Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Going to have to do a clutch job here soon on the 2nd Gen . Trying to decide on the Barnett conversion with OEM fiber disk , or PCW HD Clutch Spring kit with extra friction disk ? Have nearly 30K on the '06 , 8K pulling trailer . I'm starting to fill a little slippage in the clutch when I do a hard acceleration . I can baby it and it's OK for a mild trip . But why take a chance on making the it worse . I heard PCW is cheaper in price to do , but I want better quality (not knowing which is better), so cost is not an issue . I have not done a clutch job in over 30 years , so kinda out of the loop , you might say ! TIA BEER30
  2. Lessons learned while riding my bike (and living life): I was just making a quick run to the store to pick up a couple things. Three blocks from my house a stupid cager suddenly turned left in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. I was really angry. Come to find out this was a 19 year old single mother who had just got off a 9 hour shift at her minimum wage job and was rushing home to fix dinner, throw in a load of laundry, and try to spend a few precious minutes with her children before leaving again for her second job. I needed to top off the tank before heading to a friend’s house. Total was $8.22. After having to speak up twice to get the clerks attention, I handed him a $20. It took him three tries to get my change correct. I stomped out wondering about the younger generation and what this world is coming to. Angry again. Come to find out this clerk is a 25 year old college graduate who is still living with his parents because, after two years of looking, he still can’t find a better job. Seems like he is in the same place as when he was 16 years old, except now he has $45,000 in student loans coming due and no idea how to pay. Not going anywhere in particular, when this idiot takes my lane on the freeway. Hard braking, swing to the right, almost too far nearly hitting the guard rail. Was that a damn cell phone in his hand? There’s no excuse for that you dumb, ignorant,…..! Furious this time! Come to find out the driver is a 60 something year old gentleman who was really looking forward to retirement next year. The phone call was from his broker who called to let him know that his savings he had worked and sacrificed for all those years was just gone. No one’s fault, just gone! I pulled up to a stop light when a bum comes rushing over begging for some spare change. Just whatever you can spare to help a guy out. Hell no! Get away from me! Why don’t you get a job like the “rest of us”? When is this light ever going to change? Come to find out this man is a son, a brother, a husband and father of three. All who love him dearly, but he just can’t get past the addiction that makes his life something out of your worst nightmare. He’s tried, he really has. But real help is always just out of his reach. A beautiful country lane on a sunny day, looks like a Norman Rockwell painting. I would be enjoying it a lot more if it wasn’t for the old fart and his wife in front of me driving 20 mile per hour. He’s taking up most of the road, pointing out sights to each other. Why can’t they get off the road if he ain’t going to drive that thing! Really irritated! I have places to go! Come to find out they are childhood sweethearts who have been married for almost 50 years and are looking at the places where they grew up. Remembering their youth. They are taking their time because her biopsy report says they will never get the chance to take this trip again. Yes I get angry when I ride, especially when someone does something stupid and puts my life in danger. But I chose to be there. I put myself in that situation. And my “problems” aren’t worth mentioning.
  3. Talk about ingenuity and using odds & ends to make it work.........This guy did a Great job on this one.
  4. Once again I find the manual lacking enough info for a lowly so-so mechanic such as myself to get a job done without help. Is there anywhere on this forum that has a good description and hopefully pictures that can take me through the dismantaling process of the front cowling so I can get to the steering head bearings which I need to change. The quick fix of tightening the steering nut was not good enough to remove looseness. Bought roller bearings from Skydoc for the job. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. A fellow Deputy, Police Advisor and co worker was killed Christmas Eve here in Kabul Afghanistan. Not only do we have our brave young soldiers out there in harms way, there are hundreds of US Police Officers embedded with these soldiers, training and mentoring the Afghans. These men and women are volunteers, they live and work with our US Military doing a job that is rarely recognized. Please give a nod and a prayer for the familiy of Joe Griffin, and another for all our people over here. May you all have a safe and happy new year. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20476093/p
  6. Just finished this morning replacing my rear shock. easier than I thought went through the right side did not remove tire. Not a bad 2 hours job.
  7. I was recently at a car show in Palmyra N.Y. when I came across this crazy built up Royal Star. Its running nitrous and everything. Incredible custom work on the tank and what a paint job. Even has neon light. Is this one of our members? has anyone else ever seen this before outside of New York State?
  8. So my brother, Steve, and I were driving around in the country and we came upon one of those hills that at the right speed make your tummy feel funny as you go over the crest and Steve smiles... so we turn around , go back to try it again and all of a sudden he giggles... now if you know Steve... well, anyway he turns it loose and we are really getting up a head of steam and I'm thinkin' of asking him about the turn right after the peak when he starts giggling again... I knew to cinch up my seat belt. As we reached the crest we went up... and up... with the road turning off to the right, we both rather knew that this was different. The hood was pointing to a big green thing that finally registered and my right foot tromped onto the imaginary passenger brake pedal. Steve, still staring ahead calmly said, "This will probably really mess up the paint job.", and giggled. http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/upatree.jpg
  9. Well as some may remember, Wife, youngest daughter, and I moved to N.C. almost 3 months ago now. Well after the dust settled, we started looking hard for work. I scored first by picking up a job running a earth mover (scraper) for a place just North of us, 52 miles one way. I workeded for 2 weeks with 3 other guys, who all found this job on craigslist. The boss made lots of great promises and told us all how great his company was, and how well we were all doing, But at the end of 2 weeks he couldnt pay us. We then discovered that it was only a 4 week job and he did this to a crew before us. We were all done. We all felt pretty dumb for falling for his BS. We all had to make a dozen calls to people and eventually got our pay 6/7 weeks later and of course we were shorted with only about 50% of what was promised. I swore then that Id never take or even look at craigslist for another job and went back to other methods. After about a week and half of not working, I started to get real nervous again, and a fella called me about a mechanic's job. I have all the tools and used to do this also. He said the guys that worked there made between 55 and 60k a year. I was pretty excited. I loaded up my tools and went to work. I worked there for 3 weeks and discovered he, also wasnt on the up and up. We was on call for 24/7 and wasnt making much. Calculated up my hours verses pay and it came to about 6 dollars an hour. I busted my tail for them too- wanting to show how dedicated and a hard worker I was. During the time I was there I asked him how he got my info- said that I had answered his ad on craigslist, ( i put in so many apps that I was no longer sure). Did I mention Dont ever even look on Craigslist for a job?? Well during my last week there and while I was waiting for my first check (paid every 2 weeks so had to wait almost 3 to get one) I got a call from UPS. I talked to a very nice man named Junior, he was interested in me for a machanic spot that had just opened up. After 2 weeks of interviews and tests, I found out that I was chosen out of the other 7 or 8 apps. I am very excited to say that I start Monday! I will be doing what I like, for a company that has been around for 105 years. I get benifets, and can join the union after 45 days. Meanwhile wife has found a job, working in a office for the second largest construction company in the state, they love her and it looks great. Daughter also found a job with a computer tech company that works with airports around the east coast. her job really looks good also. So after a long scary past year and a half since wife and I both lost our jobs in Michigan, things are looking good and we're very excited about the future again!!
  10. LOVING IT!!!! I told our sales manager that I'm ALMOST ashamed to take a check for what I do... Notice I said almost...I mean lets face it, to get paid to talk to people about ATV's, utility vehicles, Sea-Doo's, motorcycles & BS with the customers is a great way to make a living, oh the pay so far has been WAY over expectations. Oh the best part is helping ppl get the best deal & seeing the smiles on their face. Meeting ppl and just talking about riding has been awesome.... I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, it's just that I LOVE my job!!!
  11. I'm back after a summer filled with starting a new job and getting Kelley off to college at NKU (Northern Kentucky University). I have only put about 500 miles on my bike this summer and wanting to put more, but haven't had the time. Getting Kelley into college has been a headache and money filled adventure of it's own. I just never knew what it took to just fill out the financial aid application alone on top of everything else just to get her there to learn. Finally got health insurance so I am able to ride more, didn't want to take the chance of going out and something happening. Thought my girlfriend was going to leave me because we haven't logged any real miles this summer! Really like my new job and think I have finally found the place where I can do the kind of work I like. BIG commercial plumbing jobs, even though I had to cut my hair and my beard, but a much needed job nonetheless. Any news that I need to know since I'm 500 pages behind? Still don't have the time to look through all of that!! Anyway glad to be back and look forward to hearing from you soon! Mark
  12. OK, I talked to two different guys at the International about having parts chromed. But as usual, can't remember their screen names. Need info on where to send parts to be rechromed. Don't want a cheap chrome job done that will peel and flake in a year,but don't want show chrome either. Anyone with info on where to get this done, it would be appreciated. Thanks
  13. I'm going over my 87 Standard, trying to resolve this miss that the ol' gal acquired. While I'm at it, I'm changing the carb diaphragms, which has needed done for a while, small holes in the first two I changed out. (A much easier job than I thought it'd be) I got a set of replacement spark plug wires, and a set of used coils on the way just in case I need one. The coils don't seem easily accessible, and I'll need to get at them to replace the wires, and I'd like to check the coils themselves while I'm at it. Do I need to remove the entire fairing, or can I get at them by removing the battery or what? I'm sure if I do a search I'll find the checkout procedure for the coils, but if anyone knows the quick and dirty on that, please lemme know. I'll also take a look at the plug for the TCI that I've seen mentioned so much. Any info on not making more of a job of this than need be would be appreciated. Thanks.
  14. Had it done yesterday and they were perfect. No adjustment needed. They did sync the carbs though. Whole job was $391. 5.2 hours labor.
  15. that I may be going to work as a salesman at our local MC dealership... IF you are a praying person please pray that I will get this job IF it is Gods will...This would be a dream job for me.. The $$$ is good but not important at this point in my life, it's finding something that I love to do... I love MC and people associated with them so this could be a great fit.. I have been semi-retired but I find that I have to much time on my hands, I've worked all my life since 13 so it's hard to go from working to not doing much.. so I need something that will keep me busy...thanks in advance for your prayers and support
  16. Hello Everyone: Thought I might ask. Are their any members that need a job or are retiring and might consider relocating to Western Nebraska? I feel we could help in the search for a job. Some jobs start at $14/hr. My parents property is for sale or rent? (3) homes on 8 acres. Main home is 3 bedroom, 2 bath with central air. 22X60 block garage. Two mobile home rentals. Live in one rent the others to make the payment. 3 hours away from the Black Hills or Colorado mountains. Small town, 2500 population, Good schools, friendly people, clean air and no traffic. Arid climate, temps cool off at night.
  17. I want to put in a platform and sidewalk. I'm sure I won't be able to mix enough concrete to do the job in one fell swoop. Is is okay to add new concrete to concrete that has already set?
  18. I've had a few people wonder why I got back into biking some years back when money was and still is so tight these days. My career took a major hit 20 years ago and another one 10 years ago, so we have had to watch every penny, especially since my wife finally had to retire. I work at a crappy, frustrating job (commission only) that pays $12,000 in a good year and about $4,000 to $5,000 in a poor year (One good year in the past 7 - mostly poor to fair for the rest) with not too much available in retirement funds. At 64 years of age I can only hope to retire by the time I hit 75 - if I'm lucky. Now, as has been pointed out to me - I could sell a couple of bikes and a car (Only need one car if I don't work) and with the insurance and maintenance savings and selling the house, I could retire now - and sit at home watching TV all day! No thanks! I enjoy riding - the bikes, the open air, the people - everything! The house will hopefully be sold this year (It's bigger than we need, but the market is crap for this one around here) but I'll keep the job. Why? Well, as I've told others, I want to live not just survive. The day will come soon enough when all we can do is sit and watch. I'd like to try and enjoy life with my wife while we still can. We have had some tough times and made a lot of sacrifices to make sure that our girls had a good education (They each have a University degree and a college diploma) so that they wouldn't get nailed like us. Now we want to enjoy life as much as we can. So why this story now? My neighbour Ben, a good old fashioned Italian gentleman turned 75 this year. He was still working at his job (Low stress - selling men's clothing in a high end shop) and trying to save up for a better retirement after he and his wife put their two girls through school. Well, I found out yesterday that Ben has been diagnosed with Leukemia - this after having heart problems for the past 12 years. I've always tried to help out (Clean out their driveway every winter since he can't and paying to have it done gets expensive in a bad winter.) but there's not much I can do to help him now, except be there for him. So ... I continue to not put off having some fun with my wife (Awww come on - get your minds out of the gutter!) on the bike and enjoying life as best we can. I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but Ben is and I'm sure he would appreciate knowing others were praying for him. So you're welcome to send a few his way. He may not be a biker, but he is "good people" and deserves a break. Thanks, Andy
  19. Attached pictures of Tweety's pinstripping job done by Jaybird at MD on Saturday. Jaybird & his wife do an excellent job and at a fantastic price. Don donated Tweety Bird stuffed bird to my cause. Gary
  20. I suppose it was just a matter of time, but I have been laid off. My company, despite having almost 50,000 employees across the world, cannot keep me busy. I'm not surprised, because despite looking for two months, I can't find a company hiring for my core job (airport planner). My last day is next week some time. I get benefits through the end of the month. I would like prayers for a successful job search. Clearly, this is more than I can do alone. But mostly, I would like prayers for my wife, Jamie. She worries much, and I know this will tear her up. She is blameless in this, has faith in me, and is my support. She deserves the calming presence that prayers can provide. Keep her in your thoughts, please. As I write this, my mind goes back yet again to the accident we recently had. She doesn't remember it--she has amnesia--but I cannot forget listening to her screams of fear and pain. I feel so much guilt for that, and now, this. I guess I need some prayers for peace of mind and perspective. Thank you, Dave
  21. Whats going on with Grass? My scoot gasoline budget is being sucked down the carb of the lawn mower. This crazy weather hot with rain everyday? I think the grass growing is setting off the motion dectectors in the yard.New Son-N-Law had a grip on it but since he took that job cutting and grooming a golf course the last thing on his mind is my front yard when he gets home.Five more gallon please $$$$.
  22. I changed my iPod name to Titanic. It's syncing now. When chemists die, they barium. Jokes about German sausage are the wurst. A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran. I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time. How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me. This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore. I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down. I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words. They told me I had type A blood, but it was a Type- O. A dyslexic man walks into a bra. PMS jokes aren't funny, period. Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations. Class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz. Energizer battery arrested. Charged with battery. I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me. How do you make holy water? Boil the hell out of it! Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils? When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me! Broken pencils are pointless. I tried to catch some fog. I mist. What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus. England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool . I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest. I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx. All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on. I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough. Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes. Velcro - what a rip off ! Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy. Venison for dinner? Oh deer ! Earthquake in Washington obviously government's fault. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure. Be kind to your dentist. He has fillings, too.
  23. Just a short vid of my Ventures stable mate,the factory pinstriping was hideous ,looked like speed bumps under the clear ,I think this is better [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5h6GLw86SM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Stratoliner paint job - YouTube[/ame]
  24. Well, I guess I am done with doing all thr things I wanted to do to the bike so now it is time to start with the trailer. I have already rewired and replaced all the lights. Repacked the bearing so now it is time to slap a paint job on the thing to match my 2000 MM. Let's hope it turns out.
  25. hello all on my 1999 rsv the rear brake caliper has frozen and i can not get the plungers to move anyone that has one from a trike conversion have one thay would let go cheap i have been out of work for 6 months and dont have a lot of money. just started new job this week and bike only transportion i have. thanks for any help bumble bee kevin wisor lexington sc