right over to the right. right into the biker next to him taking both bikes down to the pavement, the one ridder managed to keep his bike on the crash bar. the other one did not look good at all. by the way i put my flashers on and got out to help. i called 911 and the ambulance attendent said it looked like a heat stroke? the guy was screaming in pain his arms and legs cramped up so bad they had a hard time getting a needle into him. we pushed his bike off to the side of the road. and called his brother to come and get it. nothing major broke on the bike. sso just saying be safe out there we all like a nice day to ride but it,s 91 out here today. and that heat can kill you.
  8. Anybody else having trouble not being able to get Leather Ups web page to work. try this and see if it works for you http://www.leatherup.com/
  9. I am NOT taking about when you got drunk and rode naked....Yes....me too ! I did have my shoes on !! Or about helmets. I just purchased a Kaw. Versys and joined their forum. These guys dress for war.... a lot of " made for motorcycle "(Kevlar) coats, pants and boots. I DO have some textile coats and Sidi ( spelling ?) boots from my BMW days and a couple leathers coats, chaps and leathers pants.... BUT..... I wear mostly jeans ( I just ordered 2 pairs of Diamaond jeans ), a tank top and steel toed boots. I carries a leather shirt on the bike for that day it's not full leather coat weather. One thing I always wear are some type of glove. What are you wearing ? Cb
  10. Its no surprise thay my leather bags look weathered.I park my bike in the driveway mostly uncovered, and my bags look dull.What cam I do to clean impurities and protect out.I was thinking blavk shoe polish
  11. I know most of the discussions on here are regarding WARM gloves, but I bought a pair of gloves about 6 years ago at a rally. They are short soft leather gloves...and I love the gloves. But I have tried to find them online to no avail. I went to one of my local bike shops (Drasco Trading Post) and found a pair almost like the ones that I bought 6 years prior. They are Deerskin Gloves made by the NAPA Glove Co. These gloves are very well made and have a soft inner liner. They are very soft and extremely comfortable gloves, and I just wanted to take the time to recommend them to anyone that is looking for a LIGHTWEIGHT, SOFT LEATHER glove...you won't be disappointed with these (or the price). Here's a link... http://ridefashion.com/pgroup_detail/30641_Napa_Driver_Style_Deerskin_Motorcycle_Glove Just an FYI, I don't like the fingerless gloves....if and when I wear gloves, I prefer to glove the entire hand. Wally
  12. I've worn a hole through mine and wondered if anyone is still making these. I think the guy in FL that I got mine from is no longer making them. If no one has any ideas then I will probably bring my old one to a leather place and have them fix it or use it as a template to make a new one. If I had one made would there be any intrest in this.
  13. A few weeks ago I found a set of Hopnel accessory bags listed on Ebay. They were double ugly but I went ahead and bid on them anyway.... and I got them cheap.. After receiving them I used Farnam's Leather New on them. I wasn't sure if they were leather or nauga hide, but figured what the H.. Below are the Before and After pics. They came out pretty nice... They came off a '99RSV so now all I have to do is figure out where they were mounted??
  14. Looking for a stock narrow "Tank Cover part#4XY-2171A-00-00" without any pouches. Does anyone have one just laying around that you've removed when upgrading to a leather one with pockets ??? If it's the right price, I'll pay shipping costs. Thanks, Mike
  15. I once ask a question about riding boots and got this reply. Motorcycle riding boots that are made well should have a wide and thick sole with tall leather tops. Thick sole - to help protect from the very hot blacktop surface. Wide sole - to help stabilize you when stopped with a heavy bike. Tall leather tops - to protect you from the pipes and the motor heat. I bought a pair of Harley Davidson boots and took the copper/brass emblem off from the side of the sole and replaced the emblem with another that a friend made for me that said Yamaha. They say HD on them high on the boot but it is covered by my pants.
  16. Hi you guys! I've gotten to know several of you and I can only say THANKS! for spreading good cheer about my work. A friend who owns a Midnight RSV asked me to incorporate his wood grain trim gas tank piece into a bib. We came up with something that surprised me with its simplicity and usefulness as he wanted a VERY small pocket at the bottom to hide his heating gear wire. It looks very cool:cool10: I'm not good with photos on this site so please take a look at the Ace High Leathers Facebook page if you want to see what it looks like; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-High-Leathers/164529240257266 Keep in mind that you can do close to the same thing with your Yamaha leather bib, just remember to clean the leather well before you stick it on and cut it with a pair of sharp scissors if need be. Thank you Dan S for the idea! Ride Safe, Nanci, Ace High Leathers
  17. Months back someone had a link to a small custom leather company that made leather gas cap covers to fit RSV. Anyone know what it was or know of gas cap covers besides the Yamaya one? Thanks, Mike G
  18. I am sure I saw someone at one time who does leather work. But my rememberer is not so good. lol I would like them to Pm or phone me. So we can talk...............Ron
  19. Just got my ironbraid.com leather covered chrome plated levers installed today. They turned out great! I have the two toned 2009 Venture and so I had the leather braids done in cream and black...turned out really well. I also cleaned and lubed the clutch and brake while I had them off. Here are a couple of pictures, sorry about the quality, I used my iPhone (didn't want to break out the camera). By the way...what does the adjustment screw on the brake adjust? the brake light?
  20. I've seen on some mc club bikes a braided line off the left or right hand grip that almost touches the ground. Looks like a long leather pony tail....what's the purpose if one?
  21. EBAY's deal of the day. Not sure of the quality but I ordered one... http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Mechanics-Leather-%26-Casual-Jackets---11-Styles/360356083612?_trksid=p1468660.m2000036
  22. Put new graphics on the bike, It really looks good.Hundred bucks well spent. Now I need to find out the member who does the windshield leather work.......Ron
  23. So...after I got my $180 dollars back from the bank on my chargeback, I decided to start a journey. Here is a breakdown of how I spent my money that I got back after Troy stole it from me. I started by buying a half hide of upholstery leather on Ebay for $56 dollars. After receiving the leather, I then trekked out to the garage and made some quick templates. Took me about 1.5 hours to make the templates. At first I was going to take the cut out of the hide to an upholstery shop to sew them up, but it was a rainy day. I decided, to learn how to sew. I went down to Target and bought a sewing machine for $79.99 + tax, then headed to Hobby Lobby to buy some upholstery thread and leather needles. (They didn't have the leather needles, so I opted for the heavy duty all purpose needles.) Total Cost about $12. Then I went to Advanced Auto and bought 18 ft roll of trim for $12. I, then read the manual on how to set up the sewing machine and thread it. (It has been since 1993 in Home Economics class since I have sewn.) So, away I went... I knew I still had enough left over leather to screw up 3 times... So, I started with the Tank Bib, since that was just pretty much a straight sew. It came out really nice, I was quite impressed with my natural ability. Took me 5 minutes to sew. Then I started with the Saddle Bag Bras. These were a little more difficult, but I was still able to sew them up and trim them out in about 45 minutes. I learned a few things that might have helped. The leather that I bought was a little thick. It made it hard for the trim that I bought to go over the seams. It also was not very plyable. It worked great for the tank bib though. I also learned that I might need to redo the patterns, because as you can see from the pics, they are not a PERFECT fit. In the end, it does work for me. I may take another crack at it, and maybe some more leather projects, as I have quite a bit left over. All in All... This is my point.. If Troy would have had the templates already made. It would have taken him less than 1.5 hours to cut, sew and fabricate my order. Remember, I am a rookie and it took me that much time after I made my templates. In my opinion, he is a scam artist and he just takes payments ahead as a steal. When the pressure is put on, then he comes through. My materials cost me less than $80 (plus a sewing machine). If he really had my materials like he said, he should have sat down and sewn the order. So for 160 dollars, I am quite satisfied with the outcome.
  24. I think I have found the perfect custom leather work for my motorcycle. Aces High Leather has completed my first job and it is posted on her website at http://www.acehighleathers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=56 My bike is the bottom mud flap and I am going to have her do one for my Roadstar also. another picture is also located at http://www.acehighleathers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=54 She is great and the turn around time was less than a week. Can't beat that with a STICK. I am going to use her for all my leather work. Rick A A Man of Few Words.
  25. OK...since I have began to REALLY enjoy and like this bike, I have been "making it my own". In the recent weeks I have added some leather fringe, electric gloves (Gerbings), changed out the Tank Bib a couple of times (see pics) and added a Gas Cap cover (yep-covering up that chrome). The leather Tank Bib and Gas Cap cover were done by a lady that rides a Tour Deluxe and I think is a member here...but not sure about that. Anyway, she made me a fancy tank bib, but I also wanted a plain black one (which is what this one is). She does VERY GOOD work also. Windshield is next...I am getting the F4 Customs shield. I just wanted to share some of this with the members here. Wally