Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I just got my new hand pump from Harley. NICE!! Best $60 ever! I have a 85 Venture, its the standard without the fancy compresser and radio:) What is everybody running the front and rear pressure at? I'm 250lbs and I usually carry 20lbs of "EXTRAS" in my luggaage. Looking for the best ride. I put 12lbs in the front and 12lbs in the rear. Felt soft?? Ideas??
  2. So as the wife was driving out of the garage this morning, I noticed the edges of the tires weren't wet (it was raining). the jeep has been riding a little rough since they were were installed. The door sticker calls for 35 lbs and they read 38 lbs. I don't think 3 lbs would do it, and it's not hard to check, but I'm just wondering if the door sticker might be a guideline and correct pressure will vary from tire to tire depending on sidewall stiffness and seven other things. Anyone got any thoughts on tire contact patch??
  3. I checked this out on Snopes and it's for real! AMAZING, SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES: 1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP. 2. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY USING THE SINK. 3. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED FOR A FEW MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO USE A TIMER. 4. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON. 5. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN YOU'LL BE AFRAID TO COUGH. 6. YOU NEED ONLY TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE. 7. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. O.K. So I didn't check it out with Snopes.
  4. Hi, Odd question about air pressure gauges. I have been carrying a stick type for some time and all has been well. The other day I stopped at a tire shop to top off the tires before a long ride. The air hose had a built in gauge and was reading almost 8 lbs different than my stick gauge. Is there that much difference in air gauges? If so, can someone recommend a specific brand or type to be more accurate? I thought about a digital gauge, but I assume it can be just as off. Thanks Dave 06 RSTD Pearl White.
  5. How much air pressure should be in my front forks?? I don't think I have any air in them after checking with a guage. ( 99 ROYAL STAR BLVD. STD.) Any tips on front fork maintance would help, I have never had air front forks before! PLEASE REPLY ASAP! :confused24:
  6. I tried looking for this specific question but could not. When I had my Suzuki Boulevard, I got new tires. I asked the tire guy about whether I should go by the pressure on the side of the tires or what was in the manual. He said always go by what the tire says. I had a new set of Kenda Kruz tires. Really great. I did 40 psi. front and back. So which is the correct pressure to go by? I have an 06 RSTD. Thanks in advance Dave
  7. Hi All, I have bought a 2004 Venture. I previously had Royal Start Boulevard. Here is some finding which I need to fix. Engine is knocking after replacing original oil and oil filter. Wobbles at pot holes or humps. I did correct the tire pressure too. Any Help will be appreciated. Will check for more and keep you all posted.
  8. A while back (2 mos) someone posted a thread showing how you push on the handlebar in a turn. Been looking awhile but can't seem to find it...
  9. Are the plug wires screwed into the coils the same way the caps screw to the opposite end, or are they just pressure fit into the coils?
  10. well i cant get any air to build up. pump clicks but has no output. this bike has sat for a few years. the motor should run not click. so would this be the pressure switch turning it off. and could i disconnect the switch and run compressor. or is the system smarter than i think.
  11. hello all after i put the carbs on from pinwell my stator caskit started leaking so bad i had to replace it when i put oil back in and ran it for a minite or so to ck the oil leavel when i opened the oil filler screw air pressure released i have never seen that before i cked the carnk case beather hose to see if kinked did not see any and now my valve cover gaskit is leaking so bad i sill can not ride it the dealer just adj the valves so gong back to them to fix leak and put on a stator gaskit it is sill leaking also is that normal bumble bee 1999 rsv
  12. A big thank you for a great night and day. The ride Tuesday to the finger lakes was very scenic and planned out with precision. My wife and I really enjoyed having Hot Sex with you guys at the fire Monday night. Excellent job on the shower at Pioneer. Lots of space, great water pressure and all the hooks for clothes and shelves for shower supplies. I was able to buy a progressive or zero loss air pressure pump at Pioneer for my shocks, so hopefully I can now do a little more work myself or even help someone else who may need it. Scary thought me being able to help someone with bike concerns. At least I will have a tool to lend them. I hope the rest of the week is as much success as Tuesday was. Sorry we couldn't stay for the BBQ, but we had to hit the road.
  13. Was reading an old thread about the Kumho Wobble: http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50114&highlight=kumho+wobble I recently put a Kumho on and have the wobble at 75mph. I'm going to adjust the air pressure before I try other things. Looks like air pressure, suspension part replacement, and tightening things up solved this for most folks. Any other solutions?
  14. Hello all. Bad timing for me with most people already left for the International. I was trying to check my rear shock pressure before leaving tomorrow to International and towing my tent trailer. I just bought a hand bicycle pump to add pressure. When I went to take psi I couldn't get a seal and lots of air came out. I tried putting air in with the hand pump and it wasn't going in, I played with the pump and think I broke it. I can not now get any pressure psi reading with the two tire gauges I have. Any suggestions of what to do, or what I broke without realizing? I don't think I will be able to tow the trailer now if the pressure is gone. Any and all advice and criticism is welcome.
  15. I was wondering how much air pressure I should be running in my forks. The guy I bought the bike from ran them with no pressure but I think that is too soft.
  16. Has anyone looked into replacing the oil pressure relief spring with one that would hold the oil pressure at a bit higher level than what is currently used or is this a bad idea all the way around for these bikes (RSV). I know when I was building Buick V6 engines a long time back I would increase the pressure by swapping out the relief spring for one slightly stronger which would run the idle pressure up a few pounds. This running at 8 - 10 psi is crazy only because by the time you see it's off the gauge it's way too late. I was thinking of somewhere around 20 - 25 psi would be nice and a top cruse pressure of around 40 psi hot.
  17. I found out several months ago that the dial air pressure guage I had been using was giving an innaccurate pressure reading. It was showing a higher than actual reading. I purchased a good digital and corrected all my vehicles and trailer's pressures. Or so I thought. After reading a current thread about tire life and air pressures, I started to wonder if I had re-checked my bike's pressures. I usually check them monthly, but with my work travel schedule, time flys and things got off of schedule. I went out and checked them. The rear was at 24 PSI and the front at 22.5 PSI. So... I filled them to 40 PSI rear and 35 PSI front. Then I went for a ride WOW....... it rolled faster out of the garage. It cruised smoooooooothly down the road. Seemed to shift a little easier, turned nicer and just seemed like a different bike. The only down side seemed that the brakes were just a little less. Amazing how just a little air like 16 lbs in the rear and 11 lbs in the front can make such a difference. Next thing you will know is that if I fill the gas tank to the top the guage would show full... Lesson: Check you gauge against another one you know is accurate.
  18. I've owned this 84 Venture Std for almost a year now, and this spring she got a new set of tires. I searched this site for recommendations on tires and found as many opinions as members. I finally decided on Dunlop D404s because they are common to similarly sized bikes and priced right. One of the tires must have had a slow leak...which started this learning exercise. A week or so after installation, the bike began to have a really pronounce wobble from the rearend at any speed over 50, and worse as you speed up. I checked and found the rear tire to be quite hot and the pressure to be ~20 psig . Pressurized up to 50 psig and rode home. I'm guessing that the hot tire and elevated pressure finally seated the tire properly, because the leak has now disappeared. That's what I was hoping for. Lesson 1: The low pressure led to a weak sidewall, which allowed the tire to wobble around...increasing the pressure stiffened the sidewall and returned the ride to normal. Not too long after that, I got comfortable with the new tires and began to push the bike a bit. I then noticed a slight wobble from the rear, while in a sweeping turn at any speed over 75 mph . I played around with the rear tire pressure and found that 50 psig was a bit more stable than my usual 40 psig in those sweepers. That sent me on a search for an explanation of tire ratings. Lesson 2: The rear D404 is rated for 761 lb @ 41 psig, while the bike weighs ~1000 lb with me on it. I should have checked the load rating prior to purchase. My opinion now is that the load rating of the D404 is too low for a bike of this size. Based on my experience and riding style, I will not be putting another set of D404s on my 1st Gen. If you ride slow and take it easy, these tires will be fine...but I like to push it a little bit more. My next set of tires will have a stiffer sidewall and higher load rating. Just thought this might help someone out there that's trying to decide on new tires for a 1st Gen.
  19. After putting in some air into the front forks then when letting out the air, the front air pressure won't go below 7 lbs. Thats on the center stand with the front wheel off the ground. I put the sw to Front, Manuel, Then press the decrease button. The air is let out and the pressure comes down but then stops at 7 lbs. How does one get it down to below 7 lbs.
  20. I don't think any air is getting to the shock. When try to set the air pressure on the class controller to medium for the rear shock the pump runs for a few seconds the display shows 43 psi. But when I turn off the key and then back on and check the rear pressure it shows 0 psi. If I try the high setting the pump runs until it shows 71 psi. but the bike does not raise. It all seems to be working fine with no errors. I would think that if the rear shock was bad it would not build pressure as quickly as it does. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  21. is there a formula or calculation for determining the proper tire pressure in a trailer's tires for varying weights?
  22. Any recommendations on how to get a Trex Deck really clean. Currently I just use my pressure washer. It gets it clean ok, but there are still some dirt left behind. My Pressure Washer is rated at 3100 psi.
  23. Ok, Got the bike up and got the pumpkin off. Splines to the u-joint aren't completely dry, but, not much grease on them. Next question is how much pressure should it take to pull the drive shaft out of the pinion?
  24. Ok, I have Vemon X tires front and rear, I am a little north of 300 lb's and am wondering what tire pressure I should have front and back ? Thanks
  25. My 1986 Venture is showing a fault message "E4" on the screen. I cannot adjust the air pressure any more. I replaced the pressure sensor under the trunk already and I replaced the whole control unit in the dashboard. That fault message is still there. Anybody out there having an idea what has to be done or what part of the system is gone bad?