Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. any one interested in meeting and eating at bass pro in january on a saturday? it would be a one day deal . we haven't done it for awhile. let me know if your interested. if we get enough response i will set a date. we will meet their about 11 am and eat at the restaurant at bass pro and head for home. it's quite a place to see if you have never been there.
  2. One of the things that stand out about our recent trip to San Francisco is that on the way there we pulled off the interstate to eat. We had to stop for a red light before continuing to the restaurant...there on the corner was a panhandler. Not the typical panhandler as we both commented on his attire, which was actually pretty nice (better clothes than what I was wearing). We continued on the restaurant...where we sat outside. While eating, Belinda said "look at that"...it was the panhandler coming to eat, too...getting out of a Lexus! I know that many of these people need help, but when I'm driving a Corolla and he is driving a Lexus...I'm just saying!
  3. dunvilsteev

Eats

A couple of places worth the ride: Fish & Chips - Minor Fisheries in Port Colborne on West St. right along the Welland Canal, has the BEST fish&chips ... either pickerel or perch fresh caught from Lake Erie. Makes Port Dover look like over priced crap... oh yeah 5 or 6 piece perch dinner $8.50!!! Roast Beef on a Bun: Tally Ho Restaurant on Main St East in Hamilton, smothered in gravy, fine sliced heaven on a bun!! Fancy Shmancy place: Niagara College has a culinary course, the students also run a restaurant that is overseen by chefs. It is called Benchmark, and a $25 plate at a high end place goes for about $17 here. A little cheaper, but fancy food .... ie lamb, steak etc.
  4. This was written by Robert St. John, executive chef and owner of the Purple Parrot Cafe, Crescent City Grill and Mahogany Bar of Hattiesburg , MS. Thirty years ago I visited my first cousin in Virginia . While hanging out with his friend, the discussion turned to popular movies of the day. When I offered my two-cents on the authenticity and social relevance of the movie Billy Jack, one of the boys asked, in all seriousness; 'Do you guys have movie theaters down there?' To which I replied, 'Yep. We wear shoes too.' Just three years ago, my wife and I were attending a food and wine seminar in Aspen , Colo. We were seated with two couples from Las Vegas . One of the Glitter Gulch gals was amused and downright rude when I described our restaurant as a fine-dining restaurant. ' Mississippi doesn't have fine-dining restaurants!' she insisted and nudged her companion. I fought back the strong desire to mention that she lived in the land that invented the 99-cent breakfast buffet. I wanted badly to defend my state, my region, and my restaurant with a 15-minute soliloquy and public relations rant that would surely change her mind. It was at that precise moment that I was hit with a blinding jolt of enlightenment, and in a moment of complete and absolute clarity it dawned on me -- my South is the best-kept secret in the country. Why would I try to win this woman over? She might move down here. I am always amused by Holly wood 's interpretation of the South. We are still, on occasion, depicted as a collective group of sweaty, stupid, backwards-minded, racist rednecks. The South of movies and TV, the Holly wood South, is not my South. This is my South: "My South is full of honest, hardworking people. My South is the birthplace of blues and jazz, and rock n' roll. It has banjo pickers and fiddle players, but it also has BB King, Muddy Waters, the Allman Brothers, Emmylou Harris and Elvis - and Leontyn Price. My South is hot. My South smells of newly mowed grass. My South was kick the can, creek swimming, cane-pole fishing and bird hunting. In my South, football is king, and the Southeastern Conference is the kingdom. My South is home to the most beautiful women on the planet. In my South, soul food and country cooking are the same thing. My South is full of fig preserves, cornbread, butter beans, fried chicken, grits and catfish. In my South we eat foie gras, caviar and truffles. In my South, our transistor radios introduced us to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones at the same time they were introduced to the rest of the country. In my South, grandmothers cook a big lunch every Sunday, so big that we call it dinner (supper comes later). In my South, family matters, deeply. My South is boiled shrimp, blackberry cobbler, peach ice cream, banana pudding and oatmeal cream pies. In my South people put peanuts in bottles of Coca-Cola and hot sauce on almost everything. In my South the tea is iced and almost as sweet as the women. My South has air-conditioning. My South is camellias, azaleas, wisteria and hydrangeas. In my South, the only person that has to sit on the back of the bus is the last person that got on the bus. In my South, people still say 'Yes, ma'am,' 'No ma'am,' 'Please' and 'Thank you.' In my South, we all wear shoes....most of the time. My South is the best-kept secret in the country. Please continue to keep the secret....it keeps the idiots away."
  5. Just wondering about a BBQ place in Johnson City Tn. It's called Firehouse Restaurant. Anyone have any input about this place, thinking about Riding over some weekend to check it out. We live about 3 Hours away.
  6. If anyone is in the Western NY area, Bongobobny and I and our wives are going out to dinner at the Hearth Restaurant on April 16th (Saturday). If you would like to attend, go to the calendar and sign up. Dinner is at 6:00 PM. The restaurant is located in Chaffee, NY on Rt 16 opposite Pioneer Motorsports (one of our sponsors who will be at Freebird's MD) BTW...do you have your order for parts and safety chrome, sent to Chad yet, so he can bring them to the MD?
  7. Leaving for Daytona soon. About 10:30. Ill be at the speedway about 1 pm. JRichard should be there as well. Maybe some lunch at US-1 restaurant in S. Daytona then over to the mess on Main St. Cant believe im up this early.....
  8. Tomorrow Nov. 11, 2010 on Veterans Day, the Texas Roadhouse restaurant near me is offering a free "Early Bird" (4:00 to 6:00 PM) meal to our military, active or veteran. My offer (by email) is valid only at the Fishers, Indiana restaurant, but I would guess that if you check their main web-site there will be something there for other locations. Other VR members in the Indianapolis area may want to take a trip to Fishers. Must provide proof of military service. I will use a copy of my Honorable Discharge. It's only 44 years old. The DD 214 is getting a little faded.