Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Models 2001 vs. 2007 (I have my 2007 RSV listed here in the classified - but maybe some people might find this little blurb of mine interesting?) One year ago I never thought that I could afford to ever own Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Today I own and ride 2 of them! PTL! A short note here to let the reader know the differences that I have experienced riding each. Handling 07 - Better in maneuvering from pushing it around in the garage or a parking lot to the open road. Both have 40 lbs air in both tires. 01 has Dunlop, 07 has Bridgestone tubeless tires. But there is more to it than handing, When I stop with the 07 at a light it stops straight as an arrow. The 01 is more difficult to balance for some unknown reason. In the turns/curves at highway speed, the 01 has to be pushed because it always wants to correct itself and stand upright. The 07 just loves them and allows a faster rate of speed with more confidence of the rider (me!). Transmission/drive train 07 - is much less noisy - in fact a very pleasant sound emanates from the powerful V4. I decided to put loud fishtail pipes on the 01 to distract from its annoying whining. the 07 shifts crisper and easier. The 07 engine seems to rev a little higher before the governor kicks in. Comfort About the same except that the 07 has better ergonomics in the shift & brake levers which are wider and more comfortable than the narrower 01's. Suspension 07 - feels better over the bumps, not much, but my wife & I noticed the difference when we rode the 07 again after riding the 01 for several monhs. Braking 07 - no squeak/squeal of the front brake and seems like less effort and a smoother stop than the 01. Keep in mind that there are only 500 more miles on the 01 than the 07!
  2. My 2007 Midnight Venture is still under factory warranty intil Feb 2013, then I have 2 years extended. I have noticed in the past few days the riders seat is starting to split down in the creases. Also the left rear speaker is blown. I know the "Bumper to bumper" warranty isn't AS Bumper to bumper as it should be. So my question is, should I approach my dealer with these concerns or am better off just dealing with them myself? Thanks in advance. Joe 2007 Midnight Venture Monroe, GA
  3. I need a little info ASAP. As above, has 6500KM (4038 miles) in as new condition. The owner has no idea if it has CB or Intercom. Owner never rode two up and never had a head set. Serious health problems reason for selling. I don't care about CB, but do want intercom. Was intercom standard equipment in 2007? I want to purchase this evening. Don't come along like this very often. Robby
  4. New owner of a 2007 midnight venture and have a couple questions 1. What can I do about the wired com system. Can't seem to find any info online ... are the headsets universal? Are they yamaha only? Where is the best place to get info, shop etc. The bike only came with the wires ... no headsets 2. Is there any way to remove the cassette deck and upgrade to CD? Or just pull the cassette deck and create an empty pocket for the droid and or MP3 player? And who's idea was it to put a cassette deck in a 2007? Seems a little past time to me. I dunno Thanks for the help.
  5. I need a car tire for my 2007 (rear) Venture. I put a side car on and now need a car tire . Were can I get one.
  6. I too decided to leave the Venture behind after nearly 1 year. I tried with all my heart and sole to love this bike so I wouldn't be buying something else but it didn't work. The bike was great on the interstate, but due to the weight and top heavy feel it was not happy on the city streets. It was the most comfortable cruiser I have ridden. I did have a Royal Star Tour Deluxe in 1998 and a Road Star Silverado in 2001 and a Road King Classic in 2007. Out of these cruisers the RSV is the most comfortable. In 2007 I bought an FJR and was in heaven for 2 years. I told my wife I wouldn't ride anymore. Sold it and didn't ride for 1 year then begged to buy another FJR in 2009. I couldn't find anything except a Concours 14 ABS. I bought it but was never happy with it like I was with the FJR. Front brake rotors had to be replaced under warranty and then after 2,000 miles they started grabbing once more. I then traded it on the 2011 RSV. Thought I would be happy, but I couldn't take it. I like the nimbleness of the FJR and it being so much lighter and easier to handle. I find myself so excited about riding again. I think if I had never riden the FJR I would have been ok. It simply spoiled me! Thanks for all the help and answering the few questions that I had. I did enjoy being on this forum and having questions answered without me even asking. Elcorbs
  7. One of my winter projects is to put a hitch on my 2007 RSV. I am looking for suggestions on what brand you all use and what you recommend. Thanks
  8. 7/15/2011: I just received my new E3 from Jake Wilson. It was manufactured the first week of October, 2007. 3 yrs, nine months old. [ATTACH]58750[/ATTACH]
  9. If this is true, I was told by a Calif sidecar person that this is the last year for the Venture. I was asking about a trike kit for my 2007 Venture.
  10. Just Done some research and can not find anything besides Freebirds center stand mod. But he does not make it anymore. I have searched quite some time through the site here and found nothing pertaining to the second gen bike center stand. There is what looks like where a center stand should be on the bike. I suspect that Yamaha or no one else makes this. Does anyone here have a center stand that works for the second gen 2007 ? If so would like to have some info please ? I have one of the center stands that I purchased from someone here. The kind that you put under one side and then jack the bike up from the other and put pin in. Works on my bike stand, but would like a center stand permanent on the bike. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Would a center stand off of a V-Max work ?
  11. I would like to replace my clear fairing protectors with shaded. Anyone know where to purchase some?? I have a 2007 Royal Star Venture Midnight
  12. I need a new battery and can't seem to figure out which one from Advance Auto, Auto zone, or Walmart will work. Anybody know which one will fit my 2007 RSV?
  13. gunboat

#3 coil

hi all need some advise on #3 coil not sparking. with ponch's help in troubleshooting the coil, all was in spec's but no fire. had to wait till friday and changed out the coil. now the problem is still no spark from the coil. all the others cylinders are working fine. could have i got another bad coil? i got a set of coils off a 2007 rsv from pinwall cycles a couple of years ago and never needed them untill now. anyone got any ideas. i have read all the post about coils going back to 2008, yet nothing seems to hit on my problem. thanks in advance. reguards don c.
  14. Hopefully ya can see these. 2007 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Glenn
  15. Just bought my 2007 RSTD this past weekend with 2200 miles and factory warranty till March 2013. I trailered her home and then had to take it straight in to the local dealer for a recall. Something about the heads needing to have the torque checked? Is anyone aware of any other recall issues with the 2007 RSTD?
  16. Hello to all, Am looking for the availability of saddlebag and trunk liners for my friend's 2007 Royal Star Venture. I saw posts (and sites) for TLC and Yamaha, then saw posts from the guy called Beer30, and want to see what he has available at this time, maybe some pictures of them, etc. I was not able to find a site for him, so I became a member so I could post (I ride an 85 BMW K100RT). If Beer30 reads this (and is still making liners) please let me know how I can contact you... Speaking of which: it's beer o'clock right now! Keep the shiny side up! John
  17. I picked up my buddies loaner 2007 Midnight Venture tonight that he is letting me use while I tear my bike down and go through it for it's annual. I got a long list of things i need to do to my 87 VR. But the 2007 is a nice ride and I am greatful he is willing to let me use his since he doesn't seem to ride it much. It has 1125 miles on it since he bought it new and I know I've put at least 300 of those miles on it just to keep fresh gas in it. What a waste to have a great ride and leave it in the carport collecting cobwebs.
  18. i've used the search button on here but cannot get info i need. i know i've seen it discussed many times ..... 2007 RSTD how much oil do you use @ oil change ??
  19. I'm vertically challenged. About 30" inseam and I can't get flat footed on the ground. Any advise on the easiest way to lower the bike about 2"? As always, any assistant you could afford me will be greatly appreciated. By the way, I have a 2007 RSTD.
  20. Anyone now where to get a trailer hitch for a 2007 RSV for a reasonable price?
  21. Does anybody know if the Baron Riser kit will fit a 2007 Midnight? It is not listed in the fitment for the 2007 midnight.
  22. looking at a 2007 RSV with only 140 mi on the bike. are there any known problems with the bike in general. My 87 royal is getting wore out. Need help.
  23. Does anyone have or know of a Batwing fairing for for a 2007 Tour Deluxe. Looking for one with radio and speakers.