Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 7 results

1. I am honored to announce that we have added a new moderator to our VentureRider forum. Please join me in congratulating MarCarl to our fine team of current moderators. I am honored that Carl has accepted this sometimes thankless position. I am confident that he will do a great job.
  2. Some people here knew that I lost my job in June 2010 due to business necessity. They did offer me a seasonal job for winters which I took. After looking for a job all summer with no success, they called me back Oct 1,2010 for the winter. In April 2011 they asked me if I would like to stick around for the summer and I accepted. In Aug 2011 they offered my full time postion back with all benifits like I had never left, which I accepted. So...I am back to work full time. At my age tho....I did miss having the summer off and found out it wouldn't take much for me to retire..... If not for the better health insurance,( we was on my wife's for awhile) I could have stayed on seasonal and just collected unemployment for a few months each summer.
  3. Just curious..... I switch between FireFox and Internet Explorer (most current version of each) on this computer and I also use Safari on my iPad2. Now and then I have to do the Username/Password to log in to the site. Here's the query: There are two log-in boxes, one on the left near the top and one on the upper right. When I use the one on the left, my information is not accepted and I am warned that I have use "X of 5 attempts". When I use the one in the upper right my information is accepted and I log in and stay logged in until I use the iPad2. Anyone else have similar problems and/or why one log-in box refuses the information while the other readily accepts it?
  4. After a LOT of thought. Talked to a lot of people, on and off the department. I decided to accept the nomination as Chief. The vote was last night. I was awarded the majority of the votes and accepted the position. This is a volunteer department now so it is not like I accepted something I will retire from. I have been in my town for 36 years. I have a deep seated interest in the protection of its members. The department is long overdue for some restructuring and I have the support to begin that process. Looking forward to changes and working with all our members to structure and build further on what is already in place. Ill never get used to this dang white hat though. It will be hard to not grab a hoseline, but I am ready to fight from a different standpoint. Should be a very challenging, but fun position. Im ready to dig in.
  5. While we were in the parking lot at St. Jude Hospital awaiting our tour guides, a gentleman who came with somone from Ala. approached me and issued a challenge. He was with the North Alabama Riders, which used to be a GWRR chapter. They have seperated themselves from GWRR and have formed a seperate group of wing riders. They wanted to know if we would accept the challenge that they could raise more money for St. Jude than Ventureriders. I didnt hesitate one moment and accepted it, because I know that we are up to the challenge, and second part of the challenge is that they would have not only more donations but more riders coming to St. Jude next year.............I have stepped out in faith on both parts and accepted it knowing full well that we are up to it........ So I am hoping some of the folks who will be hosting rallies, meet and eats and anything else they can do, will to step up to the plate and help us out. We have one year to fullfill this challenge and I am already tossing some ideas around for what I can do at Vogel. Know that this year with some help from many members we were able to raise almost $1900.00 and this was a year where we did not have a Tail of the Dragon @ Vogel to boost the tally, so next year I plan on at least doubling the amount that was raised by my effort. Right now Venturerider.org has rasied a grand total of $12,376.00 over 5 years. If you have any ideas for me or want to throw your hat in the ring, please let me know so I can start a list of who is doing what, I want to be able to document and keep a record of who is doing what. I am also hoping that those who organize something will be able to show up at St. Jude next year and deliver their donations in person instead of me or someone else being responsible for all the donations. :mo money:
  6. WOW!!! I'm sitting here in the office, it's 0530hrs...and it 71 degrees. Man it's going to be a sizziler today. And our youngest's birthday...with a party.. Prayers accepted....
  7. I got my email conformation. The IRS and State has accepted my 08 tax filings now! PLEASE SEND THE MONEY.