Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Where's the best place to buy E-3 Dunlop rear tire? The last time I bought one is in 09 for 120.00. Thanks ahead of time for info...
  2. I'm looking to get some tires for my 83. Anyone found a good deal? My local stealer is offering a pair of Dunlop for $269 (pair). and $52.00 for labor. Does this sound ike a good deal? Thanks.
  3. Well.... I've taken tomorrow off for a three day weekend. Tomorrow will be spent bringing my wheel and tire to the shop to have a new rear tire put on. The rest of the weekend will be spent riding. (I Hope). I think I've narrowed it down between the Dunlop D404 and The Shinko 777. Any thoughts on these or should I be looking at something different all together? I'm really leaning towards the Dunlop but just thought I'd pop in for a few varied opinions. Hope ya'll are doing great! Happy trails! Jay
  4. About to order a dunlop e3 from jake wilson . Do we get any discounts? and is this a good price? 160/80B-16 (80H) Dunlop Elite 3 Bias-Ply Touring Rear Motorcycle Tire Part# 1200490004 Our price: $164.99
  5. I just changed the front tire on my 2000 RSV. It was not completely worn out, but it had a slight cupping if you looked closely. When in a steady state low speed turn, I got a little shake/wobble at the handlebars. I researched tire options on this site and decided to go with the MT90B16 "not recommended by Yamaha" option. I purchased the Dunlop Elite 3 in that size. Wow, freakin' wow. Shake is gone (cured by new tire, not necessarily the new size). But the improvement in feel is unfreakin' believable. I currently have a relatively new Dunlop 404 (less than 2K) in the stock size on the rear of the bike. I will put the matching Elite 3 on when it wears out. I know this is nothing new to the guys that have been on this site for a long time. But, if anyone is sitting on the fence about changing to a "not recommended" tire...I'm here to tell you.....JUMP!
  6. On Dunlop's website they list the 404 as good for the 99-10 Royal Star Venture, but it is not listed for the 08 RSTD, so I asked then why I got this back as an answer. "Good morning Mike, Thank you for taking the time to contact Dunlop Motorcycle & ATV. The D404 original equipment tire is different from the after-market tire. The D404 original equipment tire is belted, the D404 after-market is not. The Elite 3 tires are belted and have a heavier load-carrying capacity" Really didn't answer My question but is it just me or does this make sense to anyone . A friend put 404's on his 06 and has no problem at all .. Maybe Im over thinking it ?
  7. Let me make a long story short.....a couple of days after my mini rally held at Pioneer Motorsports, I stopped in to see michella to check with her and see that all was well with them and that we would be welcomed back again next year....Pioneer had another shindig going on and there was a raffle for 3 new motorcycle tires of your choice...Michella asked me if I put in for the raffle...I told her I just purchased a new tire from them 3 weeks earlier and that I wasn't interested..After a little bickering and badgering back and forth she (michelle) filled out a slip with my name on it ....that was that..... Today I get home and I have a new Elite 3 tire sitting at my front door...moral of story....I don't know what it is ,but I am very happy that a friend and fellow member took the time to fill out a slip for me and entered it in the raffle...she didn't have to do that as I buy ALL of my tires from them anyhow...thank you Dunlop and Michelle from Pioneer motorsports...Now I have to buy a matching front tire as I have always run Dunlop 404 www's on my bike..... OK, I have the moral of the story....don't be such a lazy a$$ when it comes to stuff like this, you gotta be in it to win it.... or..... it is nice to be surrounded by good friends who care about you...
  8. Just curious what ya'll are running for pressure (front & rear) on your E3's ... what seems to work best? Dunlop MFG shows max load front @ 41psi and 40psi for rear.
  9. Just pulled off a set of Avon Venom off my bike today.....17500 Miles....could have made it for a few more......I have been happy with them but went back on with Dunlop elite 3 for no reason other then going to try something else
  10. I just got off the phone with the MotorcycleSuperstore.com wanting to order (for the third year in a row), another set of these: (I have been very happy with them!) Dunlop Elite 3 Front Tire Color - --, Size - 150/80H-16 SKU# 157506 On Order $106.99 1 $106.99 Dunlop Elite 3 Tour Rear Tire Color - --, Size - MV85HB-15 SKU# 119995 Approved $130.99 1 $130.99 But, I was informed that the Touring Elite III Rear Tire has been discontinued, and they said that it wasn't replaced with another model. What's up with that? So, I figured that I would go back to the Avon Venoms (which I also like a lot), but they want $76.00 more for the Avons than I paid for the T.E. IIIs last year. Does anyone have any suggestions on a different model comparable to either the T.E. III, or the Avon Venom, or a different dealer I should check-out? I have tried Metzler's, but don't really want to go back to them. Thanks guys & Be Safe! Pete.
  11. Guest

Wobble at 55-60

Ride an 2003 RSV with a sidecar. Have a front end vibration at 55 up to 60. Only there, no other speed. Occurs in 4th or 5th. Straight roads or curves. Bike has 19,750 on it, going in for the 20K in the next couple of weeks. I doubt it's cupping, not willing to believe that-seems every shop says 'cupping' so they can sell a tire. So, any suggestions? I think it's a balancing issue. Front tire is a Dunlop D404F. Thanks.
  12. I ride an 83. the Elite II's on the bike are getting thin and are quite old. I would like a tire with more "grip" in the wet compared to what I am riding on now. The Dunlop D404's look like they have a far better tread pattern for wet riding. How do they ride on the dry as well? anyone running them? Hate them? love them? How about bridgestone S11's? I'd like E3's but they dont make them in venture sizes anymore. I cant find them in 120/90-18 for t he front and 140/90-16 for the rear.
  13. OK so I have these two tires. They are 1,000 mile take offs in perfect condition from my bike. Now I know that the factory dunlops are not the first pick of the litter. BUT if their is a member down on their luck, and needing tires please let me know. I dont want someone who needs tires but cannot afford them to do without, or ride an unsafe bike. Look I know times are hard for lots of folks. Do not be so proud that you ride on bald tires or not ride, or be to proud to speak up. F- Dunlop 150/80-16 D404F R- Dunlop 150/90-B15 D404
  14. I read through the leveling links threads that come up when searched here. My interpretation of it is that these bikes typically sit high in the rear?? My bike sits high in the front. Much higher then the rear actually. I was going to check air in shocks tonight but all my gauges start at 10psi. It is something you could pick out in a picture actually. ?? Is is it typical for the "ride height" to be more in the front then rear??? Or should I see a more pronounced level stance?? TIRES ARE FRONT= Dunlop D404F 150/80-16 REAR= Dunlop D404 150/90B15
  15. for my 83 rear, plan on E3 and looking for MU90B16.(recommended from dunlop fitment guide) Dennis Kirk has a MU90HB16 listed here http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/search.jsp?searchString=mu90b16&store=&resultType=subCategories&x=13&y=7 Question, what is the H in MU90HB16?, For that matter would be interested to know what all the letter/number positions mean. Best I can tell from dunlop site info below is MU90=140/90 H=speed rating 130mph B=unk? 16=assume rim size? Without getting into tire type discussion, would this work on my scoot? REAR TIRESMetricAlphaInch110/90MP854.00 to 4.25120/90MR904.50 to 4.75130/90MT905.00 to 5.10140/90MU85/MU905.50 to 6.00150/80MV856.00 to 6.25150/90MV856.00 to 6.25 SPEED SYMBOL Speed SymbolMaximum SpeedJ62 MPHK68 MPHL75 MPHM81 MPHN87 MPHP93 MPHQ99 MPHR106 MPHS112 MPHT118 MPHU124 MPHH130 MPHV149 MPHW168 MPHY186 MPH
  16. Four questions. Where's the best place to get one? What size do I need? 2007 second gen. Whats the best MC front tire to use with the Kumho? (I like the dunlop 404) or will the dunlop elite II or III going to get me that much better milage? I have 3/16 tread left on the Dunlop 404 rear and 5/32 on a Dunlop 404 front. Am heading to Florida in April to watch the launch... about a 3000 mi ride down and back... So don't think they are gonna make it the whole way...
  17. I got a quote on new tires for my '99 RSV today from my local M/C tire store in Woodstock GA (that's all they do). Seems like I've paid considerably more than this in the past. Here's what he quoted me: Metzler 880's (installed): Front (150/80/16)- $131.89 Rear (150/90/15)- $157.05 Total: $288.94 Dunlop E-3's (installed): Front (150/85/16)- $117.23 (Dunlop sizes them as an MV85 for some reason) Rear (150/90/15)- $137.25 Total: $254.48 Just curious how this stacks up to all-in prices everyone else has seen recently for these two brands. I'm partial to the 880's (as many of you know) due to the performance and mileage I've gotten on my last two sets - 15K+ and no failures of any kind. Think I'll stick with what's worked for me, but the price on the Dunlop's really surprised me, but Ken told me to expect a price increase in February when the new mfgr. books come out.
  18. My rear Avon Venom is about shot, and I came across the Dunlop MU90 for a better price. I just want to make sure that the correct size is an MU90B16 78H, part # 4079-95, to fit my MK I 84 VR. Comments about those of you currently using this tire appreciated....
  19. I plan on going to the darkside next summer. I ordered an extra wheel so that if I didn't like it I could just change back with no problem. I like having a spare rear wheel anyway. I ordered it from http://www.pinwallcycle.com/ and received it yesterday. The wheel was is great shape for a used wheel and it only took four days for delivery. I paid $89 plus 33 shipping and the tire on the wheel looks brand new. It's a dunlop 404 so I'm not sure if I will run it or sell it. I heard the 404 is not that good of a tire for our bike. Anyway if your looking for used parts they are a very good source.
  20. Soooo. I need a set of tires on my '87. There seems to be lots of joy about tbe Dunlop E3s but what fits? 140/90-16 and 120/90-18 don't directly match up with what Dunlop lists. Sorry if this has been beat to death! Thanks in Advance! -BlueVenture87
  21. I would like to hear your opinions on a tire issue. On sept 9th as we were leaving to head out west I noticed my rear tire looked low so I checked and sure enough it was down to about 25 lbs. Tire shop found a nail in it and would not repair it. I have been running Avons for a while now and the rear was about three months old. The only thing they had in stock was a Dunlop 404 which I am not a fan of but we were literally on our way out of town when I stopped at the shop. So anyway, I had the Dunlop installed and headed out. Now I am in South Dakota and 3800 miles into this trip and the new tire is about shot. I think it will last the rest of the trip which should total about 5200 miles and I will keep a very close watch on it the rest of the way. This whole trip has been 2 up, pulling a loaded Bushtec trailer and through the mtns of Colorado, Yellowstone and Bighorn mountains of Wyoming and parts of Montana. Do you think that the tire should have lasted longer than this or do you think that it did what it should have considering the conditions?
  22. I recently replace my old Dunlop E2 tires with 404's. I'm not unhappy with the 404's but I can tell they are less tire than the E2's were and I'll probably look for some more robust tires when these wear out. Can you get anywhere the same miles out of E3's that you could the E2's ? I could run the E2's forever. I know Metzler and Michelin, Avon etc... make some great tires too but I had such good luck with the E2's I'll probably stick with Dunlop since most of my riding these days is old-geezer style anyway. The E2's are hard to find now and are too pricey so I'm wondering how people who have had them like the E3's and if people that have previously ran E2's also like the E3's ?
  23. OK...I got rid of my Dunlop 404 tires (front and back). The ride home (appeared) to be MUCH different with the Dunlop Elite 3's on the bike. The bike (appeared) to handle much better. The bike (appeared) to have much more grip. AND The bike (appeared) to have NO "squirrely" shifting around when going over bumps, lines and tar snakes. So what is REALLY going on here? Why the "percieved" change? What causes it? I realized just by changing the tires that the grip should improve, but the handling to the degree I am seeing it kind of amazes me. Are SOME OF THIS PERCEIVED changes psychological (placebo effect)? What is everyone's opinion on this... Wally
  24. Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of bike to put them on... Anyone got any ideas?
  25. I mounted a new Dunlop E3 rear tire last week - carefully positioned the dot with the valve stem - only took 1/2 oz to perfectly balance the tire. That is the way it SHOULD be. But alas, on the way back from Don's carnival, with only 5 days and 3.000 miles on that tire, I picked up a big screw that damaged the sidewall and destroyed the tire. So with great sadness I ordered a new Dunlop E3 - came in this morning and I mounted it this afternoon. Same wheel, of course, and I carefully positioned the dot exactly with the valve stem, but did it take 1/2 oz???? Or even 1 oz or 2 oz?? Nooooooooo - How about FIVE oz of lead to pull this cruddy tire into balance? Yeah, you read that right - 5 oz! I ordinarily can't accept any tire that takes more than 3 oz of weight to balance, but this time I just wimped out. Shoulda broken the tire down and rotated it on the wheel to try and find a better balance spot, but it was dumping rain and I was just too danged lazy. And since I ordered the tire on the web, it wasn't easy to go demand a replacement, so I ended up just accepting the 5 oz balance.. But I still get to whine about it, don't I? Never had that kind of wild weight shift with Avons - just another reason I may go back to the Venom on this bike. Goose