Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Does anyone know if the chrome front fender extension piece are interchangable on the MKI sv MKII?
  2. Hi new to the forum .... Love the info here to maintain these bikes . I have a 2005 rstd. And just received the chrome fender tips . Bought these tips new from eBay and save over 120.00 from buying them here in Canada. The question I have is how to install them without scratching the paint job on the front and rear fenders. The bike was just presently repainted and I want to avoid any damage. Any ideas or suggestions would be a great help.
  3. Has anyone done an installation of a chrome rear fender tip, the "Official" Yamaha fender tip that requires drilling holes for the mounting bolts? I installed the front fender back of fender tip with no problems. My question is how much "Stuff" would I need to remove to have access to the rear fender to be able to drill holes in the proper locations. I'm sure I would need to remover the bags, but how much of the other hardware must be removed? Thanks!
  4. Thom

OOPS

Santa (AKA) Fender Lizard was VERY Nice to to me this year
  5. Well the checks of my Trike have revealed its first problem. When I picked it up, I was told that a small dent was discovered in the front fender which was believed to be caused by the light-bar falling on the fender during a performed repair. After driving it home I discovered that the small dent is now a crease in what was my beautiful fender. Sooooooo... Anyone who has had their Venture converted with a Hannigan kit & EZSteer - Have you had problems with your light-bar hitting the front fender on hard bumps due to reduced clearance between the bar & the fender? I have a call into the previous owner... Before I attempt to fix the problem, I need to know if the reduced clearance is from the EZSteer install or some lowering adjustment performed. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Anyone know where I can get fender damage repaired like I have? Thanks as always - here are some photos. show two dents & ridge mark across fender shows small clearance problem
  6. I have a '99 Royal Star 4 into 4 exhaust, I have found a hitch but as another option was wondering if I could get a hitch and 2 fender rails from a Venture or RSTD and use those. Are the rails strong enough to use alone without the exhaust support brackets and will the mounting holes on the fender be the same (9 1/4 in.)? This site is a wealth of info, thanks Michael.
  7. What would you think would be a good fair price to ask? 2008 RSTD blue and black. Added trunk.passing lamps.highway pegs.saddle bag rails,harley rear brake light,grips and pillow top seats and also driver back rest also have chrome front fender guard but not on yet. Check out the picture's I'm thinking $8900.00 less then 10,000 miles and still has 3 years left on warrenty. Joe
  8. Hi all, I am trying to find a part number for a vender or tank and not the whole assembly. When I look on star's site it list all the parts but it does not seem to list the actual fender or the tank. I want to just replace the fender and tank and do not need all the other parts. Ebay is not an option since this is for insurance purposes. Appreciate the help. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/mytruck1.gif
  9. Been looking for a ""Rear Fender Luggage rack"" for my new 08 RSTD. OK, came up with nothing, but sombody on this site had posted a part number. "" STR-4NK51-20-00 "" This rack fits in place of the passenger seat, for a Solo Set Up . Also it was stated that this Yamaha Accessory has been discontinued. All True, !! I found an accessory vendor web site that listed that number , with a photo of the part, and statement that is was indeed " discontinued " OK-- SO ?? I stopped at a dealer today, and had the parts guy run the number on his computer system, and check parts warehouse's. He found, 4 of them still in Variious Dealer, Stock, around the country. One was in Reno, Nev. !! He hands me the phone, and I order it from the Dealer in Reno !!! ( Its being shipped to me as we speak !!!!! ) OK, so what ??? He also found that there are 3 more of them in stock at other dealers around the country. !!! If you want one, go to a dealer and ask the parts guy to try to locate one of them ( There are Three Left, Somplace in the U. S. on a dealer shelf ) My charge from the Reno Dealer, was $82.00 plus shipping. I'm sure there are at least 3 members would like to have one of these rear fender racks
  10. Hi folks, anyone know where to find the chrome truss head screws for the chin, side radiator covers and the two very special windshield garnish screws for my '87 first gen? Previous owner hacked mine into rusty little blobs of steel. I've tried fender washers and the like but nothing seems to be as good as the screws that were made to fit. Maybe someone has a stash in a coffee can they would part with? Thanks in advance!
  11. Trying to install my front fender guard. My first instinct is that the guard mounts go between the fender mounts and the tire. Doesn't seem to fit. I wouldn't think it goes between the forks and the fender would it. That would mean that the fender mounts would need to be bent out and undue stress would break it. I'll go try it again inbetween the fender mounts and the tire. Will be back to read suggestions soon.
  12. ...so, I'm wondering what type of maintenance things would make sense while I have a good chance. Backstory: I sealed my driveway a couple of years ago and even though I covered the bike while it was sitting in the garage (apparently not well enough), a couple of gusts of wind apparently blew some of the sealer up underneath the blankets. Well, I've tried and tried over the past couple riding seasons to get the sealer off the paint with no luck. It looks like really fine dried water spots all over. It's primarily on the right side of the bike on the saddlebag, both fenders and the lower fairing. Some did make it's way on to the left side as well, though not as bad. Nothing that I can see made it to the tank. Anyway, a couple of days ago I stopped a one of our local body shops who's owner I happen to know pretty well. I asked him if he'd be willing to give me an opinion on what to do. He and one of is body shop guys took a peak. They tried some 'high power' bug and tar remover with no luck. They agreed that whatever got on there apparently etched itself into the clearcoat and the only way to fix it would be to wet sand and buff it out. Well, I'm getting off REALLY easy on the cost but he asked that I bring him all the parts stripped down. Here we are: I removed both saddlebags, complete lower fairing, rear fender (I didn't have to remove the rear wheel), front fender and both side covers. To get the rear fender off I also removed the seats and the bracketting that holds the saddlebags. So, as you can imagine, she's pretty naked. I have a lot of things exposed right now and I thought this would be the perfect time to take care of some routine maintenance. I plan to change the rear fluid but are there other suggestions? How do I grease it up good? Your thoughts are appreciated. Hopefully I'll get my stuff back and can get things back together next weekend so I'd like to take care of stuff over the week or maybe next Saturday. Thanks, Les
  13. ON my RSTD do I need to remove the rear wheel in order to remove the rear fender??? I'm all the way to the point of pulling it off - its completely loose - but these two mounts pictured under the frame where the seat attaches don't seem to allow enough room to lift the fender free. Help would be great.
  14. 1997 Royal Star I've taken off the rear seat back rest and saddle bags making it look like a solo ride. The problem is I took the back rest chrome off leaving the sides of the rear fender with 2 open holes I've seen the chrome eye brows ( chrome strip on either side of rear fender) on road star that go there but I've searched under that and can't find them any where is for any thing!! is there another name for them???
  15. [attach]64269[/attach] [attach]64270[/attach] [attach]64271[/attach] Drill the middle hole of the flap to go over the pin Also remove in that same area the rest of the backing inside the fender tip. [attach]64272[/attach] [attach]64273[/attach] Trim the top away until your happy [attach]64274[/attach] I use a little goop as well (love the stuff) LOL and I also used the clamps to help push the flap tighter agienst the fender I also has to drill the hole on each side just a little bit to get the bolt back through. [attach]64275[/attach] [attach]64276[/attach] Enjoy, Jeff
  16. Hi All, Can anyone tell me if the rear rear fender struts are compatible between the Royal and Road Stars? They look almost identical. I have stripped the sissy bar and rear seat off my new(to me) Royal Star Standard and dont have the crescent shaped fender struts and I need to replace them. If anyone has any lying around they would be prepared to part with please let me know. Any help appreciated.
  17. I mentioned in an earlier thread that my ignition switch has started to go (Have to wiggle it around to get things going). I am now attempting to install a fuse block (ATC style - 6 positions) and some relays (Driving lights, headlight) to avoid a repeat of this problem. I also plan on installing a switched bypass - just in case. In the meantime, I ran across a thread where someone disassembled their ignition switch, cleaned it and reinstalled it. I was wondering if this is worth the trouble? Will it last or die an early death? I read another thread that stated that sanding the contacts might remove all or most of any coating they had leading to an early failure. If this is true, I see no reason to do that much work only to have to replace the switch later. The stores in this area are light on parts so I had to get a 6 fuse block. It's a bit big, and trying to fit it near the battery is tricky. I'm thinking of attaching it by means of a hook and loop fastener to the rear fender just behind the driver's seat. The only other available spot is under the front of the driver's seat over the various vent hoses. As far as I can tell, the seat doesn't press it against the hoses but it is still a tight fit. The fender seems like a better option. I've attached pics of the block and the two potential mounting spots. If I go for the fender, I will have to attach something to the bottom of the block to fit between the existing wires - sort of a smaller pedestal. Squeezing it under those wires would make a fuse change too difficult. Does anyone see a disadvantage to the fender mount? There should be enough weather protection but I could try to fabricate some kind of cover to give it a bit more protection if necessary. Sorry this is so long, but I want to get it right the first time. I hadn't planned on this and had been saving towards the upgraded clutch kit, which I also need. Now this has thrown me a bit of a curve as dollars are a bit tight these days- as most of us know only too well! Andy
  18. The used 99 RSV I recently purchased had a back seat with it, but it wasn't attached. I'm not sure that it is the right seat and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight about a) the seat and b) how to mount it. This one has a rear bracket on it, but it won't reach the back mounting bolt because there is a fender-attached bracket that is raised off the fender about an inch and it gets in the way of this particular bracket reaching the back bolt. Do I have the wrong bracket? Does that make sense? I'm attaching photos of the seat and the back fender to help show the issue. Thanks! - Michael
  19. Has anyone removed the stock rear turn signals / brackets? How bad are the holes left behind in the fender? Are there three holes?
  20. A woman backed into me at the gas pumps and rolled the tip of the front fender under. I can feel a slight crease in the fender back near the forks where it mounts. The crease is hard to see but I can feel it. The fender will need to be replaced. It appears their ins. is going to pay up and I'm waiting on a call from their claims adjuster. An estimate has not been done yet. I'm hoping after the estimate is done they'll wright me a check for estimate, parts and labor. I could then install the fender myself and pocket the labor $. I don't know if it will work out this way or not. Luckily this is my first expierance with something like this. The problem is, I cant find a fender in my color. No, I havent checked with the dealer yet. I'm trying to save a little. 2009 RSV"S" in Seashell/Raven. Any ideas where I can find one?
  21. Stopped to get gas today. I pulled up to the pump and there was a ford ranger at the pump in front of me. I turned off the ignition, Shirley dismounted as I removed the gas cap and set it where the key go's and pull my wallet out. As I'm fishing for the credit card the lady at the next pump decides she wants to look at the prices again, throws it in reverse and I'm taking a ride backwards. Shirley's yelling WOAH!!! I'm not sure what I was yelling, but I was. The only damage is to the front fender and it's toast. I guess it will have to go to the shop for an estimate so I'll be without the RSV for awhile. Hopefully the ins will let me do the work so I'll have it back on the road quicker, and I prefer to do my own work anyway. Normally this would not be a problem since I have a Honda VTX as well. But monday the piston vacuum in the carb decided to split so it's out of commision. Part is backorderd untill at least late next week. I guess I'll keep riding the RSV with a real ugly front fender untill I can get the Honda going. I can't stand the thought of not having a bike to ride. Do I call her ins or go through mine? I've wrecked bikes before but this is the first time someone else was involved.
  22. Hi, I am looking for a front fender rail, front fender light, front spoiler (not sure if that is the proper name for it) and passenger floorboards. I have been watching ebay. Will these parts off any venture 1983 - 1993 fit on my 1985? Are there other years that will fit? Any other ideas where to find these parts? I am sure this type of question gets asked a lot by newcomers. Checked the forum for quite a while and didn't see anything so apologize if I missed an answer already posted. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  23. My 99 Royal Star Boulevard's rear fender seems to be shifted to the driver's right a bit. There is still a little clearance between the tire and the under fender supports, but I am trying to figure how to get it straightened out. I have owned the bike since new, and it has not been down, so I seems to be a mounting issue. I took the fender off tonight (four mounting bolts) and looked to see how I could shim it to shift it a bit. At this point, I am thinking about a spacer (washer) on the upper left bolt. Not sure how much I can shim at the bottom mount points. Anybody have experience with this?
  24. Has anyone put a fender bib on your Tour Deluxe? If so, do you like it?
  25. OK so I have the forks slid up an inch and then installed the barons rear lowering kit. I absolutely LOVE it. It handles fine and I can get my feet flat so i worry less. Only 2 real problems so far...I have dragged the mufflers once or twice leaving the driveway (change of riding habits can fix this one). The other problem is that riding 2 up on one of our fav roads at about 65 there is a dip that caused a strange noise and a rubber smell. Crawled under it and there is a bolt that sticks thru the inner fender about a 1/4 of an inch past the welded nut it screws into. it had scuffed the tire a bit as well. I pulled the rear seat and found the bolt and just put washers under it to shorten the extra amount that poked thru the fender. Hit that same spot today fully loaded with a head of steam and no problem at all! So if you have the barons rear kit you might want to take a look at that bolt. Frank